It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake forecasting research discontinued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

As of June 24th 2010 the Cosabio Virtual Institute is discontinuing research on applying Astrotometry to the field of earthquake forecasting. The reasons for this decision are as follows:

1. Concerns about the integrity and validity of the required data sources.

2. Compromised trust due to systemic government and corporate corruption.

3. Espionage, threats and abuse perpetrated by media, intelligence agencies and academic institutions.

I would like to thank everyone who has given support, encouragement, and intellectual consideration to this research. It is my hope that this research will continue at some future time and enable millions of lives to be saved.

source

I watched this guy for few months and he was right so many times! What is going on here?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by martinkb]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
He was very accurate in his predictions... and it will rewrite physics. That's what's going on. SHUT HIM DOWN BEFORE THE MASSES CATCH ON!~

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have no idea I don't know anything about the subject.

But reading the comments on your link, seems like a lot of earthquake "predicters" are being "silenced". That itself is worthy of some deeper digging.

EDIT:

After I wrote this it made me think of 2012 (I know..facepalm) but not the year as much as the movie. As I watched 2012 I asked myself "I wonder what ATS would look like in that world".

I mean what types of theories could have been presented in the world of 2012? From watching the movie, and seeing the murders of anyone who tried to warn the public of their plans it would seem like small things like this could go on.

Independant people researching natural phenomena that was becoming more "unnatural", alerting people to possible dangers....

[edit on 6/24/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does anyone understand how to apply this "hyper-time foreshadow" method he comes up with ??

I know in the past the concept of syzygy or "super moons" have been used to model earthquakes.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The real reason?
Perhaps theres a massive quake forecast, that they dont want the masses to know about?
Just a thought

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just had the chance to watch one of his other videos.

I don't know the nuts and bolts of it, and it seems like he is still trying to wrap his head around it all, but it seems like he is using solar activity to predict the earthquakes. In the video I watch he uses a sunspot to pretty accurately predict an earthquake in Sumatra in the next week, which in turn does happen.

I'll have to watch the video a few more times to begin to understand what he's talking about. But I do find it pretty interesting and it coincidentally happens at a time when I'm trying to learn more about the Sun.

Absence of sunspots make scientists wonder if they're seeing a calm before a storm of energy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think if you combine his sunspot theory with syzygy you might really be on to something.

A lot of 5.0+ quakes have been predicted (80% accuracy) with syzygy.

www.syzygyjob.com...

PREDICTIONS FOR THE JUNE WINDOW

As previously mentioned, the Seismic Window of June 12-19, 2010 will include the new Moon syzygy of June 12th. Perigee will follow in three days and the combination will produce 8.1-ft. tides at the Golden Gate every day from June 13 to 15, the greatest tidal ranges in three months. With 80% confidence, expect the following quakes:

(1) 3.5-6.5M within 2-degrees of Mt. Diablo (Lat 37.9N; Lon. 121.9W)

(2) 3.5-6.5M within 2-degrees of Los Angeles (34.0N; 118.0W)

(3) 3.5-6.5M with an epicentral address of Washington or Oregon.

(4) 7.0+M major quake globally, most likely in the Pacific Ring of Fire.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It is rather odd list of reasons why the research is being discontinued.

I guess it is safe to say we should be expecting quite a few earthquakes all over the globe in the coming years?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Please see

dcsymbols.com...
Facing the Future

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
John at Astrotometry was only right if you put a spin on everything that he said. He never predicted a quake in haiti or Chile. People read what he said, and interpreted the facts about a quake happening as if he had predicted them there. Go and re-wathc the vids.

Also, once you understand what Jim Berkland has to say, you will realize that he can only talk about four times a year when the tides peak. All you need then is a perigee-syzgy calculator:
www.fourmilab.ch...

Then, if you look at when tides peak and when quakes happen, you will see that they are more likely to happen before the tides peak. The Haiti quake happened two weeks before a tidal peak, the day after the sun conjoined Venus.

See these vids:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Several quakes happened before the tidal peak. The recent Haiti quake has occurred 18 days before the next tidal peak. The quake and tsunami in 2004 happened before a peak, as did the May 2008 China quake.

bigbytes

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
"Perigee will follow in three days and the combination will produce 8.1-ft. tides at the Golden Gate every day from June 13 to 15, the greatest tidal ranges in three months."

You will want to take what Berkland says with a grain of salt. Look at a perigee calculator www.fourmilab.ch... and notice where the tides peak Aug 10 and Sept 8th.

Aug 10 17:57 357857 km N+ 14h
Sep 8 4:02 357191 km N- 6h

The tides in June were NOT greater than they will be in August and September, and you can expect huricanes to happen near those two dates.

dcsymbols.com... the Future

new topics

top topics

join