It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT-Louisiana Woman Tells it like it is

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Oh boy... This doesn't look good....

link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Someone used the phrase they have 'murdered the gulf'...probably the most chilling phrase I've read in a long time because it happens to be true. This is an apocalyptic vision come true.

I've wondered why Obama and the current anti-business admin truly seems to be giving BP a pass. A recent article seems to tell us why...they were pushing BP to cut corners in order to save time 'in case' (ha, ha) of an attack on Iran...which seems to be happening.

Per the article:

WMR learned that BP was able to have several safety checks waved because of the high-level interest by the White House and Pentagon in tapping the Gulf of Mexico bonanza find in order to plan a military attack on Iran without having to be concerned about an oil and natural gas shortage from the Persian Gulf after an outbreak of hostilities with Iran.

oilprice.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Thankyou for finding that!! Its really appreaciated. How, can it be that this video can just be pulled?? I searched the 60mins site, there seems to be no video (whereas all the other stories have videos). Its not even mentioned that there is a video! Even a blog from the interviewer does not mention it being pulled.
How dare they flex their influence over reports, it is just so unfair and unjust
Why doesn't someone at 60mins grow a pair

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

KINDRA ARNESEN: It is a way of life that has been ruined. They've killed a food source. The Gulf produces the best-tasting seafood you'll ever eat.

MICHAEL USHER: Used to.

KINDRA ARNESEN: Yeah, used to, you hit the nail on the head - once upon a time. I guess that'll be something in history.

I got the chills and a tear came to my eye when I read this. I hope it's not true.

link   
When the lady says it's going to get around into the world's oceans, she knows what she is talking about. Check this out!

Traces of oil within a few miles of Jacksonville Fl

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whatsup]

link   
IMO, BP is 100% responsible for CAUSING this accident, but the Federal Government is 100% responsible for the clean-up.

On Day One of this accident, the US Navy should have been deployed with their own submersibles to see the extent of damage. On the same day, every spy satellite that we own should have been pointed at the Gulf to see what is going on. Every ounce of boom in the US should have been headed to the Gulf. The Engineer Corp should have been deployed to start building berms. The list of could have's go on and on.

Over 60 days later, and there is still debate about the nature and extent of the underwater oil plumes!!!!

I don't talk about this much even with my own family and friends, but I lost a very good friend of mine and fellow Army veteran during Hurricane Katrina. We served together at Ft. Polk, LA. After we did our service, he moved down to New Orleans, and I came back here to the MidWest. I was so upset over the FED's lack of response during that disaster. I was mad at Bush. My friend drowned.

BUT, this lack of response and cover up by both the FED and BP is the most disgusting act in modern history and makes me want to puke. The MSM got very mad at the BP CEO for sailing the other day, while on the same day Obama was playing gulf. COME ON PEOPLE!

I'm going to stop ranting before I actually get really worked up here. But I do just want to say that the lady in that video is an awesome American.

I salute you Mam, and I thank you for your service to our country!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The most disturbing thing about this video to me is, the vast majority of people not currently affected by this will either:

A. Never see it.
B. Think this woman is just some loudmouth over-reacting nut.

This video should be on every news channel, all day long, for as long as this eruption continues. How irrelevant the media has become.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

BP had enough profits for the quarter that they were distributing $20B to the investors. Obama is holding $ 10B of that money. So your statement doesn't make any sense.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by charlie0]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NumberNone

So this article you posted is outright suggesting that BP was PERMITTED to cut corners in order to find a vast oil supply so that WHEN (not if) we attack Iran we don't have to worry about them cutting off our oil supply???!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

I'm sending it to my local news stations. We'll see what happens.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie0
reply to post by spy66

It was mentioned that BP might have to sell all their Riggs, permits and contracts, just to be able to gather the 7 billion dollar found set up for this oil spill. What this indicate is that BP don't have the resources to clean up this mess.

BP had enough profits for the quarter that they were distributing $20B to the investors. Obama is holding $10B of of that money. So your statement does'nt make any sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
Sobering. Well worth the full 15 mins viewing time. Brave, smart woman! Incredible what is actually going on near the Gulf.

Used far too many emotive techniques for me. She may have very valid points, but stop the histrionics...

And at any rate, she said at any rate far too much.

I don't disagree with her, but to get everyone on board, she needed to be less into hyping the audience and just providing facts.

Facts you cannot argue. Emotion, you can always argue. Not everyone watching was "I hate BP, Lets hear the truth!!" some may be "WTH is this about.. oh a hippie rambling, I don't care..." you know..

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
IMO, BP is 100% responsible for CAUSING this accident, but the Federal Government is 100% responsible for the clean-up.

Sorry,but your opinion does not count. According to an earlier transcript I found on NPR, BP claims to "own" the oil. What we are dealing with is legalese.

If Bp can claim "ownership" of the oil (which they have) then they have the power to tie everyone's hands. And apparently the fine print of contracts gives them that power.

As an example, if you have ever been a renter and made an "improvement" on your apartment, legally, anything you attach to the building becomes the landlord's property.

Since BP legally owns the oil, anything it becomes attached to belongs to them. BP owns the oceans and the dead wildlife.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The most unbelievable part of this to me is the corporate shills like Joe Barton claiming Congress is "bullying" big business. A multinational corporation dumbs millions of gallons of oil into our ocean, destroys the environment, ruins the lives of millions of people - and members of Congress apologize. This is the extent to which Corporate America has taken power.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
WHY ARE THEY HIDING EVERYTHING?

BECAUSE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THINGS THAT AREN'T THERE.

The govt of the USA is also hiding the secret faery farms... Why else aren't we hearing about them?

Fugosake...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can understand why we need whisleblowers !!...Im damn sure that if there was a person who worked at bp that new about cutting corners for profit and putting peoples lifes at risk injury and potentially ruining the enviroment.

The Gulf oil Disaster would more than likely never happen (yes accidents do happen but less frequently)

To expose the costy up relationships between Elected Politions, Goverment agencies, Corporations and Lobbyists is by its very nature a disaster waiting to happen

After all if you or I whether working in a diner or any other job you or I cut corners to make more profits and caused a disaster we would be facing some form of punishment according to the law

So our society needs transparancy and accountablity from the top to the bottom

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Relaxfreedom]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderbird1

Yeah - I want to take action but what do we do? As long as the oil pours from the well - cleaning the beach is a fruitless endeavor.

This is very depressing - we see the world falling apart around us. Bees dying, bats and now the worlds snake population is dying off at a very rapid, unexplainable rate.

A potential war with Iran could happen at any minute.

All this makes me feel very claustrophobic. I cant change this, I cant stop what's happening. My wife and I had our first child last Valentines day - born on Valentines day, how cool is that. But I'm scared ... I'm worried that she wont have the same freedoms that I did as she grows up and the world is going to be a much different place.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie0

Well it all depends on what that money is tied up in. There are a lot of different investors in BPs oil wells. And it was in the news that's all i know. I am not a banker for BP.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderbird1

Woa! God bless you for getting this out to us. Gotta spread the word for folks to watch this before the vid suddenly goes awol. If they took off the Australian 60mins doc as Kindra says then they'll be lookin to find anything like it and press 'delete'. It's worse than I thought and I've got a good imagination! The people need to act and act FAST. Praying for a mirale seems like a good idea at this point. What have we got to lose?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So, evacuation talk is rearing its ugly head now.

Does A.C. Griffith come to anyone's mind now? He has been talking about this very scenario for a couple of weeks now. Here is a link to one of his interviews and it's down right chilling to listen to but I think everyone here deserves to know: www.youtube.com...

Looks like they're preparing us for the worst case scenario now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join