It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have read a lot about the Hollow Earth Theory. I think one reason you can't find anything about Admiral Bird is because that isn't his name. It's actually spelled Byrd and there is plenty of information on Wikipedia.

This was a great presentation....very informative! I'll check out the links tomorrow. Thanks for putting in all that effort. Great job. Looking forward to more posts from you.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I enjoyed the read Sinter thank you for posting it. Also while reading I remembered something I had read a while back that adds to the post. Have not read the other posts so not quite sure if someone else has posted it already.

Some of you might know about: Hyperborea In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a mythical people who lived far to the north of Thrace. The Greeks thought that Boreas, the North Wind,[1] lived in Thrace, and that therefore Hyperborea was an unspecified region in the northern lands that lay beyond Scythia. Their land, called Hyperborea or Hyperboria — "beyond the Boreas" — was perfect, with the sun shining twenty-four hours a day, which - if true - suggests a possible location within the Arctic Circle.

Source

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds a lot like what you posted about the climates of the inner planet. There is a lot more about this in history/mythology then I thought.

Map of Hyperborea

slavs.org.ua...

Looks like it could be an entrance into our planet.

Cheers Rag

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You mentioned sun as a star. but could there be such a thing as a mass of "energy" that acts like a sun? An atom is a type of energy, there are many things that are energy or give a form of energy.
I am thinking if the inner "sun" is simply a type of energy ball, that would explain why the living things interior do not literally cook. the large holes in the north and south can give chance for used up air (carbon dioxide?), excess heat, etc to be released, thus maintaining balance/control.
Just as the other theory of the earth expanding, yes, if it is expanding on the outside, surely it is expanding on the inside....Visualize something like a balloon.

Many years ago I read a book called "Rama". It was about a huge ship in space. the ship was in the shape of a cylinder. Kind of like a monster sized log. Inside that huge cylinder, was a civilization, seas, vegetation, trees, etc, and there was a source of light energy in the center of the huge cylinder. When I saw the pic/diagram klaas presented of the cut-view of earth interior, that is how the interior of the huge cylinder ship looked like.

Funny how folks have to go through so much paperwork, etc just to get "clearance" to visit the area......I demand to know who "owns" those areas, or who thinks they own those areas to the point no one has the right to even check things out.
I am sure that there must be some truth to the hollow earth theory and stories, otherwise, other folks would have easily been able to freely travel there and witness NOTHING.
I think there is plenty we don't know about and are not allowed to know about.

Something I am wondering about, though, is how would the air be in that area? I am sure that plantlife would help purify. I can be very sure that there would not be destructive behavior by the inhabitants causing damage to their air (like we have done to our air here).
I rally wonder about the movie "Avatar". I watched that movie and imagined how beautiful life would be without slavery and so much destructive, complicated B.S. that we have on our world and in our society. If I were able to have the opportunity to live in a world like in Avatar, I swear, I would give up everything I own and even the internet----in a heartbeat.
I noticed also in the movie, it appeared that Jupitor was close in their sky along with several moons.....Could it be possible there is life like that on one of Jupitors moons?
It is best we do not find out. Humans have a history of wanting too much....Men will ask for something, if refused, they will try to barter, if refused, they will take it by force killing and destroying everything, anyway.

thank you for this wonderful topic. We should all look at it being a very high possibility. Anything can be possible. There were other civilizations before us. I saw years ago a documentary that was about the Anasazi. It said they seem to have disappeard without a trace. Could they have gone/been taken to inner earth then, and could still be there now?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

As the story goes ... Hitler and his followers wanted to create a race of super soldiers an Ayran race (like the Atlanteans) to rule the world. They came to this conclusion through the acceptance of many occult beliefs and practices, including the Hollow Earth Theory. There is a legend which says that Hitler and his chief advisers escaped the last days of the Third Reich by going through the opening at the South Pole (Antarctica) where they discovered an entrance to the Earth's interior.

According to the Hollow Earth Research Society in Ontario, Canada, they are still there. After the war, the organization claims, the Allies discovered that more than 2,000 scientists from Germany and Italy had vanished, along with almost a million people, to the land beyond the South Pole. This story gets more complicated with Nazi-designed UFOs, Nazi collaboration with the people who live in the center of the Earth, and the possible explanation for "Aryan-looking" UFO pilots.

Source

I give him full credit in going for glory better than these neo con Zionist who has given us nothing but agony and drowned his expedition with anti Jewish and holocaust bull#. we could have already been down there exploring and living in the new world rather than wasting billions in outer space and making weapons to kill nobody but us.

I do hope Jews pay for these 70 years of lost time and millions of lost lives even though there scriptures was telling of inner earths existence - what a shame that we are wasting our lives among these war mongering good for nothing hypocrites.

I think the movie AVATAR had a glimpse of this world beneath us.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ragon

Is it not normal to have 24 hour days in the high North. halve of the year.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lisa12

He initially went there to find the Nazis.... Ironic isn't it? That's a whole different story though... but it could add fuel to the fire??

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't have anything useful to add, but I love this topic.
I don't know if something like this could really be keep a secret!
Or I think the hole would have to be very small.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Wait a sec...

...:w:...

Really. I didn't feel hot at all.
I did miss your point the first time.

Well... Result is the same so.

OMG - You're funny!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Woah.

I've never even heard of the Hollow Earth theory before... I don't know what to say. At first it seemed so ilogical, but as I read on, I kept becoming more and more convinced.

The evidence has already been set in front of me, now I'm developing a new question.

HAVE PEOPLE OF THE INNER EARTH BEEN CONFUSED WITH EXTRATERRESTRIALS ?

Think about it! If you know anything about the Ancient Astronaut T theory, then you can probably fill in the gaps. If people of the Inner Earth are more advanced than people of the Outer Earth, then maybe it was the people of the Inner Earth all along, and not extraterrestrials. And the UFOs we see today, maybe they're not from above us, but from below us.

One can only wonder . . .

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Your points don't show where all the water from the oceans go. I think I would only go to this hollow earth if there was an elevator or something, if it existed. Flying a plane into a gaping hole or just climbing down would be crazy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Exopolitico

Didn't this expedition get canceled and no one got their money back?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Whatever happened to that team that charted the russian nuclear-powered icebreaker to the South Pole looking for the opening?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Could someone please confirm or dismiss the following claims ?
They are presented as fact.

The total surface of the Earth is 197 million square miles and its estimated weight is six sextillion tons. If the Earth was a solid sphere, its weight would be much greater. This is one among other scientific evidences of the fact that the Earth has a hollow interior.

Between each magnetic pole around the Earth pass magnetic meridians. In contrast with geographical meridians, which measure longitude, the magnetic meridians move from east to west and back again. The difference between the geographical meridians, or true north and south, and the direction in which a magnetic compass points, or the magnetic meridian of the place, is called the declination. The first observation made was in London in 1580 and showed an easterly declination of 11 degrees. In 1815 the declination reached 24. 3 degrees westerly maximum. This makes a difference of 35. 3 degrees change in 235 years, which is equal to 2,118 miles. Now if we make a circle around the Pole, with a radius of 1,059 miles, so that it is 2,118 miles in diameter, this would represent the rim of the polar opening along which, in this case, the North Magnetic Pole traveled from one point to its diametrically opposite point on the circle, 2,118 miles away, in 235 years.

Gravity and isostasy

If the newtonian theory of gravity were correct, there could be no huge caverns in the earth's outer shell and no tunnels connecting the outer and inner worlds. Even a few kilometres beneath the earth's surface the immense pressures would cause any cavities to collapse. Moreover, a habitable inner surface, with gravitational forces holding inhabitants 'down', would be impossible, because the gravitational attraction of the matter beneath their feet would be counteracted by the gravity of the matter forming the earth's shell above their heads -- i.e. on the opposite side of the 'cavity' -- and by the attraction of the inner sun.

However, if, as several experiments suggest, the newtonian assumption that gravity has unlimited penetrability is incorrect, and negative particles and ions can screen or counteract the attractive force of gravity [1], pressures (and temperatures) would not increase steadily with depth, the earth's shell could be honeycombed with cavities and tunnels, and the force of gravity on the inner concave surface would be compatible with life.

Isostasy is the theoretical balance of all large portions of the earth's crust as though they were floating on a denser underlying layer, about 110 km (70 miles) below the surface. Theoretically, if a section of lithosphere is loaded, e.g. by ice, it will slowly subside to a new equilibrium position; and if a section of lithosphere is reduced in mass, e.g. by erosion, it will slowly rise to a new equilibrium position. It might be argued that without a superheated, viscous mantle below the Moho boundary, isostasy would not work. In actual fact, whether the traditional 'mantle' exists or not, the simplistic theory of isostasy has already been shown to have serious shortcomings.

Much of the evidence to support isostasy has come from observations of the apparent rebound of the crust following the retreat of the late Pleistocene ice sheets from northwest Europe and Canada. However, while the north of Sweden appears to be in the process of uplift, as ideas on isostasy require, the southern parts of the country are sinking. Since scientists largely base their estimates of mantle viscosity on selective data on 'postglacial rebound', their estimates are unlikely to be correct.

Antarctica is thought to have supported massive ice sheets for most of the past 15 million years. If the mantle were subject to deformation under such loading, even at a nominal rate of 1 mm/year, the crust there should have subsided by 15 km -- which has obviously not happened. In fact, the Trans-Antarctic mountains, only several million years old, are elevated more than a kilometre above sea level, showing that the lithosphere/mantle is capable of lifting continental ice sheets, rather than being depressed by them. The most concentrated crustal loading of the earth's lithosphere probably occurs beneath large seamounts, since the ocean crust is fairly thin. However, on the basis of the current earth model, Peter James has calculated that the bearing capacity at the Moho is an order of magnitude greater than the imposed loading of a seamount, so that isostasy cannot explain their subsidence [2].

The theory of isostasy is tested by making gravity measurements over the earth's surface. On the assumption that gravity is proportional to inert mass, positive or negative gravity anomalies are interpreted as indicating an excess or deficiency of mass, and therefore departures from isostatic equilibrium. Gravity measurements reveal many large-scale 'isostatic' anomalies. For instance, an enormous area of 'negative mass' covers part of India and most of the adjacent Arabian Sea, yet there is no evidence that the lithosphere there is being upwarped. Moreover, in regions of tectonic activity vertical crustal movements often intensify gravity anomalies rather than acting to restore isostatic equilibrium. For example, the Greater Caucasus shows a positive gravity anomaly (usually interpreted to mean it is overloaded), yet it is rising rather than subsiding. The greatest anomaly of all is the triaxial deformation of the earth. In addition to the rotation axis and the (43-km-longer) equatorial axis, the earth has a third axis, roughly through the equator; as a result, the equator is a little flattened, being oval rather than truly circular. The earth's shape is distorted by protuberances of various shapes and sizes, equivalent to about 2000 feet of rock, or over a mile of ice, and the anomalies have spans of the order of thousands of miles [3].

The fact that there is no empirical basis for the common assumption that gravity is proportional to mass casts doubt on the standard interpretation of gravity measurements; rather than being a direct function of the quantity of matter, the strength of the gravitational force may depend on the electrical and other properties of matter. The defective theory of isostasy can certainly not be used to lend weight to the orthodox picture of the 'mantle'.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
this is actually the first time i've heard or read about this theory.. there is quite a lot of information on your post and it was an interesting read, makes me wonder about earth..

S&F great post..

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
You ever heard of Jan Lamprecht. South African Guy who has an excellent theory on hollow planets!

www.hollowplanets.com...
www.v-j-enterprises.com...
www.coasttocoastam.com...

I worked with Jan and many others on his book "Hollow Planets" back in the early 90's. We had a good group on Compuserve and some of the stuff we uncovered was unbelievable. Jan thought that to make the book more acceptable it must be toned downed somewhat so it wouldn't join the ranks of questionable journalism, so he strove to make it more science based and factual. I stayed with the group until discussions got to be more for the science based guys, there were alot of academics and scientists involved, I just got lost in the dust...lol

I remember one of the guys in the group had an old classmate who worked for the NSA. In talking with him on the phone one day he told him he was working on a Hollow Earth book, the NSA guy told him he was just given a new office and behind his desk on the wall he had a large satellite photo showing the South Pole with a large hole in it. He said he would scan it in sections and email it to him. Now back in those days scanners were in their infancy, scanning was very slow and the files were huge, plus the fact the baud rates were 300-9600, very slow by todays standards. So the guy managed to scan 3 or 4 sections and then he just dropped out of sight, no email responses whatsoever. A few months later when the guy returned home and met up with our group member he told him he got caught scanning the photo and was put on the carpet for it, he was told to never contact him again, he said they also pulled the photo out of his office. I had copies of those 3-4 sections on my computer at the time on an Amiga platform and not too long after that the computer was trashed. As I remember the sections were so close to the hole that you could see the very edge if it was indeed the edge. I have to say we had some really wild info being discussed in that group.

I know Jan would like to take this theory much further but that would entail an expedition and that would be very costly. Right now Jan's life has been pretty much occupied with all the civil unrest in his country and I doubt how serious he is about Hollow Planet Theory today.

A couple of interesting books on this subject, although they are not factual but many have thought of them as fiction based on fact are "The Smokey God", I think the author is unknown on this one, and "The Coming Race" by Bulwer Lytton. Been years since I have read these books but they were great reads.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Boomer1941]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Your points don't show where all the water from the oceans go. I think I would only go to this hollow earth if there was an elevator or something, if it existed. Flying a plane into a gaping hole or just climbing down would be crazy.

I haven't read all of this thread but I can answer one question for you on this theory. If you're sailing to the North Pole and you see your compass moving erratically that should be on clue that your getting close to the hole. You will never really see the hole but you would sail into it, the width of the hole is estimated to be anywhere from 800-1500 miles wide, too far to see the other side. In that diagram at the beginning of the first post you have to visualize the water clinging to the side of the hole and then onto the inside of the pole. Theoretically you could just sail north from Greenland and a few weeks later you could be in the Inner Earth and not even know it unless you happened upon a Woolly Mammoth or something...lol

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Starred & Flagged SK!

Interesting and often humorous thread!

IRM

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I havent read this entire thread, however I noticed that the OP's link to the Patent Oficce shows the patent by number but it has been completely censored by the Patent Office altogether.

a complete patent however was located by me at the link found HERE

If this has already been posted by someone else I appologize in advance.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

That was why I posted a second link to the first page

You only has to click on one of those red words above in the screen to get in.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
IMO the main theory of the hollow earth is a hoax. There is no way that there could be a Sun in the center of the Earth and that people would survive from having such a sun so close, not to mention that in order for magma to exist in our mantle, and lower depths of the Earth such Sun would have to keep the surface of the "hollow earth" at over 1,500F, and no living creature, at least not physical living creatures could survive this heat.

I do think that there are large caves which go very deep, but not to the center of the Earth, and it is very possible that there are lifeforms down there and even some ufo bases, as well as military bases. But that the Earth is hollow and there are holes as depicted in the OP?.... impossible imo.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join