It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Sensitivity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Are there any methods to gain sensitivity to the paranormal? Meaning are there any ways to see more paranormal beings?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Near death experience? Meditation? Not sure. I've been sensitive to the paranormal ever since I was a small child. On 2 separate occasions my heart stopped and I had to be revived. I had a severe seafood allergy which my father thought he could cure by having me consume small amounts of fish.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I see.. so I guess it is a sense instilled at birth then?

And by the way, did your dad cause the severe seafood allergy that stopped your heart?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i used to be of your mind set.

now more the other side of the coin.

i would not recommend trying to contact anything.

read the ultimate paranormal guide book.

much more answers for anything outer worldly

the books easy to find its possibly the most read spirit world guide book ever.

the bible

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

Oh, I just want to try to see something paranormal, I definitely would not try to summon or contact anything.. I've seen way too many horror movies of a contact or a summoning gone wrong. I will check out the book you recommended, thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for. You may not like what you see. In fact, it might scare the crap out of you. To see what is not normally seen includes both Angels and Demons. Unless you are prepared (with knowledge) to deal with what you see, I would just let the idea go.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rufus51

I guess you are right, however I am very interested in the paranormal. I dont want to be taunted or haunted or anything. Just a few experiences would be cool..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sure, this is possible through meditation. People aren't born psychic out of luck, they worked and developed these abilities in past lifetimes.

I recommend these:
www.angelfire.com...

Go through the awakening meditations, open your chakras.. then the clairovoyant centers like your 3rd eye. Soon you will be able to perceive the 4th dimension/astral and converse with the beings there. These meditations rock and that is an understatement, simply opening your chakras and empowering them will bring you understanding beyond that of the average person.. all it takes is persistence.

If you get serious with these, I suggest you look around the site(there's a home link on the bottom of the meditation page) and consider doing the dedication ritual. This is for your own protection.. once you open your energy centers and begin to expand spiritually, negative beings will try to scare/influence you.. unless you have protection from the spiritual hierarchy..

Most people freak out over Ouija boards and those kind of things, it's only a lack of knowledge.. Without proper knowledge people are likely to become fearful.. and yes, TPTB love that.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ok - here's one you could try that shouldn't be a problem in a 'bad' way.

Do you have a loved one that's died? Someone that was really close to you? Try and contact them...

You'll need a candle and a big mirror you can move around easily.

Ok, go the darkest room you have with the candle and mirror. Make the room as absolutely light free as possible. I mean NO light at all. No cracks under the door, NOTHING.

Position the mirror in the middle of the room and use something to prop it up that you will not see above or around the sides of the mirror.

Place the candle a few feet behind you and light it.

Sit with the mirror an arm and a hands length in front of you.

When you're all set sit down, relax, breath deeply with your eyes closed for 5-10 minutes.

Now open your eyes and concentrate on the space just above your reflection but let your eyes go 'soft' and (of course) think on your loved one that's passed away.

Supposedly after some practice and real intent concentration you'll make contact with that person using this method.

Let me know how it works out if you try it!

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As one poster already stated, opening up to the paranormal means that you can be seen by both angelic and demonic orders of beings (along with many many many others). These entities are very intelligent and powerful, so my advice to you is choose the path of Love, which is the highest path.

Do not be afraid, follow your heart, ask for guidance from the highest power (which is the Creator).

As for what you can do physically to embark on this journey, do some research into awakening your Third Eye and the pineal gland.

Love and peace to you on your journey,

Namaste.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
performing mirror magic, one has very little control on what is summoned. Like a ouija board it opens a doorway. those baddies are very clever and can imitate anyone. be careful with mirrors in dark rooms. but, it is true. it is easier for the entities to show themselves in reflections. That is the theory anyways. dark+mirrors=*shivers*

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh, and in almost all of my sightings, i was never 'looking' for anything. I have communicated with them and have them tap on things and such. Or go to a know haunted location and seen strange things but for the most part you just come upon them or vice versa. just go to a location known for that sort of thing and sit and observe. or go in the woods and sit and observe. Ghost's are everywhere. happy hunting.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

Dr Michael Persinger believes that paranormal experiences may be linked to our brains sensitivity to magnetic fields. There might be a correlation between "experiencers" and high temporal lobe sensitivity. Interesting stuff if you ask me.

More here

new topics

top topics

join