It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Canadian police arrest man driving explosives ridden car.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The chances are this will be stretched out for a week or so and then be yet another terrorist related incident? All to change the direction of attention, from the oilspill perhaps?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They just showed the car on cnn, 2 of the gas cans were blue, therefore looked more like water containers, it almost looked like he might be living out of his car. Could've easily just been a trip to the cottage. Suitcases, water containers, hatchets, chainsaw, gas cans, pellet rifle, his dog (hope it's ok).

He really should not have gone near Toronto though, unless he doesn't own a tv and knows nothing about the summits.

They tried to arrest a landscaper yesterday, cause of her tools.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What is this guy, McGruber! I think even Canadian Terrorists can do better than this. Do they think this guy was going to defeat the massive waste of security with a chainsaw. We may not be allowed to have handguns but we are allowed to have chainsaws. In fact being Canadian, it might actually be a law.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
The chances are this will be stretched out for a week or so and then be yet another terrorist related incident? All to change the direction of attention, from the oilspill perhaps?

Either the oilspill or the price tag for security for these three days....One billion..for 3 days...

I think that's outrageous, but what do I know...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
WTH kinda non story is this? A couple of gas cans, some might be water jugs, pellet rifle (you could put an eye out) hatchet, chainsaw, crossbow and sticks? The police are the freekin nutcases! How low has canada sunk? Be careful! He could make a bonfire, kill a rabbit and roast it!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If anyone can find a picture of the car itself I just saw a live shot on CNN...

He had some kind of home-made almost luggage contraption on the top of th car, this big stainless steel mess.

This may be another complete idiot terrorist like that awesomely skilled bomb maker in times square.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Perhaps he's friends with this other guy that bought 65 bags of fertilizer

Never heard if they caught him or not, the media kind of let that drop. There will be HEAVY security for the summits, at this point, I don't think those nutcases will get through the lines of said security, no matter what they carry.

Still, pro summit or no is a point of view and it's a shame that those extremists are closing in.

Good post

I was just going to mention that...... That could be a big BOOM at the G20.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There is also an oar, camping equipment, tools.
Toronto.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
If anyone can find a picture of the car itself I just saw a live shot on CNN...

He had some kind of home-made almost luggage contraption on the top of th car, this big stainless steel mess.

This may be another complete idiot terrorist like that awesomely skilled bomb maker in times square.

This is a picture of the car, to be honest I would have stopped it as well. It just looks too out of the ordinary to be driving past G20.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I took one look at that car and have come to the solid conclusion that the driver of that car had no ill intentions. I mean, that thing sticks out like a sore thumb. He had to know he would get stopped by law enforcement. If he had ill intentions, would he not have tried to blend in a little better?....at least rent a U-haul.

My guess is the guy either lives in his vehicle, or was on his way to/from a camping trip.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
my immediate take on this was he lives in the woods the gas is for his generator the crossbow is to kill dinner and the chainsaw is for cutting firewood

he's in Canada, lots of people there live this self sufficient life style. I dunno why he went to Toronto maybe he just doesn't get to town that often and isn't hip to 'big city ' ways

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
looks like those police have been into the law enFARCEmints
they have the warm fuzzy glow of accomplishment,
that is the warm fuzzy glow of accomplishment isn't it?
not the warm fuzzy glow of propane inhalation?

PS
I like the hand gestures the one cop is making while he explains the 'TERROR" part of the mobile

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
well duh everyone knows blue gas tanks are the trademark for al qaeda

cross bows and baseball bats are al qaeda's weapons of choice.

Good job worthless cops, way to fight crime

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

it's in toronto. local news STILL has said nothing, as far as i know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

oh. the thread knows, already. i hit reply too soon.
look out! dangerous self sufficient handyman on the loose!!

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by hhcore

WOW

That is really related to this thread !

Are you from Montreal? Cause I am, and a french Canadian. And we care about the people from Toronto. The security there for this occasion MUST be on a high level, so that nutjobs don't get through.

Have a good day.

Touchy, aren't we?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

No big deal. It's just that it ain't all french people from Quebec that are hostile and careless of english speaking canadians.

I'll agree with that I get touchy at times. No offence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join