It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian police stop weapons-laden car near G20 summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Canadian police stop weapons-laden car near G20 summit

www.google.com

Canadian police Thursday arrested the driver of a car laden with five gas canisters, a chain-saw and a home-made crossbow close to the Toronto center where G20 leaders will meet, AFP witnessed.

The grey-haired, bespectacled driver was hustled away by police after they stopped his car because it was topped with a homemade steel container.

The metal storage box was riveted together and balanced on some foam as it drove past the Novotel hotel in the center of the city which is hosting world leaders this week. not give further details about the car or driver.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No word yet on whether this is a false flag or just coincidence.
Story is still breaking.
To close to G20 for this to be innocent...

Maybe there is a plot in the works and related to those 17 Afghan AWOL soldiers in the US.

A man with weapons and a man arrested over explosives.
Could just be coincidence thought it was noteworthy to post

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good that they're catching these people. I'm sure tensions are way up as well as security. It's nerve wracking hosting events of this magnitude.

Just in case we want to keep track for any reason, this is the second incident I'm aware of.

Toronto man arrested over G20 summit 'plot'

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

The grey-haired, bespectacled driver was hustled away by police after they stopped his car because it was topped with a homemade steel container.

The metal storage box was riveted together and balanced on some foam as it drove past the Novotel hotel...

Either this is Sorcha Faal or the PTB have a sense of humour.

What next — a 'green' farmer bearing Semtex-stuffed chickens?

But hang on; maybe there's method in their madness:

$1 billion for G20 summit security

Now noone can argue with the expenditure, can they?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sounds like he was off to the cottage. Bass season opens tomorrow. These are not odd items for a Canadian. Gas for the boat and chainsaw, crossbow for fishing and whacking red squirres. Hey but you can't take chances this weekend.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Also being discussed over here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

sounds like a camping trip.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
What a joke. The PTB are really starting to look ridiculous. A couple of empty gas cans, a home made crossbow and....Oooo...pellet guns! The only terrorist is the one in Al Gore's pants.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All legal items. Ridiculous. I guess it's okay to trample somebody's rights if they happen to get too close to "our masters". Oooh. A scary scary crossbow. That sure presents a threat to one of the most heavily-defended groups of people in history.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Weapons laden car? Lol .. what next - think he had all that gas so he could run his chainsaw long enough to get the entire G20 summit with it?

I can see it now - grandpop chainsaws 200 people to death, refilling his chainsaw several times, taking on hundreds of riot police and swat teams.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
for anyone who is planning on going down and protesting....all downtown Toronto Hospitals aren't receiving drugs for patients.

so don't get hurt.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
five gas canisters, a chain-saw and a home-made crossbow
The metal storage box was riveted together and balanced on some foam
Related News Links:
www.google.com

five gas canisters, a chain-saw and a home-made crossbow The grey-haired, bespectacled driver was hustled away by police after they stopped his car because it was topped with a homemade steel container.

Oh please! was this "back woods" terrorist going out to kill some innocent trees.
Now if he had several AK-47's Grenades, boat load of ammo and fertilizer with Diesel fuel, then that would something.
But come on, a chain-saw?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I used too see an old Wendy's advertisement on T.V. A harmless elderly Lady in her 80's asks for a hamburger and a minuscule burger is placed in a huge bun. She exclaims, "Where's the beef?"

Perhaps he had a well laid plan? He would light the gas and leap from the vehicle doing a tight somersault roll and landing on his feet. The car explodes as it rolls through the security check point. He would then run to the burning car and pull the metal box from the top. Unbeknown-st to the police this is actually a human tank!

His bony knees stick out as he runs and lets loose the Mann of War with his homemade crossbow! Can't underestimate these older folks ya know

A billion bucks buys this security.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I used too see an old Wendy's advertisement on T.V. A harmless elderly Lady in her 80's asks for a hamburger and a minuscule burger is placed in a huge bun. She exclaims, "Where's the beef?"

Perhaps he had a well laid plan? He would light the gas and leap from the vehicle doing a tight somersault roll and landing on his feet. The car explodes as it rolls through the security check point. He would then run to the burning car and pull the metal box from the top. Unbeknown-st to the police this is actually a human tank!

His bony knees stick out as he runs and lets loose the Mann of War with his homemade crossbow! Can't underestimate these older folks ya know

A billion bucks buys this security.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forestsight
Sounds like he was off to the cottage. Bass season opens tomorrow. These are not odd items for a Canadian. Gas for the boat and chainsaw, crossbow for fishing and whacking red squirres. Hey but you can't take chances this weekend.

That's exactly what I thought when I finally saw the car and "weapons". Jeez, I've seen similar stuff in Northern California even. The homemade thing on top, complete with a padded cushion. He'll have quite a tale to tell.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wonder if you ran around with scissors, if they would tackle you for having a weapon?

Crazy!

new topics

top topics

join