It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell Me This- What if?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I think during a huge disaster or war the last thing on my mind would be finding fellow ats'ers. More important things would spring to mind like food, water and shelter.

Although finding Bear Grylls would be a smart move in my book, guy knows how to survive!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Would it be possible to break down members by region somehow? Here in the US, maybe we could be grouped together by state based on how we set up our profile. For instance, I'm in Alaska. Take anyone else that's registered as being in Alaska and create a separate folder for each state/region that threads could be posted under. It would all be voluntary, of course.

I understand that when TSHTF we won't have internet, but this could be done as a preventive measure. If someone started an "All Alaskan ATSer's post here" thread for instance, myself and anyone else here could post comments so at least we'd know which users were in our area. You could then create a list of those users in your area (written down, I mean) and U2U people ahead of time to develop contacts ahead of time.

Via U2U we could either exchange phone numbers or plan a common meeting place, maybe pre-plan a CB radio frequency, plan what kind of armbands or signals we'll use,etc. Each state or region could come up with something unique to their area, and updates posted on the corresponding thread (important info, of course only shared through U2U).That way, we'd get a feel for who we can and can't trust BEFORE TSHTF; and doing it through U2U would keep TPTB from hopefully getting our plans--or at least slow them down.

I understand that people can set up their profile however they want, and there'd be some jokesters trying to mess with us, but I think it'd be relatively few, and the benefits would outweigh the annoyances.

Ultimately, though, and I'm not going to get preachy, people just have to have faith in whatever type of higher being they relate to. Most things that happen in our lives are beyond our control, and it doesn't benefit us spiritually, mentally, or even physically to expend energy on trying to control things we have no control over. Do the best you can with what you have on your table each given day, and turn as many of the unknowns as possible over to your higher power; and pray that higher power leads you to others who can help you, and whom you may be able to help in return.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

I often wish there was a way to meet up with fellow members to recreate with, and make plans for the future. Maybe shortwave radio is not a bad idea in shtf senario.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
I was posting on another thread and this occured to me.

What if... If things in the U.S. became uncontrollable and we were pretty much on our own. Gas gone, food gone, killing, no internet ot tv, etc

How many of you would look for other ATS'ers to band together with should you have no family and friends at that time? (God Forbid)

How would we find or know eachother? There are a lot of members here and in a horrific time we should be prepared to ban together and try to find eachother because no matter how much we fight and bicker and no matter how many may be a little nutty,

ATS is our common bond.

I think the owners of ATS and its members should have a way of identifying one another in an all out crisis. If for nothing more than so we don't kill or hurt one of our own.

Yes this is a BIG what if but there has to be a visual sign of sorts.

Edited to Edit statement:
I probably shouldn't have said we should seek out ATS members but more along the lines of "how could we identify an ATS member" I might be less likely to shoot to kill if I see the ATS armband.... or at least give you a few seconds head start to get away from me.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Bachrk]

Good point Bachrk,

Get a manually operated generator, a 5 meter vhf rig or "handy talky" and start screaming into the microphone "CQ, CQ, CQ..ATS, ATS"

Let go of the mic button.

While you are waiting for a response clean your AK, SKS, '45 or whatever you happen to have. Make sure your clips are full, etc.

Hope you get a response!!

I'll be there listening. Good Luck.

73's (have a great day),
Tom

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Not sure if you guys have already said this but has ATS thought about having some kind of annual convention. Only problem I see is people showing up in Star Trek or Galaxy Quest costumes. Let's face it, most of us are paranoid about everything. But you should look into having some kind of annual get together.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I like this thread because it's sorta how I live now. Green house for year round vegetables, 2 sheep kept for breeding, 2 pigs, rabbits, chickens, and then squirrels as a hobby[I haven't eaten squirrel yet but will]. If it came down to no gas, no food, no electricity I think I would be fine. Aside from the green house and live stock that I already have I guess I would find myself stealing. Not canned goods and stuff from a grocery store or gas from empty gas stations, but the solar panels off of the highways.[Keep your eyes open! I've counted several dozen in a 2 mile span and even more so where construction is taking place]. So this would allow for me to have electricity[probably would have to steal some books from the library]. I would search for people who are willing to help others. I would want to start a colony. I would Guard my home bearing arms. I would collect rain water and use a filter with activated carbon in it.[The type of filters you use for fish tanks].

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The best way to know if your talking to an ATSer is too do the old

you say: Flash

they say: thunder

but seein as how this is ATS

you say : deny

they say : ignorance

it would be hard to tell tptb pawns though as they would be well versed in all aspects of ATS

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hello new to posting to ATS.

I think that the odds of finding someone from ATS after such an event. (which I do believe is coming and soon). Is highly unlikely. Unless all of the ATS users are living in a few adjacent towns or in the same county. Otherwise we are spread all over the country and world. So being able to travel is not going to be easy under the conditions that you suggest. Highly unlikely that you will meet another ATSer I am afraid.

It is more likely that each of us are on a list and will be targeted, located and arrested or possibly terminated.

Remember the Polish air crash video and the shooting of those not killed.

Remember the photos of all of the UN vehicles in Florida. I believe someone here posted ( not to worry they are just there for storage ). Of course things are stored until you need them. So are they being stored for use in China, Europe, Afghanistan?

No, THE USA is where they will be used. Interesting that they are here before the gulf disaster. Now there is talk of ecav. of Tampa as well as the entire gulf.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.veteranstoday.com...

By the way have any of you seen this one?

www.youtube.com...

I think that when this happens there will be many foreign troops including illegals whom are already here from many nations that are really military awaiting their change to kill Americans as so many around the world hate us now, unlike 10 or 20 years ago when most of the world loved Americans. Many of those used to kill us will then be killed themselves as they will have out lived their usefulness.

But in answer to your question. Most people in the world have no idea what ATS is. So anything that points out ATS plus a hand signal would work fine. Of course anything posted here is immediately in the hands of those we fear are doing this to begin with, so can you really trust people you do not know?

Not unless you are desperate or naive.

It will be a rare case that you will be able to find 1 of us out of the 300 million.

More likely that you will find like minded people whom have never heard of ATS, but will aid you.

As for myself I will go on living as I am now, being kind to all whom deserve it. I see so many suffering each day, and it hurts me deep inside. If I'm killed then great, this is a horrible planet and it is not getting any better. I look forward to my next level of being.

GodBlessAll

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Although ATS is a common bond one needs to ask what is going to be the common ideaology? Hate Jews? Muslims? Christians? NO!!! Politics, religion must be abolished as these are the common dualistic threads that got us where we are. We can all hope that some of the phrophetic talk is true like a paradigm shift in human consciousness. This will lead us to a level 2 glactic society. This can be achieved through six universal laws.
1) Unconditional love
2) Selfless service to others
3) unselfishness
4) compassion
5) harm no one
6) respect others free will
I know there will be those that will suggest senarios that test the above.
If someone is crazy and is going to kill the helpless they are intending to steal others free will away. So to live so one must kill to protect others from infringement when absolutely neccessary. But in a situation when all understand the above with love in the heart unbelievable things can be achieved by humanity. There is no messiah to wait for. The messiah is in you. Quit waiting for some outside intervention!! The infinate intelligence created all things to rise up and become or evolve back to being like the creator itself. BINGO!!! Lose the control, free your mind, find the silence and the higher self will give you the way. THe higher self? the little messiah within? hint hint Have a great day ATSers.
Nameste' ( I respect the God in you)
Ansuzrune

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hey! why talk only about U.S.A.? Do you know that there are other countries on EARTH, with people that joined ATS and want to survive too?
If you are so selfish and think only about you, than you would be the first ATS member i would not want to meet in case of "apocalypse"

[edit on 25-6-2010 by xspinx]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why not wait to receive your original markings childrenz, that way you will not accidentally mark yourselves for the beast. Also a less identifiable technic I think would be safer approach not having any markings but mabey knowing a certain sound or body language say a handshake or eye movement or welcoming approach. Just a few points...

[edit on 6/25/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Agreed. That's why now is the time to get to know your neighbors and others willing to even discuss SHTF scenarios. Find out what everyone can bring to the table.

If you don't know how to hunt offer your medical training, if you don't know how to shoot offer your gardening skills, if you don't know how to preserve food offer your military skills. The list goes on.

There will be no room for someone who hasn't got a useful skill. If you have none - learn one now. Be prepared to offer something useful to a community that will allow you to receive the community's resources in return.

If you plan to go it alone there are a lot of skills necessary to survive all resting on you.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think just a spoken phrase would identify membership, here's a few:

Deny ignorance

We are with you WOS

Proud member of the Zazzbot cult

and so on....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
how about registering on another forum, not conspiracy related at all, maybe cooking, crafts, etc. use THEIR u2u for the specific details exchange. only use the ATS u2u for initial contact. the more you "divert the path" of communication, the harder it is to trace.

evryone should be teaching your family, friends and neighbors to think in this mode, but if you use the natural disaster as the catalyst you will get more favorable reception than the tin foil hat scenario

or, you could be bizarre, and just leave trails of tin foil to secure meeting places/ temp safeholds, and recon the place daily to see how many make the hat (thats the secret handshake.) If you act totally nuts, it also helps keep the riffraff run off too (jibberjabber, drool, laught maniacly)

and a random thread with possible locations to meet (also all tinfoiled)
I walk up, you wear tinfoil, you're all right

dr

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I've always kind of wondered if any of my friends or family are secretly ATS members...its not exactly something I talk to everyone about, so I don't ask anyone. However, I just posted "Deny Ignorance" on my facebook, I wonder if I will get any responses that know what I mean.

Any members from Idaho?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

People in many other countries have more sense and morals, as evidenced by the reponse in the Great Tsunami of 2004. Most people across the planet already live in what Americans would call SHTF conditions without acting like crazed animals.

I don't think many Americans would be able to deal with a megadisaster or financial collapse. We are too spoiled. After three days without Iphones, Fast Food, Caffeine, Internet, and Television, most of the US population would act like raving lunatics.

So your already better off by not being here.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by detroitredwings
i have always wanted this type of scenario to go down ( i dunno why )

Really? Wow. Thats sad man. Im originally from MI, and its bad there, but not end of the world bad.

How on earth could anyone actually want chaos, end of society, death, destruction, and mayhem?

Im sorry, I may be into self sufficency pretty heavy, and am prepared should something terrible arise, but good God man, I certainly wouldnt want to actually have it arrive and witness the horrors that would come about.

I hope the rest of ATS doesnt feel like this, if you do, should TSHTF, stay the hell away from me, you have nothing to offer.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

It is very simple. Let me explain it to you.
To know what the true love is, you must first experience hate, loneliness etc.
To know what peace is, you must first experience war, destruction, death.
did you understood? You must experience the duality of the things so you can understand them better.

+ In case of an car accident etc. i like how people respond (not all of them) when they try to give the first aid to the victims, neglecting the victims religion, sex, age, race. And i would like to see that more of this type of neglecting in the daily life.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xspinx
did you understood? You must experience the duality of the things so you can understand them better.

You are kidding right? In order for me to have peace in life, I first must witness the destruction of society? WTF?

I have known sadness, love, health, and sickness. I also know peace. I dont need to watch my world crumble around me to understand peacefulness and tranquility. I find it in my gardens, in my soul being at ease, in watching my other half spend a moment smelling the flowers she worked so hard to grow from seed.

No, I dont need chaos to achieve peace, and those that wish for the destruction of society, from any source, manmade or otherwise, will never know peace. Happiness is within you, you must find that inside yourself, not by watching and witnessing chaos and destruction.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Dude, there is a reason for this duality in life. It's about experience. To be a fully grown person, mentally, physically, spiritually you must first experience both sides. In occult societies, in ancient Greece, in Egypt, even in our times, (interesting book to read
ante's hell)an initiatory ritual is done by first going to hell and than to heaven. Of course you can go directly to hell or to heaven , but than what would be the point of life if you do not experience it as much as you can? And don't give me that stereotypical speech about the happiness hiding inside you. Every half-scholar uses that speech, and they all live a #ty life, denying their feelings, not even understanding them, but still giving other people advices on how they should be happy. Sorry but i do not take lessons from lets say for example a swimming teacher that can't swim, or from a 200kg/440 pounds nutritionist.
Life is about experiencing=>learning=>development=> etc.

"There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought. "
-- Charles Kingsley

People that haven't experienced war, communism like I have, no speech freedom etc. live in the first type of freedom listed above ^.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by xspinx]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join