It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's go to the gooey beach and enjoy yourself especially the kids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Let's hope so!!!! If any of that coastline can be spared it'll be a dang miracle.

Now what happens if we're not able to stop it and all trillion-or-so barrels empties out of there? I've heard a few different theories on that one, and none of them are encouraging in any way, shape, or form. A trillion barrels of oil plus however much methane is released would create quite the dead zone in the gulf

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I just can't believe that the news isn't covering this. The last video the beach is black.... You can see the white sand way up the beach away from the water, but look at all that oil. I can't believe this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Originally posted by mpriebe81

I haven't heard anything about the oil making landfall anywhere in Texas yet. My guess is that, even if it hasn't made landfall there yet, it is just a matter of time before some of the brown stuff gets pushed towards Texas.

The natural currents (Gulf Stream) should keep the oil away from the Texas coast, however, a hurricane could possibly drive it into anywhere from Beaumont to Mexico.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I live in the area and I can tell you that the local officials and business are telling people NOT to cancel their reservations and that the beaches/waters are perfectly safe

For every post on youtube warning people of the danger, there are 20 more from local business owners telling folks it's alright, come on down.

Trust me a sign here or there would be easily missed, especially when most people walk out of their condo/beach house straight to the surf. These parents are lacking good judgment IMO.

And there is this, but not many are paying attention
current.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ah, okay...that makes sense.

Did you guys see this? In another topic here. Aerial video of Pensacola Beach. Really bad. And it's only going to get worse.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Thanks dark, you've pretty much confirmed what Lucidity suspected and I appreciate it. Now we've just got to keep our fingers crossed and hope that no tropical storms/hurricanes stir this mess up and throw this stuff all over the coastline

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
This is a great example of how entirely out of touch people can be OP..and/or how muffled the MSM are keeping things i guess..
i was speaking with my family in the US, my oldest sister is 42, an English teacher..and she was telling me of her summer plans with the kids which include Disney Land in Florida, and spending their time mainly on the beaches otherwise during their couple of week stay. I was dumbfounded.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Yep, I did happen to check that one out a bit ago.....and it's a downright terrible sight. I couldn't imagine the ecosystem here in my back yard being tainted and poisoned like that. It must be infuriating to the residents there, and I can only imagine how helpless something this big would leave one feeling. This makes me so mad I could spit and i've never even been there!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

People are been stupid, or that is what "other people" will say with news like that, have your kid get oil tar all over their bodies and heads, knowing very well that our gulf waters "are" polluted no matter that the water looks clean.

Then come around to sue because their children "develop" some kind of skin rash due to the pollution in the water.

I guess because BP is the target now those that are in positions of power and made the rules for the access of the beaches in the gulf are trying to make a buck and pass the law sues to the BP at fault for any poisoning of their costumers in the gulf

I think that people still going to the area even with the news of the oil reaching the coast are plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Full_Vision..and she was telling me of her summer plans with the kids which include Disney Land in Florida, and spending their time mainly on the beaches otherwise during their couple of week stay. I was dumbfounded.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Full_Vision]

Wow! That would definitely leave me speechless too. I had to break it to my girlfriend that we weren't going to visit her father and stepmother in Panama City because I honestly don't want to be anywhere near that catastrophe. Better safe then sorry.

Btw, her dad and stepmother are now planning on moving to Tennessee.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just heard on MSNBC that health officals are warning people to stay off the beaches in Penscacola.
Unfortunately, their reasoning was they wanted people to stay out of the way of clean up crews.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Wow, that's the reasoning they're using eh?
Talk about subterfuge and nefarious wordplay....
It's hard to believe that loads of people are still buying the official storyline and subsequent updates.

They don't have this thing under control, and they apparently never really did.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Dumb mom's like that give americans a bad name,

like cow's chewing grass in a pasture.

No doubt they'll stop at Mcdonalds on the way home to get Happy Meals.

Well here's another great example of WHY we think so highly of Americans over in the middle east!

The beach is fine just pack goo-gone in beach accessories!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Could the 'boiling water' be methane ?

Not sure how it works, but if bits of frozen methane are spreading around the gulf and turning into gas when it heats up..........

Atleast now, people can use this kind of method to heat-cook their pots and pans with.
So now we do not have to use the oil after all!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join