It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens as childhood "imaginary friends", or something else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've always wondered about this one folks. I mean, think about it; kids everywhere have these "imaginary" beings that follow them around and play with them. Only thing is is that we can't seem to see or experience them, since we've matured. The kids treat them like real people, and for some reason, they pay more attention to them than they do to the 'real' world.

Is it possible that these are aliens, or is it that they are angels just trying to keep the children occupied, or again is it that the child is just a very creative person and can create imaginary friends from scratch.

My personal opinion on this is that these children are seeing something that is actually there, but is only visible to them. I've always wanted to do scientific tests when a child claims to be in the presence of one of these beings. I'd just love to have an infrared cam, and some other detection equipment to pick up their presence nearby. But, that's just my opinion.

Please opine.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah... Teletubbies...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I read somewhere that when your a kid your brain operates on different brain waves theta waves or something that your brain operates with a higher imagination and creativity it could be true.But I know what I saw. hehe

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL!!! Those things have always scared me. If that's what kids are seeing, then they really ARE in trouble!! HAHA!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think children believe they see their "imaginary friend" that they created and therefore...see them. I don't think they're actually seeing beings of any kind. I used to have an imaginary friend when I was a kid who would play He-Man and the Masters of The Universe with me.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Well i think it depends on the child really,
I belive some just have an over active imagination, which is great

But i also think there are cases in which a child see's something else
i lean more towards spirits ect, But i dont disregard Children seeing aliens
At a very young age they are not aware this is not something normal,

Theres alot of storys out there, and some strong evidence ect but also alot of lies,

So i guess its one of them things we may never no!

Interesting though!

new topics

top topics

join