It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial footage of tar on Pensacola Beach

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Well this is not looking good at all.

Aerial footage of tar on Pensacola Beach from Escambia County Sheriff's Office helicopter.

That lovely beach just look at it now

This is going to be very bad for the US economy i feel for you other there i really do.
Someone needs to take this out of BP's hands because it just seems they can not handle this thats my opinion.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ugh, that is such an ugly sight to behold. I feel so bad for the residents, businesses and obviously the wildlife that is being harmed right now.
Will these beautiful beaches ever be pristine again?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

I know this is not good at all in the video there is not a lot of speaking but i did here him say the beach should have been closed down.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Beached whale around 2:50
Sorry.

After all the drone/chopper footage I've seen from overseas, I was almost expecting bullets and missiles to start exploding on the beach when it zoomed in on all the people.

Seriously though, this is going to hurt the business/economy a lot more than it'll hurt the earth. Sure it's horrible in the short term, but it's not the worst thing to ever happen to the planet.

I hope the manatees know how to avoid this crap.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Yeah, you'd think people would know better than to take their families out to that gooey mess. Absolutely not safe for any animals, humans included!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

I, like many others, have some grave concerns about the environmental impact that this is going to have. The methane coming out of there is one of the scarier aspects for example, what with it de-oxygenating large areas of seawater. Only time will tell I suppose

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I heard an interview with a park ranger from Valdez, who said on a hot day, you could still smell the oil. That was over 20 years ago. The impact of The BP disaster will be going on for decades.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You can go there and still see oil on the coast, not just smell it. This disaster is far worse. With the lack of response, the oil could stick around for a VERY long time. Maybe the USA should change their name to OSA. Oiled States of America.

Back to the topic...
Thanks for posting the video Mars1.
This is much better footage than those zoomed in shots the MSM keeps showing us.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

here is one from the ground.. sorry do not know how to embed

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I think that even more so than the oil itself, the animals are dying off from the effects of Corexit. Seriously, the planned dumping of toxic chemicals in such vast amounts into the ocean.... it seems to me that the Corexit is the culprit when the autopsy reports on the animals are coming in, not the oil effects, from what I have read elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

Thank's and yes this is good footage and it's from 23rd june after watching again could not see many contractors cleaning up that mess just a handfull here and there.

But then again they could have hundreds cleaning up and they would get nowere until the leak is stoped it's just going to keep coming.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dang! Well, they only had *60* days to correctly deploy booms, maybe allow the foreign skimmers in with a suspension of the Jones Act. BP & the Administration - procrastinating for a wonderful future.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
But please come and vacation here! All is well and and the fish are still safe to eat.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nltkn

Woo thank's wonder if the dispersants are the course of that very strange

Thank's nltkn for link.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth
I think that even more so than the oil itself, the animals are dying off from the effects of Corexit. Seriously, the planned dumping of toxic chemicals in such vast amounts into the ocean.... it seems to me that the Corexit is the culprit when the autopsy reports on the animals are coming in, not the oil effects, from what I have read elsewhere.

And what exactly in the reports (and with animals it's necropsy, not autopsy) leads you to a scientifically based conclusion that the COD is Corexit, and is it the 9527 or 9500? And what protocol was used in the histo and path exams. One of the primary solvents used in HPLC is an ingredient in Corexit and would contaminate any samples prepared that way.
It is important since the mono-(9Z)- 9-octadecenoate and the poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl derivitives are used in various creams, tanning lotions, shampoos and soaps under the name Sorbitan, a lipophilic (fat hating)non-ionic surfactant.
The closest thing in everyday usage to Corexit is Simple Green (tm) cleaner.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

This video - with aerial footage really should made us all warned. People of Florida and all coasts affected... Get the hell out of there before its too late for your health, and if you have to go anywhere near beaches - use sophisticated active breath protections and masks.

When it pubbles, its airborne, and it will affect you.

Best thing to do is evacuate your selfs and not wait tomorrrow, its only getting worst every day. Tropical storm will wide this disaster to worst and then its too late for your health to recover from it.

I am very sorry from whats happened there, only thng is to save your selfs at this point.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well it looks like they closed the beach to swimming.

Florida Outlines BP Gulf Oil Spill Response For June 24, 2010

On June 24, mousse was discovered between the Pensacola Beach Pier and the ranger station at Fort Pickens gate, approximately three miles in length.
Tar balls, crude oil tar patties and mousse continue to be found on Panama City Beach, Destin, Ft Walton, Pensacola Beaches and throughout Northwest Florida, with the heaviest impacts reported between Escambia and Walton Counties.
Cleanup crews continue to be on site.
Perdido Pass, Pensacola Pass and Destin Pass will be closed with the tide to reduce the amount of oil from entering inland waters. Boom will be deployed across each Pass at flood tide (water coming in) and removed at ebb tide (water going out).
On June 23, the Discoverer Enterprise and the Q4000 recovered more than 27,000 barrels of oil which is the largest daily collection amount to date. BP is continuing efforts to drill two relief wells.
Pensacola Beach has been closed to swimming. The Gulf waters, from the Park West (Pickens Gate) recreation area through Walkover 23 (just west of Portofino) are closed to all swimming and wading until further notice. Double Red flags have been posted.

Linkwww.thegovmonitor.com...
You would think they'd close the beach.
I would not like my kid's playing around there could be very dangerous to health we just don't know

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Parts of Pensacola Beach Closed for Oil Cleanup

Well they finally closed part of the beach for clean up.
It would be good to get independent testing of the water.

Thankyou

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Former Oil Worker Says Cleanup Just For Show

GULF SHORES, Alabama - Former oil clean-up worker Candi Warren says she signed up to make a difference, but soon found out the work of cleaning the beaches was all cosmetic. That's what she was told, she says.
Warren says she knew that when crews worked during the day, the tide and surf buried oil overnight. But they were forbidden to dig it up. She quit in disgust three weeks ago despite the $18 per hour pay.
She said she was told to only clean the surface of the sand, that this is all cosmetic. She was on a crew at Gulf State Park where tourists go. She says it has priority so as to make it look like the beaches are clean.
Warren says she believes money is being wasted on the crews and says "At some point the real clean-up will have to begin, but I'm afraid the money will be gone."
She used a shovel and dug down six, eight, maybe twelve inches into the sand to show us the layers of oil close to the shoreline.

Linkwww.wkrg.com...
Make of this what you will some are saying they are just covering the oil my opinion they are not removing all the oil maby some.

Thankyou

top topics

join