It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know any 'famous' actors which are member of a secret society? I do..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The other day I watched the film 'Shoot 'em up' and noticed the pyramid pin attached to the jacket of Paul Giamatti. Because there was no obvious reason for him to wear that pin in that movie I wondered.......

Now I know that PG obtained his Master's Degree in Fine Arts, with his major in drama from the Yale University School of Drama and was tapped in his senior year for membership of the skull and bones.

Do you know any actors or known people in the entertainment world who are freemasons or member of a secret society?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Technically you saw a 9 year old movie where a character is wearing a pin, not the actor. So you know him in the same way that I know bill gates because my laptop runs off windows. Good day to you sir

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Who cares what actors are in secret societies?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Technically you saw a 9 year old movie where a character is wearing a pin, not the actor. So you know him in the same way that I know bill gates because my laptop runs off windows. Good day to you sir

lol.

Why should anyone care about actors in societies. Although i think most probably are.

I would guess mourinho real madrid manager is high up in those things, lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I only know one actor. I know of many. The actor I know might belong to a secret society but if anyone knew, then the society would no longer be a secret one.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The actor I know might belong to a secret society but if anyone knew, then the society would no longer be a secret one.

Ya got that right. It's called the Screen Actor's Guild.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
The other day I watched the film 'Shoot 'em up' and noticed the pyramid pin attached to the jacket of Paul Giamatti. Because there was no obvious reason for him to wear that pin in that movie I wondered.......
Well, first, the pin shown is not a pyramid, it's a square & compasses, a symbol used by Freemasons, and, as far as I know, only freemasons.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7707e3ff6375.jpg[/atsimg]

Giamatti himself is not a Freemason... He's an atheist*, and membership in Masonry requires a belief in God. So for some reason they wanted to portray the character as a Mason, perhaps, but the actor is not.

Edit: He did join Skull & Bones in 1989, but supposedly dropped out following his father's death that same year.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by JoshNorton]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Full with smart people here on ATS....who says he is a freemason? What about the skull and bones? Any contributing remark on that?

Edited on 23-06-2010

[edit on 24-6-2010 by zatara]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Who cares what actors are in secret societies?

Not you...that's for sure ........I guess.

I am interested in this because it will give me an idea about who is connected and maybe there are dots which make a larger picture about what is going on in that world.. Just curious, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Full with smart people here on ATS....who says he is a freemason? What about the skull and bones? Any contributing remark on that?
If the whole reason you started this thread was a lapel pin in a movie, then that's a false marker. I've edited my post to include his Skull & Bones membership, but the pin is no relation...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Do you know any actors or known people in the entertainment world who are freemasons or member of a secret society?

An ex celebrity and confirmed Freemason, Michael Richards.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can you please present a source that says PG is in Skull & Bones?!
Not that he was tapped, but that he is indeed a member of Skull & Bones.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Richerd Pryor, John Wayne, Clark Gable, Glenn Ford, Bud Abbott, Roy Rodgers, Danny Thomas, Nat King Cole, Oliver hardy, Borgnine, Ernest, Harold Loyd, Michael Richards (Kramer), Telly Savalas, Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer, Audie Murphey (more of a war hero, but did act some...mainly as himself) ......these are to name a few, if you look around there are plenty of masonic celebrity list pages....

Something to note about Masonic symbols in film, there's been a rare few times that masonry has in fact been shown in a good light, However for whatever the reasons most in Hollywood love to put masonic symbols on the bad guys "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen" the storm troopers have teh square and compass on their shoulders, in Equilibrium they use a cross used by many groups but closely associated with York Rite on the futurestic facist state.....I'm not sure wether these are meant as direct attacks by those who dislike masonry, or if it's just general conspiracy nuttery, or wether most likely they don't know much about us, but want to find some "mystic" symbol for the bad guys and ours will do.

There's a great list of masonic references both good and bad here...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

If the whole reason you started this thread was a lapel pin in a movie, then that's a false marker. I've edited my post to include his Skull & Bones membership, but the pin is no relation...

Hi Josh,
To be fair to the OP, he is not the first to bring up this particular film, including Masons. I'd rather he did not make the "smart" remark as a form of retaliation though. The Masons requirement of god is an unspecified one, and is ambiguous. But then Atheism is also a broad enough "Church" to allow different ideas on what is interpretated as god. It's a trick question really that the Masons ask. I could be wrong, but I dare say that there are Buddhists and Hindi Masons.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I saw this brilliant movie with this Actor you mention in it called 'Cold Souls' If you are in the 'in' you know where the inspiration from this movie comes from I suppose and its pretty damn badass. But if you just watched the movie with normal people they would not understand the movie on the level that it was made. I can't say too much more about that, but I don't know any,(beside all of them..) just from what I see in the movies, but I can usually see their eyes and tell who they really are if ya digg.. If you havnt seen the movie Cold Souls I highly recommend it, because it is one of the only movies that ive ever heard of that dives into this incredible, yet frightening and somehow reassuring topic.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Barbara Hutton was the only child of Edna Woolworth a daughter of Frank W. Woolworth ....founder of the successful Woolworth five and dime stores. Barbara Hutton I know was in several movies but, I am not too informative regarding that aspect of her career. She opened many years ago,.....a venue on the outside of Pleasantville, New Jersey. You could see it on the main highway leading into Atlantic City. In the early 80's they had original bands performing there. I stopped in one evening and was greeted by 2 very tall doormen dressed in black and wearing Satanic symbols around their necks. Inside the venue were black mirrors. I'm not sure if Barbara Hutton turned ownership duties over to friends of the family at the point in time? She was supposedly interested in the spirit world. The place was abandoned for many years after my visit and has been since torn down.......But, very strange place. Very dark and mysterious.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I don't know if any are masons...but i know that we have one here among our membership.

Nope...not gonna tell on them, either.

top topics

join