It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory on God and Religion, Whats Your Thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OK, here is what i think....

The existence of a GOD or GODS is irrelevant to human existence, nor does it matter how we were created, all that matters is that you are here and what you do with your time being mortal/ physical.

To further support this,

In order for God to be God god must be able to be all things, and god must be able to take whichever form it chooses, and be able to fit what each individual person believes whether it be Yahweh, Allah, Father Son and Spirit, The Goddess and Horned God etc, etc, etc.... So your prayers would be better off going to angels and such

Also, for God to be God it must be completely neutral... and thus all beings created by God starting out as neutral, then being given free will, deciding for themselves to do destructive (Bad/Evil) acts, or beneficial (Good) acts.

Further on if you believe god created all spiritual beings, then it would have been they themselves who decided to be good or evil, just as all other living beings do, so in the "Apocalypse" it will not be God and angels vs Devil and demons with human picking which side to be on. Rather it would be Angels (Likely led by Michael and the other Arch Angels) vs Demons (Likely led by Lucifer and other entities that follow him) with humans picking to live in a world of destructive force or beneficial....

And the last piece of knowledge i can share now is that it does not matter which religion or book you follow at all. Bc/ if you do believe in a "GOOD GOD" you could easily see that all gods are the same wanting only for their peoples to be happy and safe. And also the same being....

EX: Christianity, Jews, and Islams all believe in the same god (as pointed out by OP) they are all based upon the Old Testament... So god the father, yahweh, and allah are all the same being... So contemplate this old piece of wisdom, "ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME", easily becomes, ALL PATHS LEAD TO GOD.

Regardless of how you get there all paths lead to the same entity, so stop fighting over it!!!

Dont want any comments from xtians saying no bc/ you completely screwed yourself with the trinity god thing... bc since its 3 persons acting as one if they worship one aspect they involuntarily worship all 3... Cool isnt it

P.S.

I believe Jesus to have been the smartest MAN to ever live. (Believing in Alchemy and that humans were once able to perform feats of "magic") Jesus made use of these talents, realizing that humans needed to be united in order to survive, and claimed himself to be the son of God. (Giving people a tangible being to see as GOD, and performing "miracles") What you all need to realize is that we are all the sons and daughters of god.... If it is so that god created all life, good, neutral, or bad, and god being good, neutral, or bad... Part of god was/is transferred into everything so technically you are part god, and part his sons and daughters, so anyone can easily say that they are the son of god or God himself/herself....

Sorry its so long and feel free to message me

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Interesting theory although not uncommon. It looks as if you assume there is a god, assume there are "spiritual beings", assume that life was created, then make up a bunch of stuff that accommodates these presumptions in a way that makes you satisfied. Just like every other religion on the planet.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Interesting theory although not uncommon. It looks as if you assume there is a god, assume there are "spiritual beings", assume that life was created, then make up a bunch of stuff that accommodates these presumptions in a way that makes you satisfied. Just like every other religion on the planet.

So true!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
OP,
Meditate and find out yourself what the truth is through direct experience.

Everything else is speculation.

Check out Advaita Vedanta, nonduality, Union w/God, etc

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I dont believe anything, but I have some theories, some I've thought of myself and others based on things ive read elsewhere and make sense to me.

I think there is something else beyond the universe, whether it is a god, or we are just part of another being like in the opening of one of the Simpsons episodes where a universe was part of homer;s brain, we will probably never know just like computer game characters will never know what is outside of their universe.

We could very well be in a computer simulation of some sorts, I consider the electric universe theory to be possible, and that would make it even more likely. Maybe its a huge game, where we plug in as different life forms each life cycle and go for the experiences which are impossible in a non-physical reality. This would be cool if it were real.

Its more likely that we are just here, and this is all there is, because reality has shown that its harsh and unfair. We are born into a messed up world, one where we are purposely held back from discovering our true selves and attaining our full potential as a species, then die. Whether there is a god or not seems to make no odds cos he clearly doesnt care enough to stop the evils being committed in his name.

Religion originally comes from astrology, from ancient stories. Our early ancestors told stories based on the movement of stars and planets etc. Then some point down the line, some bright spark came up with the idea of using those stories as a means of controlling people in order to execute his will. Maybe it was someone using technology left over from a previous civilisation or he was a genius and discovered it himself, or had help from other sources, but the gods all have human traits.

Religion is the real global epidemic, its the mental illness that keeps us enslaved and in a permanent state of self-destruction. We have gone as far as to destroy large parts of the planet now. How much longer can we as a species, and even most other species we share our planet with, last under these conditions?

Religion isnt alone in its evils, there is corruption in every facet of civilisation, most people cannot be trusted any more. There are still people with integrity left, but being led down the wrong path by religion, corporations, governments (same thing as the previous 2 really), or whatever. Mostly intertwined with religion! So many people enslaved into rotten systems which only exist to benefit a few.

I feel like hope is running out for us. Its only a matter of time before we make an even bigger blunder than the gulf, and this one will land us in even more serious #, because they would rather save a few dollars than learn from their mistakes.

I guess im stuck at this stage in my life for now. I'm probably missing parts of the puzzle, and hopefully, I will find them and come to a better understanding because the one I have right now is one I hate.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I actually took Philosophy as my major during College until I shifted due to the fear that I might end up as a teacher. No offense to teachers but teaching isn't really up my alley.

What you wrote reminded me of how my teachers explain the subject.

I was an atheist in college but had changed my feathers when I ventured out in the working world. From what I had read in the Bible during my free time, what humans need is to be good on practically every facet of our being. For example, you want to steal. The very thought of stealing is a sin unto itself. Same goes with lust, killing, etc. etc.

Basically we have to be saintly to the tops of our scalp down to the very fiber of our being.

My best bet with all this Religion-thing is that it started out as a means to straighten out the crooked folks in society. Which is around 99.99% of us. Yes. We have all done wrong, even if it's just in our minds, it is still considered a sin.

After Religion found a way to make some cash. The people in power has abused it until Religion is another means to power. Oh boy. People love their money and power.

Personally, if everyone doesn't do, act, speak, think, etc. everything that is wrong (kill, steal, covet, etc. etc.), our society wouldn't be like this with all the mistrust, hatred, and whatnot.

The sad part in all of this is that nice guys finish last. Yes. It hurts but it's true. Way too true. So that makes society and/or nature the purveyor of a survival of the fittest in all means necessary. Ouch. Maybe this is the reason I changed my Major.

I personally would have liked it if the Bible or whatever holy scriptures,or instruction manual you may hold to only have the commands for a person's well-being instead of the un-user friendliness of the book. And maybe, place the punishment as well since we all know that people wouldn't follow anything unless there's punishment for disobeying.

Then again, there's this odd little thing called free-will, that God supposedly has squeezed right in just to debunk things. Sheesh. Give me a break, Father!

Just my rambling. Sorry for the grammatical errors. I'm extremely sleepy but I feel a bit chatty, in a typing sort of way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Thanks for all your input so far,

I just wanna add that i am in no way religious as i stated the existence of god is irrelevant to my life, although i do believe in some kind of astral/ spiritual world... i dont know about anyone else but i do believe in a soul regardless of where it goes after the physical body dies...

My only want is to find a happy median between all religions... I am so tired of all of it, and there has got to be a solution to stop all the whining and killing over who is right and who is wrong...

What i am doing with my post is not me assuming these things exist or not, i am merely taking what i hear, theorize, and read and am trying to put all of it together as to bring people together...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

I am not trying to satisfy my own religion, i am just trying to satisfy everyone else...

I personally dont care about which is right and wrong,

But what i do care about and detest is inefficiency... These religious debates and wars neeeeeed to have an end and that is what im working on.... i know i am most likely going to fail, but i still feel i have to try...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudew

I am not trying to satisfy my own religion, i am just trying to satisfy everyone else...

But what i do care about and detest is inefficiency... These religious debates and wars neeeeeed to have an end and that is what im working on.... i know i am most likely going to fail, but i still feel i have to try...

Claiming that all gods are the same is going to arouse consternation from the devout. The only way to stop the religious warfare is to abandon religion. For someone that is "in no way religious" you seem to have a great deal of religious-based sentiments and presumptions.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by voudew
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

You seem like a nice kid. Here's the secret. It's not complicated, and it's not hard.

All you need to do is give a damn about others, and let your concern be your guide. You're creating the eternal you with every thought that emerges from your mind. Try to be conscious of that fact as you move through life, and while you'll never be perfect, or even up to any true standard of righteousness (especially if you believe you are) the contextual balance of decency, honor and positive expression will overwhelm the negative within the gathered whole of what you've made of yourself, and you'll be just fine from then on.

You're in gestation right now. Just make sure your soul gets enough vitamins and minerals, and lay off the toxins. What you're building is going to be you forever. Try to be the best expression of yourself that you can be and you'll be grateful for the effort you made.

new topics

top topics

join