It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My unexpected discovery. The Hollow Earth Theory.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Hi thanks.

To me it sounds pretty good. It is fully compatible with my idea of God.
I always think it is interesting how some are a century ahead of all.

I belief life exists for a reason, however not one that we can easily understand. If we could understand it at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Thanks for an interesting video. HOWEVER, I think that some people use quick edits, and cuts, to alter meaning.

WHAT I TAKE from that is Einstein's allusions to what he devoted the remainder of his life to...the so-called "T.O.E.", the Theory Of Everything, or (also called) the "Grand Unification" ('GU') theory.

Granted, there is a GREAT DEAL we do not yet know, fully, when it comes to Cosmology.

BUT...skipping down certain paths of pointlessness is a waste of effort...

( HOW in hell did a "hollow earth" thread diverge so radically into this new topic???
)

To borrow a phrase from a science fiction ICON of note...."Fascinating".

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good job Sinter Klaas for continuing to fight the good fight on your great thread, in spite of a rather obnoxious Peanut Gallery factor, that just doesn't seem to die. Oh well.

Quite a few pages ago on this thread, I finally was exasperated, and made a post about the legion of pesky replies that you were getting about the central sun. After over a week, I come back, and they're still popping up, same thing, over and over!

I would just say "frustrating", but at this point it's more like nauseating. Seems like every page or two, another genius steps forward to announce the "impossibility" of a central "sun" (often with mathematical overtones too...shhh, let us all be oh-so reverent!).

And yet, on every page or two, you remain patient as Job, perhaps asking them to consider an Electric Universe, etc. Really, if they would just read a small sample of the pages, they might see that their brilliant idea has been there, done that, about forty times now on this one thread! What's with these people?

So, for the record, just to get it on another page, again, no one is saying the "central sun" is a star like the sun we all know. For someone to want to argue about that silly straw-man, especially after so much water under the bridge, shows not just a lack of respect for the thread (by not reading anything prior), but also an attitude. Because you would have to assume that your "opposition" is retarded! But since they're actually only opposing the straw-man silly-sun, they end up coming off as the 'tard du jour.

Again, good job, my hat is off to you, such incredible patience I have seldom seen!

JR

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Never ceases to amaze how some people never seem to get the joke :shk:

To think they actually take this junk seriously??

"Fascinating".....

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Seriously. What do you consider junk ?

And...

Where have you got the idea that people take this seriously ?

The only thing I see is people who are afraid to use their imagination. Who will ridicule the imagination of others. While their scientific dogmas have been wrong many times in the past and I'm sure they will be wrong many times in the future.

However... How will you learn about a mistake if one keeps their head stuck in the ground ?

Why did you choose your last post to ridicule a different idea, instead of proof for the inflation of our universe, just seconds after the big bang.
Or proof for the big bang ?

Only a few months ago there were fully formed galaxies found from a time there should not even have existed a have formed galaxy. Yet this did not change a thing.

Alien worlds are found to close to their star or to far away or even to fast after the star to light up. These discoveries defy our physics they say...
What do they do ? They make things up to make them fit, instead of second the original idea.

We are a long way from the truth and as long as people keep ridiculing instead of explaining, it's gonna a take a long time before we get there.

Not everybody knows what you do, you know. Not everybody has studied what you have and not everybody understands what you do. I'm here because I am curious and want to learn from you. ( and everybody else )

What I learn is that people are arrogant and ignorant. Arrogant because they obviously know it all and ignorant because they expect everybody shares their knowledge or is supposed to.

So please if you can explain why something is wrong or why you are correct, I would greatly appreciate it.

Just stop ridiculing. It makes you look bad. ( IMO ) Besides that, on a topic like this people are aware of its controversial nature it isn't necessary.

Ohh... I forgot.
This is the skunk works forum where the ridiculous ideas are placed to talk about them without the ridicule.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Well....it appeared to me that your tongue has been firmly in cheek for all these pages, so maybe you aren't yet ready to lift the curtain??

Anyway....the easiset way to refute the "hollow earth" nonsense...(yes, it's junk) is by looking at the total mass of our planet. We know this to a very exact amount, since we live here. We know and can measure precisely the gravitational effects of that mass, AND we know its (our planet's) dimensions quite precisely too...therefore, the average density of the planet can be calculated.

IF it were "hollow"....then the so-called 'missing' portions (the 'void' inside) have to be accounted for, by making the remainder MORE dense than has been measured, observed or calculated.

It is nonsense.

Further, there is no mechanism involved in the "hollow earth" concept to account for the Earth's magnetic field, either. Only a heavy, dynamic molten iron core can offer an explanation.

Time to let this game die out, maybe???
It was fun, as a distraction and amusing "what if" mental game, but when people actually start to believe it, it starts to become a disservice to truth and science and learning.....

[edit on 10 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I was not talking about the hollow earth. I was talking about ridicule.
I already knew what your opinion was.

I do not even think the hollow earth as it is presented is true. I do not dismiss it either.
I mentioned the EU theory which you also think is nonsense. I give an example of an event in the current consensus, which is the base of the theory and does not have a piece of evidence whatsoever. To me it looks like a pretty important event but it has remained silent.
Not even an "I don't know".

I'm aware I miss out on a lot of things... Does this mean I've set my mind believing something ridiculous ? No. But it hard not to, if even the ridiculous from what we do think we understand, can't be explained.

Either that or people just don't care what I believe. The ridicule is even more ridiculous if that is the case.

I hear some times that I should study to learn. Reality is that the prime time to study has passed and I studied something else. I'll have to work and stuff.

Edit:

Well....it appeared to me that your tongue has been firmly in cheek for all these pages, so maybe you aren't yet ready to lift the curtain??

You do know this counts for you as well, do you ?

We have barely scratched the surface of our existence and we pretend to know it all already.

I'm prepared to say I don't know it all. If you are not then please help me to learn a bit more ?

[edit on 7/10/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Never ceases to amaze how some people never seem to get the joke :shk:

To think they actually take this junk seriously??

"Fascinating".....

I can tell you did not watch the video series I posted. If you had you might begin to wonder yourself. Just because you are not aware of something does not automatically mean there is nothing there.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I can tell you did not watch the video series I posted.

I watched videos.

Not very compelling.

I live in the rational world, NOT in fantasy.

[edit on 11 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Anyway....the easiset way to refute the "hollow earth" nonsense...(yes, it's junk) is by looking at the total mass of our planet. We know this to a very exact amount, since we live here. We know and can measure precisely the gravitational effects of that mass, AND we know its (our planet's) dimensions quite precisely too...therefore, the average density of the planet can be calculated.
IF it were "hollow"....then the so-called 'missing' portions (the 'void' inside) have to be accounted for, by making the remainder MORE dense than has been measured, observed or calculated.
It is nonsense.
Further, there is no mechanism involved in the "hollow earth" concept to account for the Earth's magnetic field, either. Only a heavy, dynamic molten iron core can offer an explanation.
Time to let this game die out, maybe???
It was fun, as a distraction and amusing "what if" mental game, but when people actually start to believe it, it starts to become a disservice to truth and science and learning.....

Does this look solid to you?

An excellent thread you can find here. www.abovetopsecret.com...
And if you were so open minded as to do some investigating on your own you would find countless videos, testimony and accounts of people getting lost in the earth, caves and holes found that are apparently bottomless, secret facilities. Look at the video I posted in this thread and tell me where they got the photos? There is even a very credible theory that gravity is not a pulling down effect but a pushing effect which would change that whole center of gravity thing. Nobody is forcing this down your throat so if you don't believe it. Fine. Move on.
Why not let the people who wish to continue to explore this possibility do so without your gratuitous, unenlightened derision?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Oh, I DID SEE THOSE TOO!!!! Beautiful. BUT, perfectly understandable, and NOT so-called "evidence" of aosme 'hollow earth' bogus "theory".

HOWEVER, all that did was show that WITHIN OUR EARTH'S CRUST exist voids...caverns.

This is NOT "news", has been well understood for centuries.

To suggest that those videos somehow suggest a "hollow earth" is patently silly, ....sorry for being so blunt.

The mere fact that PEOPLE spelunked into caves??? Come on, try to use some critical thinking skills, please.

The lack of science understanding that contributes to this continued misunderstanding is seriously disturbing....

I can only shudder to imagine what many, many college professors may be facing, if THIS is the sort of student that are joining their classes...to have such a skewed and totally incorrect understanding, to begin with...sad, it is.

Truly. Sad.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What's up with the all caps ? You are not getting mad are you ? That would be very immature.

How on earth do you get the idea we can not identify truth from fiction ?
The thing is, I'm confronted with truth that is in fact fiction. That worries me a lot more then the other way around.

Of course they say it is all still theory, but that's not how it is presented.
The truth is often stranger then fiction. ( Thanks Pred. )

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

"All Caps" are sometimes used for emphasis...not in anger.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I can only shudder to imagine what many, many college professors may be facing, if THIS is the sort of student that are joining their classes...to have such a skewed and totally incorrect understanding, to begin with...sad, it is.

Those who can, do.
Those who can't, teach.

Are you ever going to stop spamming this topic with useless garbage or not?

Go whack some weeds or something already...

Would you like us to expand this thread into yet another branch, discussing how the current world government is basically FORCING everyone to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a stupid diploma so they have a better chance of obtaining employment? Or perhaps discussing what exactly the reason is for college tuition to be $20,000+ / year (I'm being very reasonable on this one, I'm sure any good ivy league school is well over 50,000 a year). Nah.. let's not go there now.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by sum1one]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Fair enough.

I've found a collection of facts all supported with scientific evidence, peer reviewed and so on. Enjoy.

The electric universe. Evidence.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I also have noticed the naysayers who jump in and attempt to derail any exploration outside of the box. Its almost as if they are paid by the insult flung at anyone who dare consider other possibilities that do not reside inside the the authorized text book. Their ignorance is not so apparent, but their hidden agenda is.

The "Central Sun", as it is referred to, is not the same as the "Solar Sun", nor does it operate in the same manner. It also is referred to as the "Smoky God", but that name is not used because it can not be confused.

There is very little available as to the make up of this phenomenon, only conjecture and rumor. This condition may be because of one of several reasons, or a combination of reasons. One, no one really knows the Smoky Gods content because they have not ventured close enough to examine it because of religious reasons. Or two, it has been put off limits by higher authority. In any event, if it is there, and I have little doubt it isn't, it was put there for a reason, and serves a purpose.

If you would like to see a "Smoky God", it really isn't that hard. One was discovered in 1801, orbiting the Solar Sun, in what is called the asteroid belt. en.wikipedia.org...
Not knowing what it was it was labeled a "Dwarf Planet", and was actually listed as the "8th" planet.

It is said that in ancient times there was a solar system wide war in which a planet, "Tiamat" was destroyed. Its remnants today are the asteroids, in the asteroid belt. Its "Smoky God", or central sun, is Ceres, and as it wasn't destroyed, still orbits its race track.

I know some who look at the Smoky God as a result of photons gathering at the central core creating this light spectacle. But this effect would in no way assist the planet in its orbit around the Sun. I suspect all planets follow their race track around the sun, from the absolute center of the mass, and that would be the absolute center of the Smoky God. Ceres minus its planetary crust is a prime example of this. So, to me, its the Smoky God of a planet that follows the race track, not the planet. If anything, I see the Smoky God as a planet seed, rather than a Sun.

To the naysayers, I believe the time of religious control is over. Your fighting a loosing battle.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek

If the Earth was made of molten rock and spinning around, the molten rock (or lava - whatever you want to call it) would solidify when cooled. BUT, centrifugal force would push this mass to the outside.

That would leave a hollow in the middle. It's basic science. At the Ontario Science Center they have a machine that shows how water and oil can mix at the right speed. In that demonstration you see a "hollow" in the center.

"Centrifugal force" would cause the magma to collect at the equator, the farthest points from the axis of rotation. It would not distribute itself around the interior of the sphere. That's the physics of it. Think. The Earth would not be a hollow sphere, it would be a disk (riding on the backs of elephants, carried by a giant turtle).

www.cosmoscan.pe.kr...

[edit on 6/24/2010 by Phage]

Earth was formed on the back of a turtle as the indians say ...

However, as this video clearly shows (people entering and exiting giant caverns deep within the earth)...even if the earth is not exactly hollowed out like an egg shell you have to admit it is in no way a solid impenetrable strata for at least 10 miles down toward the core. Some say this is more like 500 miles down...but even 10 miles is plenty of roof over your head.
Bubbly, hollow, porous and OPEN enough for "someone" to go down and get around below our surface, find a cave, a lake and enough phosphorescence to light up the place and dig out a nice little life for themselves.

In this "collection" of videos (part of 7 part series) there is footage of film by our military of admiral Byrds flight over the pole which showed lakes and foliage amongst small piles of snow and ice ostensibly proving the temperature was warming and not getting colder as one might expect. There was an 8 day air battle where Adm Byrd lost ALL his planes to extremely advanced anti-gravity weapons and then was brought to an inner city where he was allegedly asked to tell the US to back off nuclear weapons. It gets stranger and stranger I know. But then so does reality.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Is it possible that there are massive cavernous areas in the earths crust and leading into the mantle by way of tributaries. I am talkig about areas that would be large enough to house a city of sorts. Perhaps the cave is a 100 or 200 meters high at some points?

-curious

-ted

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I have been trying to find pictures of the poles as taken from orbit, and in light of this thread, i find it strange that I am finding almost nothing.

I wonder if my search skills need a nap. Can anyone help me find some or confirm the same as I?

This guy found holes at the Poles on Google Earth. Here he takes you through it on his screen:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Did you know that if you shrink the Earth in half, all the continents fit together perfectly? Look at this video which shows that and debunks the Pangea theory!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Pangea theory a disaster for physics

www.youtube.com...

Dinosaur extinction

www.youtube.com...

new topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join