It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiker moms: Shocked by report on children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Hiker moms: Shocked by report on children

news.yahoo.com

MINNEAPOLIS – The mothers of three American hikers held in Iran on suspicion of espionage said Thursday they hope a report that their children were arrested on the Iraqi side of the border will help lead to their release.

Shane Bauer, Sarah Shourd and Josh Fattal were arrested July 31 during what their families have said was a simple hiking trip along the Iraq-Iran border. They have said if the hikers crossed into Iran it was an accident.

The Nation reported Thursday that two witnesses from a Kurdish village near the border say the Americans were on Iraqi territory when they were arres
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sounds like BS to me. I'm thinking the CIA wants to find a way get their people released before they spill any more info on CIA operations in Iran. Course even if they were on the Iraqi side of the border if it was true wouldn't matter because the U.S. can't do anything about it. The Iranians would never dare cross into Iraqi border because that would give the Americans a good reason to attack them even invade them. The Iranians are not that stupid. They would never dance to America's tune.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If not released then it's a nice way to say "see, Iran is even more evil than we thought going around kidnapping our people and lying to justify it!!"

War, war , war , war, war, war.....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What I find extremely amusing is - Mums and children! I would love to know how old these 'children' are

The US has already said it has operatives inside Iran - this sounds like a pure propaganda piece to me.

EDIT: ROFL - read the article, they are 27, 28 and 31 - how to appeal to emotions - oh no! They are just children who need their mommy!

What a load of bullcrap - we can be almost certain these are US agents - freelance journalism is a common cover for agents to use, they can use it as an excuse to be nosing around and asking questions.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Amagnon]

new topics

top topics

join