It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgraced Lobbyist Jack Abramoff Working In Baltimore Pizza Shop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Disgraced Lobbyist Jack Abramoff Working In Baltimore Pizza Shop

www.huffingtonpost.com

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Disgraced Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff has landed a new job at a kosher pizzeria in Baltimore soon after his release from prison.

Abramoff began working Monday at Tov Pizza, Ron Rosenbluth, the restaurant's owner, said Tuesday. The former Washington power broker, whose activities led to the conviction of a congressman, is learning about the business and will eventually be helping with its marketing, Rosenbluth said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Look at that, one of the most powerful Washington lobbyist, is now working at a pizza shop, slicing pizza for around minimum wage. Talk about a huge fall, this has got to be the worst for him. You know, it's good for him and he deserves every single minute of it. It'd not often that you get to see justice served, and this is one of those times.

Sadly, there are many more "Abramoffs" doing the exact same thing that he did, yet continue to wield power and disrupt freedom and democracy in America. If only they could all be busted, though we could only wish that the scales of justice were even close to balanced.

--airspoon

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Here's a quick look at Abramoff's updated resumé:

1981 - 1985, Chairman, College Republican National Committee
After graduating from college at Brandeis, Abramoff took over the seat once inhabited by Karl Rove, running the organization of college Republican groups throughout the country.
Source: www.politicsdaily.com...

LOL, I found Abramoff's new resume. Now that's progress!

--airspoon

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
added quote tags

[edit on Thu Jun 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 24-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's always a rare treat to see scum get their come-uppance. Even so, it will never atone for the damage he did to others.

What toppings are on a Crow Pizza?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

It makes me want to swing by that pizza shop now. It's almost worth the drive.. and Kosher pizza.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Working in a pizza shop really isn't that bad. Dude probably gets baked everyday before he comes into work and chills out making pizza. I'd say he has it made.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Haha! At last he is finally rolling some honest dough! And as pizzas are round, he for once won't be cutting corners for sure.

PS: Wonder if there's a vacancy as well for BP's CEO? This job fits him to a T, and spilling cheese instead of oil by him in this job is probably more welcomed.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It's all just theature to make the "little people" think that justice has been done. His neocon GOP friends will set him up soon with the money that they made on his scam. How much money do you think has been hidden off shore? Plenty!!

I can garantee you that after this farce has been played, Jack will be on the golf course with his friends, and they will be laughin at all the chumps once again.

These aren't people like you and I; they are the elite. And sometimes one of them is sacrificed to enforce the charade. That's what happened to Jack. He will be rewarded handsomely.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whaaa]

[edit on 24-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That was the first thing I thought. This guy isnt an idiot, he has money stashed and still has rich friends. But he cant come out of prison and immediately buy a new yacht. He'll make his pies for a little while, then when no one cares, back to his normal life.

Also to note. With all of the job seekers out there and unemployement going crazy, a guy just out of prison gets a job, right away? For marketing purposes? Im rather certain that there are plenty of good/non-corrupt marketers out there much more qualified that are sitting in the breadline. Wonder who paid the store owner off to start this facade?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I too am waiting to see how long he waits to start using that money that he's got stashed away.

If I was Mr. Rosenbluth I'd be a little worried about having Abramoff working for me being that so many of the places he worked before went under

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
At least he's taking all this advice floating around for the unemployed and taking any job for any pay
Isn't that what we want? lol

Disgraced or not, he's probably still got more influence over things than you or I ever had or ever will.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
At least he's got a job.....

second line...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I grew up in Baltimore, I remember Tov Pizza well - Kosher joint. My best friend's girlfriend worked there...when she was in high school. Yeah, it's the kind of place locals generally work when in high school or summers when they are back from college, that sort of thing.

Wow, just amazing.

new topics

top topics

join