It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT-Louisiana Woman Tells it like it is

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
None of this surprises me. Big corps are always about the money, its what comes naturally to them.
I'm Australian, but I moved to, lived and got married in Colfax Louisianna. I was only there 1/2 a year but I still feel a strong connection. What I see going on over there is depressing me every day.
Good on this woman for speaking out, I hope many see it.

Does anyone have links to the Australian 60 Minutes piece she talked about which had been pulled?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I dont find this womans testimony questionable at all.

I have been part of many organizations as a hired gun, with very little "clearance" and found myself in many closed door sessions simply based on my usefulness.

as for what we can individually DO....

well thats another matter.

First thing i DO is forgive and have compassion for all the misguided fools exacerbating the situation and visualize their return to humanity and seeing them empowered to make the right decisions in order to DO the right thing, saving people, animals, environment, etc.

Second, i realize my complicity in this tragedy, and have compassion for my self. I have purchased petrol and run my life using this inefficient "fuel."

Third, I have sold my gas cars and switched over to Veggie Grease that i can grow.

Fourth, I have sold my home and took the hit and am currently moving my family to safety.

Fifth, I am educating everyone i come across about the reality of the situation to the best of my ability.

this is the best that i can do right NOW.

will people revolt and hang all the poor misguided fools? maybe.
should they? maybe.

who am i to say?

the number one thing i do is remove fear from my heart and actively give thanks for the world i know is coming and i acknowledge its presence everytime i see glimpses of it in peoples eyes and situations.

truly the best way to mitigate the coming storm is to humbly be in a state of gratitude for the tremendous gift that is your ife and experience.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Does anyone have links to the Australian 60 Minutes piece she talked about which had been pulled?

I found the transcript. It appears that the video has been pulled.

Here's the beginning of the transcript.

MICHAEL USHER: We're heading where very few people have been allowed. To the epicentre of one of the worst man-made environmental disasters in history. The US Coast Guard has given us exclusive access. Only emergency crews have been this deep inside the oil spill exclusion zone, more than 100 kilometres off Louisiana in the Gulf of Mexico. It is incredible to be in this place right now. This is the actual source of the oil spill the beginning of the catastrophe. There are rigs right now are working furiously to drill deep and intercept that ruptured pipeline. It is incredible, it is overwhelming in scale. You can smell the oil, it's so strong, and it stings your eyes. And when you look down, you can see the red, rusty, oil globs sitting on the surface and a sheen that stretches, as far as the eye can see. Out here, the sheer scale of the catastrophe is overwhelming. We followed rivers of oil back towards the coastline, some were 30 kilometres long, moving with the fast-flowing Gulf currents. Some experts say 16 million litres of oil is billowing into the sea each day. When you get down onto the surface, and you get up close to this oil slick, you see just what a crisis it is. Let me take a sample and try and show you. That is pure, crude oil, it's toxic sludge, and it has the consistency of thick,melted tar. It would seem that it's almost impossible to clean this stuff up from the shorelines. On shore, it has been a slow-motion disaster, and only this past week have the first waves of oil hit the mainland, with all their terrible consequences. Sea life has been devastated, birds and fish lay dying over a wide area.

KINDRA ARNESEN: Can they fix it? Maybe in 30 years - good luck. They have murdered the Gulf.

MICHAEL USHER: Kindra Arnesen is one of thousands of locals whose lives face ruin. Why don't you show me on board? Her family has fished these waters for two decades, now, their shrimping boat lies idle. More than 22,000 square kilometres of America's most fertile fishing grounds have been closed. It's a way of life that's been ruined.

KINDRA ARNESEN: It is a way of life that has been ruined. They've killed a food source. The Gulf produces the best-tasting seafood you'll ever eat.

MICHAEL USHER: Used to.

KINDRA ARNESEN: Yeah, used to, you hit the nail on the head - once upon a time. I guess that'll be something in history.

sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The reason she got a "backstage pass" was because she was being a pain in their backside and they figured it was easier to just let her in.

This disaster perfectly shows what's gone wrong with the world, and with the US in particular. People are brain-dead. If it's not on the evening news, if it doesn't interfere with their cozy lives, they just don't care. Trust me, I know plenty of people (many if them in my own family) who are smart and like to think of themselves as "hippies" and yet this whole disaster is pretty much passing them by. They just think this is a regular spill, the type that happens every few years, and that it will all go away soon.

I'm on a neighborhood mailing list and the most mundane things will be discussed at length - one woman sent out an e-mail about this disaster and asking what we could do to help.....she got zero replies.....and I mean ZERO. As long as the oil doesn't make its way to this neighborhood why should we care, right?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
10:58

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Though I don't doubt what she is saying...that said:

Why would she be given "security clearance", then exposed to the "real truth" about what is happening by this company? For a company not telling too much, they go and tell the loudest person they can find?

Wouldn't she have experienced the "balloon and pony" tour too? Especially since she stands out as having a "lot to say". haha..

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. That aspect anyways.

But again, I don't doubt what she says isn't true to an extent.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ah ha, i knew i recognized her! From the interview that was floating around a couple of weeks ago. She is great, seriously, she should be president.

What an absolute circus this whole situation is. And about time someone called it like it is, she basically says BP and all these agencies are in cahoots. Really? I would have never guessed

What we have here, is not just the tragedy of the oil spill. Just as tragic, is the information blackouts, the corruption, misleading, mishandling, the soothsaying, and not just by BP. Obama says the gulf will be better then before. Sunshine and lollipops for everyone!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
10:58

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Found the FOX video of the fish gasping for air. They are interviewing Kindra's husband.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am sure we must have some legal experts here.

Can Louisiana do what the state of Arizona did and evoke the 10th amendment and get a law passed to remove BP from our beach?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

CX

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Thanks for that info.

Well if BP brought her into the loop as you say to make it look like she was onside, then they go and give out information which is so damning, then they are more stupid than i thought.

CX.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by spy66

Are you sticking up for BP in some way here? I don't care if they dont have the money and have to sell EVERYTHING, this whole disaster was their fault and negligence. It was all because they wanted to save a buck and get that oil to get MORE money...

No, you are wrong. Completely wrong. It is NOT all BP's fault. You guys forget again and again that BP (or any other mining/refining outfit) isn't allowed to sneeze without the nod from MMS, Dept. of the Interior, the Dept. of Energy, OSHA and probably 10 other subdivisions of the Federal Government.

The United States Federal Government is at least 50% liable for this Gulf mess. They are absolutely complicit in the events that led to the disaster, and either knew or should have known that something tragic was going to happen.

No one party will be able to abrogate responsibility for the spill. In particular, the Feds have related to individuals and corporations like nannies lording over toddlers for the past 60 years. Now, the toddler has made a great big mess, and you guys are trying to blame the 'kid' while excusing the 'adult' for, at best, misfeasance and, at worst, complicity in the disastrous act. It doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

The U.S. Federal Government has failed, and failed BIG. All the laws they have passed, all the taxpayer money that they have spent, all the 'expert' opinions, all the posturing by overpaid clowns in congress and in the EPA has resulted in possibly the worst man-made environmental disaster in U.S. history.

BP needs a spanking for what happened. But the people who we paid to oversee in our interests need to be fired.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
yes, each state can invoke the 9&10th and convene grand juries as well as subpoena those BP "officials" and use the the initial coast guard testimony to prove criminal negligence on the part of BP for ordering perfectly intelligent engineers to pour WATER down the well to plug it instead of mud, and cement.

They knew what they were doing.

the Governers can do it, but i wouldn't hold my breath. you'll be doing plenty of that when escaping the gulf.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by thunderbird1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I also love all these reports, how the govt. is asking BP to find less toxic alternatives to all the poison they are shooting out into the gulf right now, which in the long run, i'll bet is going to make this even worse.

Oh please BP, can you please stop using so much junk? Cause like, we think it's bad so please, if it's not too much inconvenience......

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The "pony & balloon" show, or as we like to call it "smoke & mirrors" goes on in almost every system; political, commercial, religious, military, a VIP comes and the serfs and peons scurry to make things right just for them.

But when millions of animals and a eco-system is dying, and people are getting sick. You can only do that for so long.

The commercial system is so evil and greedy.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think the reason they allowed her that kind of access is because they wanted her to speak out. Yes, they wanted her too! They want to implement marshall law...what better way to do it then to have the people DEMAND it? I'm not saying that the coast shouldn't be evacuated, clearly it should if it is endangering peoples health. I'm just saying that it was PLANNED this way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Get your guns.

We're taking the gulf back.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
[edit on 24-6-2010 by thunderbird1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
Get your guns.

We're taking the gulf back.

Really?
Cause aren't the waters poisoned, the ecosystem dying and doomed, the air toxic and about the only thing worth taking is the oil company. Because they know that there is still oil under the sea to make money with. Take the company.
At least IT has a future, thanks to greed.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Demoncreeper]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The silence has been broken...

Disturbing things I took away from this enlightening video:

They are cutting costs

If responders want to wear a respirator they have to have training first but there's no need for training since "everything is fine"

BP gets a head up when an official is on his/her way and they step up the response. When the official leaves, "75-80%" of the response stops

150 feet of sandbags on a 30 mile shore

"There using our marshland and a giant sponge to soak up the oil"

"BP isn't cleaning it up, they are covering it up"

I'm am so thankful for this woman and this video right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join