It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Canadian police arrest man driving explosives ridden car.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
From Fox News Channel:

Canadian police have arrested a man driving a car riddled with explosives in the area surrounding the current G20 meetings.

More to come....

*Edit

New little flash saying it may have just been packed full of weapons. They have a live report from the meetings coming in a few minutes.

May be related to the earlier couple arrested for making explosives in their home video.foxnews.com...

*Edit

Here we go, a link.... www.foxnews.com...
[edit on 24-6-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

Canadian police Thursday arrested the driver of a car laden with five gas canisters, a chain-saw and a home-made crossbow close to the Toronto center where G20 leaders will meet, AFP witnessed. The grey-haired, bespectacled driver was hustled away by police after they stopped his car because it was topped with a homemade steel container.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Many have already speculated something was going to go down at the G8 meetings. I don't know if this a false flag though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
comes from fox news, first?
lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by billybob

That's what she said! lol
Seriously does it matter who broke the news first?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
5 gas canisters, a chainsaw, and a crossbow have so far been reported, nothing else yet and they say it is still too soon to guess if it is related to the G20 summit.

I do not see how this can not be related, but I guess he could just run a lawn service?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
5 gas canisters, a chainsaw, and a crossbow have so far been reported, nothing else yet and they say it is still too soon to guess if it is related to the G20 summit.

I do not see how this can not be related, but I guess he could just run a lawn service?

Can't they tell that this guy is merely going to cut down some trees....the crossbow is to kill his lunch.

explosive ridden car?
Mine is explosive ridden too....it's called a gas tank....and right now it's full

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
explosive ridden car?
Mine is explosive ridden too....it's called a gas tank....and right now it's full

Hey I was just relaying what fox told me! I guess they always hope for the worst first because it sure sounded bad when they were just reporting as having heard that a man was arrested...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hate that fox news site...it always screws up my computer and I can never really see anything from those links so I am not able to see the article.
It does look pretty stupid tho...hes a worker.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Oh great, I wonder what kind of websites they're going to associate with this nut job, and how it'll affect all the recent talk about internet control/censorship - false flag or not...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The car contained sticks, an axe handle and gasoline I guess.
The story was updated later I noticed to include more items.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by bonkera]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
2 arrests in 2 days over possible G20 threats. Nice find.

Here is my post from yesterday about the first arrest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus

Sounds like a trip to the cottage to me..... not really G20 worthy.

edit to add: I guess they need to justify all the expense that has been wasted some how, right?

[edit on 6/24/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So we can all be arrested for having explosive gasoline. Maybe they just didn't like his attitude. Does Canada have a law against having a bad attitude?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
So we can all be arrested for having explosive gasoline. Maybe they just didn't like his attitude. Does Canada have a law against having a bad attitude?

Only Quebecites have that law..... that and no speaking english to english speaking visitors. Ask directions, get a por quoi? (sp?). As soon as you leave, they are like "nice one George, heh heh."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I'm from New Brunswick. Maybe I can become an arms dealer, we have plenty of sticks and trees down here. organically grown weapons. Think about it.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Perhaps he's friends with this other guy that bought 65 bags of fertilizer

Never heard if they caught him or not, the media kind of let that drop. There will be HEAVY security for the summits, at this point, I don't think those nutcases will get through the lines of said security, no matter what they carry.

Still, pro summit or no is a point of view and it's a shame that those extremists are closing in.

Good post

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
Only Quebecites have that law..... that and no speaking english to english speaking visitors. Ask directions, get a por quoi? (sp?). As soon as you leave, they are like "nice one George, heh heh."

Ahhhh.....thanks for the memories... and how true...

If I was stopped I can imagine how it would play in the news as my car always has a large axe, bow saw, large can of bear spray, Kabar knife etc...

Somehow they can make a lot of innocent items sound like you are a terrorist in a very short period of time..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As Monty Python would say " He's a lumberjack and he's OK."http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL7n5mEmXJo

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
[edit on 24-6-2010 by pigwithoutawig]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

WOW

That is really related to this thread !

Are you from Montreal? Cause I am, and a french Canadian. And we care about the people from Toronto. The security there for this occasion MUST be on a high level, so that nutjobs don't get through.

Have a good day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join