It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Please criticize.

Just stay civil.

link   
does anything think that it's possible the hexagon on saturn could be some sort of entrance to the center of saturn? just throwing that out there

[edit on 6/24/2010 by indigothefish]

link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Perhaps it does get too hot as you go underground, but admittedly, I've never been deep enough to experience that phenomena. I've only ever experienced the sensation of cooling as I went further down.

Also; I never mentioned that the artificial sun had to necessarily be heat-giving.

I mean- if these people are technologically advanced enough to be living in a society underground with artificial life for... Only God knows how long, with tech that goes beyond what we can imagine...

Well, how hard is it to believe that they could figure out a way to create such a thing?

They're probably down there laughing at us for being so ignorant. LOL. I wonder if they can get onto the internet.

(Of course, it's all hypothetical...)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Edit: Feeling stupid because I didn't see the video on the post until *after* I replied.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by widdershins]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Woah- wait a second. The video didn't appear the first time I replied- I thought you were kidding! Sorry about that- I mean.. that's pretty darn cool.... and interesting.

And... actually worth thinking about. O_O

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So no one answered. I'm going to repeat.

Why do we have no EMPs from this sun within? We should have daily bustings of electronics.

link   
i am totally new to the idea of a hollow earth, but i found the information in this thread was present in a nice way... actually i have seen these theories here and there online but somehow i got through this whole threads original presented posts on the subject, very interesting indeed

i'm not saying my mind is made up, all in all this could simply be some grand pretext for the next stephen king novel, but i think it's all very interesting

i do have a question though concerning the original posts, not sure if it has already been talked about...

there have been people claiming it to get warmer at the poles? and there be more plant life, as well as birds migrating in that direction? i have never heard of any of those claims, where exactly can i find them?

link   
ahhh I love this theory and believe it has some backbone as well.

Told some friends and family about it once and got nothing but " duude... are you serious...?" lol and I was.

What I would really like to know and i'm not sure if someone has addressed this yet, buuut what about the Agnew guy who was gonna take a Russian Nuclear ship there with scientists and a film crew???? Did this lose it's funds, get shut down or simply loss of interest? Does anyone know?

Thanks for the awesome post! good reading.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just a an observation here, but is it just me or is ATS becoming full of nothing more than so called debunkers and skeptics? The hollow earth theory has many valid points and should be well researched (like all things of course....) before coming to any strict conclusions. That said, this is a site for conspiracy theorists and the like and while I'm not in any way saying it is my or anyone else place to say so ,except for the webmasters of ATS, I really think that all of these debunkers that are flooding the gates of this site should discuss their topics at skeptic.com or skepticnews.com...somewhere that makes sense to have such views.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

It's been few years, so I maybe mixing few theories... or making up my own
, anyhow here's the parts I could find about what Nassim was saying, i'll keep searching see if I can find what I think I heard... gonna take some time, at work atm. So here's some food for thought..

maya12-21-2012.com...

www.youtube.com...

There is his 8 hour lecture, you can also find on ATS.. it is a MUST WATCH. It's somewhere in there where he talks about the universe being a massive black hole (which is why it's all black
) and that complex structures of black holes are what's the source of everything... such as planets, blood cells, galaxies, etc... this goes hand in hand with 2012 scenario as he explains how all galaxies are always moving in a "spiral" form through this enormous black hole (maybe that's the cause of the push/pull!) and so around 2012 we will be moving towards a new part of space which is more or less denser then other parts, causing new anomalies as we're moving into a new area of space... anyhow... very interesting stuff. Will update with what the hell i'm talking about in a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

awesome mega-post, SK!

i read all your OP, but not all the links or the replies. i've been dilly-dallying around today and i need to get some stuff done so i'll have to curb my curiosity - and i have stuff to add, too.

i do have time for one thing, though, spurred on by the comment about hollow Mars.

have you seen this?

more details from a blog

one is named after me.

this really got my attention when the news first came out, 3 years ago. i looked into it as far as possible with the information then available. i haven't forgotten it at all - it comes to mind quite often, actually. but i haven't had the time or inclination to re-research it again, to see what else has been un-earthed (PUN!
)

i just thought it was a good thing to mention, in your awesome thread!

(you always start awesome threads! i hate to comment sometimes because i am a NOTORIOUS thread KILLER and i hate that! i don't want to kill your threads!)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Noman

There is a huge difference between analyzing the available evidence & try to apply observable & testable science, and just simply trolling for the sake of being skeptic.

I am a fan of learning/finding new things but, come on we can't just ignore the obvious flaws here.

The sun is aprrox. 149 million km (93 million miles) away from earth. If you are fair-skinned and over-expose yourself to the harmful rays, you increase your chance of skin cancer. If the sun was any closer...you'd cook. The radiation alone would be able to do it. Then there's the intense heat and the UV rays. We'd have no clouds. Our oceans would evaporate. Our surface would look much like Mars. Now, how are we supposed to believe that we have another sun just a few miles below our feet? As stars/suns burn off the lighter fuel (Such as hydrogen) they eventually get to the denser elements (like iron)...eventually the by product is a denser center that will cause the sun to implode on itself, crushing itself from the gravitational force. The kind of explosion/implosion that destroys planets and surrounding mass.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Noman
The hollow earth theory has many valid points and should be well researched (like all things of course....) before coming to any strict conclusions.

Could you point some of those valid points? Thanks in advance.

That said, this is a site for conspiracy theorists and the like and while I'm not in any way saying it is my or anyone else place to say so ,except for the webmasters of ATS, I really think that all of these debunkers that are flooding the gates of this site should discuss their topics at skeptic.com or skepticnews.com...somewhere that makes sense to have such views.

A discussion is based in different opinions, so what's the point of having a sceptics or believers only forum?

People have their own opinions, and if the hollow Earth theory has (apparently) more sceptics than most of the other theories that are posted on ATS that means only that it's a less popular theory. And the fact that some people are sceptic about something doesn't mean that they cannot agree with some conspiracy theories, but it also means that they don't have to agree with all (specially when some of those theories are mutually exclusive).

PS: I know that I am seen as a sceptic (and I really am), but the degree of scepticism depends on the data that is presented to back up any theory, and in this particular case, I have yet to see good data backing up the theory.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Noman
Just a an observation here, but is it just me or is ATS becoming full of nothing more than so called debunkers and skeptics? The hollow earth theory has many valid points and should be well researched (like all things of course....) before coming to any strict conclusions. That said, this is a site for conspiracy theorists and the like and while I'm not in any way saying it is my or anyone else place to say so ,except for the webmasters of ATS, I really think that all of these debunkers that are flooding the gates of this site should discuss their topics at skeptic.com or skepticnews.com...somewhere that makes sense to have such views.

Too many skeptics? Seriously? We NEED these voices of reason. When people choose to ignore logic and facts for the sake of furthering whatever fantastic story is popular here at the time, these are the people who take a rational point of view; this balance is necessary to find the truth behind ANY question. If these 'debunkers' weren't here to rain on the parades of people supporting outlandish ideas and theories for the sake of entertainment and personal fantasy, then this site would become nothing more than a science fiction site.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Noman

No.

The Motto: "Deny Ignorance"

More than a slogan and deeper than a mission statement, our members have embraced the motto of "Deny Ignorance" as our reson detre, demanding everyone who posts to aspire to a higher standard of participation. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership base that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch skeptics. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand minds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Why can't that hypothetical Sun be something different from what we call "Sun"? Why not a cold chemical reaction, like in fireflies?

That part of the theory may be far fetched, but in no way it implies (as far as I have seen) that the internal Sun must be a real star.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Quite a different story then. Though I can't help but wonder about how a hollow earth would make no sense given our observations on gravity as it pertains to mass/density. A hollow earth would change our current reality here on the surface. Some of the larger earthquakes would no doubt result in cracks...rather than masses (Such as mountains) being pushed upwards due to plates shifting & because of flowing magma...etc...etc. volcanoes....lava,steam,pressure being excreted. The observable behavior kind of reinforces the idea that our planet is indeed, not hollow.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I believe Mnemeth is convinced there is another cause. Something electric.

Oh, am very aware of what Mnemeth believes. The is no credible researcher or theorist or scientist anywhere that follows that 'electric theory', though. It is simply wrong for a simple reason: Electricity won't conduct unless there's something for it to travel through. Vacuum is the perfect insulator.

(The following is my -- clumsy -- and purely unscientific understanding of gravity, locally):

Moving on --- the actions and calculations of gravity, on a planetary scale, are fairly prosaic, anyway. The larger questions are a comological and universal concept, that are still being refined.

But, locally, for one planet at a time, it is highly, highly implausible for the "hollow" theory to be an explanation, let alone a theory.

First, there is simply no natural mechanism to explain such a formation. Second, back to the local effects of gravity -- they are undeniable, and relentless. They WILL compact every last bit as tightly as possible, depending on the overall mass of the constituent material. Otherwise, smaller bodies --- asteroids, comets, etc would not form.

But, that is all moot, when we examine the Earth, and compare its mass. It CAN be calculated, the total mass, and confirmed from celestial observations...

Here, this describes calculating the mass:

Calculation: Mass of earth

We calculate Earth’s mass as follows:

Everything pulls on everything else in a simple way that involves only mass and distance. Newton said every body attracts every other body with a force that, for any two bodies, is directly proportional to the product of the masses of the bodies and inversely proportional to the square of the distance separating them.

The equation, expressing Newton’s statement, is

(1) F = G (m1) (m2) / d²

where G is the gravitational constant.

Newton also said that the acceleration of an object is directly proportional to the net force acting on the object, is in the direction of the net force, and is inversely proportional to the mass of the object.

The equation, expressing this statement, is

(2) a = F / m.

We substitute Earth’s mass (me) and Earth’s radius (r) in Equation (1) to get the force that Earth attracts a body of mass (m) on the surface of Earth.

(3) F = G (me)(m) / r²

We substitute the acceleration (g) due to gravity in Equation (2) to get the force that the object of mass (m) resists the acceleration due to gravity

(4) F = mg

To calculate Earth’s mass, we equate the forces given by Equations (3) and (4) and solve for (me). We get

(5) me = g r² / G

where the constants are given by G = 6.67300 x 10-11m³/(kg s²),

g = 9.8 m/s²

www.wonderquest.com...

Because we evolved here, and this is "home base", and the planet we are most familiar with, we have assigned the average effect of the Earth's mass the value "One G", 'G' for 'gravity'. That is our standard, thanks to work by Galileo and Newton. Using that as the unit, ALL other calculations fit, mathwise. This is irrefutable, as well, as proven by the many successful space missions to other planets, and the Moon.

Again, with the mass of the Earth a defined value, we compare to the SIZE, which we also know with a great deal of accuracy. Knowing the diameter gives us the volume; the total volume encompassed by the sphere. ("Flattened" sphere, but that's not important, not to any significant digit in gross measurements).

So, knowing the volume, and mass, the average density is easy to determine.

In order for thre to be an enormous "hollow void" internally, the rest of the structure of the Earth, the so-called "shell", would have to be made of material far, far more dense than mere rock. I don't have the skills to do the math --- possibly even solid lead wouldn't be sufficient. Or, even the heaviest element on the Periodic Table!! (AND, we also know for certain that such elements don't exist in the required quantity, anyway...not enough to form an entire planet, even "IF" 'hollow').

In fact, in order for the mass of the planet, "IF" 'hollow', to match its size, some exotic other material, such as found in a neutron star, for instance, might be required. Certainly, we don't have any of that, either!

[edit on 24 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of the "Hollow Head" theory I have. I'll post a whole huge thread later...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join