It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama About to Announce Illegal Alien Amnesty Exec Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/news/84/223/Senators_Fear_President_Will_Grant_Amnesty_by_Executive_Order....html

Several Senators have expressed fears that President Obama is about to sign an executive order declaring amnesty for ALL illegal aliens inside the USA - about 11.2 million at the current count.

He will apparently do this through use of an Executive Order if the bill fails in the House and Senate.

With over 70% of Americans supporting a crackdown on illegal immigrants, I would think if he does this he will secure his "one term" Presidency.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I would think if he does this he will secure his "one term" Presidency.

Or... It may get him 11.2 Million new votes. This is what this issue has become about. It is similar to the move to get Puerto Rico as the 51st state so that they can capture that many more votes also. The rule of law is no longer valid if it means that you can retain / capture power. I can only hope that the people who went through the immigration process legally speak up about this. If they do, Im sure that we will never hear about it.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by axiomuser]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Or... It may get him 11.2 Million new votes.

Nah...you can't count on people voting that are new to the process...maybe their children...but wouldn't be able to count on those made citizens by amnesty.

Don't get me wrong...this will get him votes...and it is pretty genius...but not the "amnestied" vote...I'll give you a hint...this won't happen before the 2012 election...or at least very close to it during the campaign.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So...what happens if he does?

I want to see the business case as far as economic impact, with the assumptions, risks, pros and cons, costs and benefits, and a complete economic analysis, including healthcare, the tax impact, and so on and so forth.

Gain 11 million, lose 140 million give or take all numbers based on 2000 US Census Data...nice trade off.

I'd much rather see this put to a public referendum. It would be nice to have democracy here like they do in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by axiomuser
It may get him 11.2 Million new votes.

And that's what its all about, my friend. The politicians and both sides read the exit polls. They all know that on a national basis, about two thirds of Hispanic citizens will generally vote for a Democrat.

The Democratic party and the Obama administration are banking on the idea that the illegals, who are overwhelmingly Hispanic, will vote the same way as the legal Hispanic residents. If they do, they've just bought themselves a significant advantage in many districts and a net 4 million vote gain in presidential elections.

Its not really about illegal immigration. It is, as you say, a power grab, disguised as a benign 'humanitarian' issue.

Personally, I think that if they go through with this, it would backfire and he'd lose millions more votes than he stands to gain, but that remains to be seen.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
With over 70% of Americans supporting a crackdown on illegal immigrants, I would think if he does this he will secure his "one term" Presidency.

It'll be the end of his Presidency. He'll be impeached for it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I'd much rather see this put to a public referendum. It would be nice to have democracy here like they do in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We don't have a democracy...never have...the founding fathers were very very clear to not make it a democracy.

Majority rule is not what America is about.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Theorist
It'll be the end of his Presidency. He'll be impeached for it.

Who is going to impeach him? The Senate...controlled by his own party? They stand to gain from it as much as anyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Wow! I NEVER thought I would see those words typed out by you. This casts a whole new perspective on you, one that I'm glad to have noticed.

On Topic:

If Obama gives amnesty to illegals should I then just burn my green card and all the effort I put into getting things done legally? This is the real crux of the issue for me. I don't want to be a chump over political expediency.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
I want to see the business case as far as economic impact, with the assumptions, risks, pros and cons, costs and benefits, and a complete economic analysis, including healthcare, the tax impact, and so on and so forth.

I agree. I have plenty of opportunities to hear people's feelings on the matter, but I care more about what the actual impact would be.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So in other words, he is eliminating the mexican border then? globalization and new world order in this manner? their would be NO boarder between texas, arizona, new mexico everyone would come flooding in then causing more americans to loose thier jobs! is obama effin nuts or something!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

All of my "legal" friends feel exactly the same way as you!

What is the point of jumping through all those hoops and doing things correctly, if someone comes along and bails out all the criminals and failures in the long run anyway?

All my small business friends feel the same way about the bailout and "too big to fail" shenanigans! Why operate under a good business plan and control debt and provide good service, when you could beg, borrow, steal, and lie until you are too big to fail and then let the government clean up your mess?
As far as the "impeachment" comment. It won't happen, because Reagan gave amnesty as well! Amnesty isn't such a bad idea if it has a purpose and a structure, and an expiration date, and a solution to the porous border attached to it. Reagan's plan had some of that, but it was never followed through, and now Obama will likely do the amnesty thing, and probably won't need to follow through due to the NAU making it irrelavent, LOL!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is good move you to help with the immigration problem. Not the best one but it's a step in the right direction.

Everyone wants to send illegal immigrants back home. But lets face facts, deportation doesn't work. If it did work we wouldn't have an immigration problem.

There isn't enough money or manpower to send all those people home. And if Arizona thinks that enforceing federal law is going to help with anything when the feds don't have the manpower to handle the load themselves. Well their in lala land.

Murtaugh: Whatever happened to "Give me your tired, your poor, your wretched masses yearning to be free"?
INS officer: Now it reads "No Vacancies."
Murtaugh (contemptuous): I guess your parents were Native Americans.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
So...what happens if he does?

The Arizona law can serve as a good litmus test that will answer your questions.
I say quit with the boycotts and let Arizona do its thing while we all watch wait and see what happens.

If Arizona begins to suffer as a result of their new law, then we'll know illegals play a major economic role.

But if Arizona begins to prosper,.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know alot of people want to compare this to Puerto Rico but it's different. One, residents of US territories are native born American citizens by birth - they just don't pay federal taxes and they can't vote in presidential elections unless they move to an actual state in which case they (obviously) pay federal taxes and vote in presidential elections. They do however vote for a US Congressional Representative - 1 per territory. And two, Puerto Rico (and Guam, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands, and the Northern Mariana Islands) are integral parts of the United States.

Also, most people are not aware of this but most Puerto Ricans (about half of them anyhow) are registered Republicans. Guam and Puerto Rico both have Republican governors. Puerto Rico's US congressional representative is also a Republican.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This is a democratic republic.

And besides that, I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Well more states, probably the vast majority of them, are going to pass similar laws. That's my prediction.

I think this amnesty talk is because they know that's coming.

Power to the states!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is a Constitutional Republic actually.

The only place where democracy is used is in the election of representatives, and the president(Though it wasn't always so). All other democratic practices are left to the states. Personally if the authority cannot be found in State and Federal Constitutions it should be left to the people, as per the 9th and 10th amendments. Provided the ordinance being voted on does not violate a Constitutional provision.

If we had a Democratic Republic all manner of rights would have been voted away long ago. Not even the people can vote away rights in a Constitutional Republic.

However this problem is a Federal issue and it isn't up for a vote. The black letter of the law, being as it is, the president would not have the authority to use an EO to provide amnesty. They would have to change the Federal law. My guess is that is what will happen, probably before the elections.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's officially hit the Mainstream Media folks (as usual, at least 24 hours after other news sites).

www.foxnews.com...

FOX is finally reporting that there have been high level meetings to find out if the Department of Homeland Security can legally grant amnesty "without having to go through any Congressional debate" (yeah, because that Congressional Debating stuff is SUCH a hassle) in case the "immigration reform bill" fails, which means that the bill will probably include amnesty for all current illegals.

And you thought the Bush administration was bad - at least they coerced Congress into passing laws - they didn't try and circumvent it all together, at least not on the really big stuff.

If I was the holder of a Green Card and this goes through, I'll be suing the Government for any expenses incurred in gaining that Green Card.

It's a major step towards unification of the USA and Mexico folks, and a huge step towards removing international borders.

Pushing a bill through without Congressional debate is the definition of Tyranny, and the Constitution DEMANDS that the people rise up against the Government if they have been deemed to become tyrannical.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by babybunnies]

new topics

top topics

join