It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mathematics of corruption.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There is one major difference about Lula, when you compare him to other presidents. He doesn't come from a rich family. He comes from a poor background and worked many years as a metallurgy worker, latter becoming president of the Union and years latter, co-founding the political Labor Party. After that, for many years, he was a candidate for presidency, always losing.

Now, what's makes him just as like as any other is the corruption and complete disregard for the laws of the country. Lula has already served two mandates. He can not be a candidate this year. So he has chosen someone to substitute him. Dilma Russef. Thing is, Lula is using his seat at the presidency to antecipate Dilma's campaign.

The TSE(Tribunal Superior Eleitoral, or Superior Electoral Court) has alraedy fined our president FIVE TIMES for antecipating Dilma´s campaign. Do you know what Lula in return? That he would get fined as many times as they want. He just doesn't care.

Now, the question I pose is this. Lula comes from a poor background. His whole life is one of strugle. He wasn't rich before becoming president. So, how come he can afford being fined 5 times in less than 5 months?

Let's take a look at his salary as a president:

Lula's salary: R$ 11,400.00 / month

Now, lets take a look at the fines he has received:

03/18/2010 1st fine: R$ 5,000.00
03/25/2010 2nd fine: R$ 10,000.00
05/19/2010 3rd fine: R$ 5,000.00
05/22/2010 4th fine: R$ 10,000.00
06/04/2010 5th fine: R$ 7,500.00

Total = R$ 47,500.00

That's more than 4 months of paychecks! That's more money than he has made as president ever since the first fine!

How come our president can afford getting fined so many times AND NOT GIVE A DAMN? He is not rich. At least he wasn't, till he became president. But a president's salary wouldn't make him rich, either!

It's working on his favor, though. At the begining of the year, Dilma was way behind on the polls. Now she is ahead. Something that only happened because our president is corrupt and doesn't care about the laws of his country.

LINK to news about his 1st fine
LINK to news on his 2nd fine
LINK to news on his 3rd fine
LINK to news about his 4th fine
LINK to news of his 5th fine

[edit on 24-6-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I bet you are voting for the other candidate. Serra? Perhaps Ciro?

Just for the sake of discussion, I did not vote for Lula. I actually do not vote at all.

Ok, fine thread about another corrupt politician (redundancy?).... now, where is the conspiracy?
All I see is the same old story of a president helping his candidate.
Fernando Henrique Cardoso did the same thing for his buddy candidate Jose Serra back in 2002 when he (FHC) was still president. The difference is, Serra lost, and Lula won.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this should be OK, all I ask is: Where is the conspiracy?

Peace

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sator
I bet you are voting for the other candidate. Serra? Perhaps Ciro?

Just for the sake of discussion, I did not vote for Lula. I actually do not vote at all.

Ok, fine thread about another corrupt politician (redundancy?).... now, where is the conspiracy?
All I see is the same old story of a president helping his candidate.
Fernando Henrique Cardoso did the same thing for his buddy candidate Jose Serra back in 2002 when he (FHC) was still president. The difference is, Serra lost, and Lula won.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this should be OK, all I ask is: Where is the conspiracy?

Peace

There is no conspiracy, if you take it as a fact. I don't care for either political party. Serra or Dilma, both are crooks. I see you are brazilian, like myself. I don't take sides on politics, because I don't want to take sides with corrupt politicians.

I have worked for a several years providing technology solutions to treasury departments all over the country and every single politician I have met, doesn't matter from which political party, was corrupt. Many were very charismatic and the people didn't know 1/100th of what was going on.

EDIT: And no, I am not voting for Serra. I am not one of those people who blindly hate one candidate to blindly follow the other one. As always, I will probably vote blank.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
just because hes been fined doesnt mean he's paid all the fines.

hes probly on the 50$ a month plan

[edit on 24-6-2010 by pryingopen3rdeye]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
As somebody who has had to lean several different languages in life so far, please allow me to congratulate all the Brazillians in this thread for excellent English. I know how hard it is to learn second and third languages. I am impressed, my friends.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
As somebody who has had to lean several different languages in life so far, please allow me to congratulate all the Brazillians in this thread for excellent English. I know how hard it is to learn second and third languages. I am impressed, my friends.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you.

henrique, nice avatar!

And thank you for the thread and the discussion.
Always nice to talk to a fellow country mate on ATS.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join