It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kumar escapes from Washington, D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Washington (CNN) - Just in time to escape from the hot and humid Washington summer, actor turned White House staffer Kal Penn has left his position with the White House Office of Public Engagement.

Penn, whose real name is Kalpen Modi, left his post as associate director in the White House Office of Public Engagement on June 1 because of prior obligations.

"In order to fulfill a commitment he made prior to the start of his employ here, Mr. Modi resigned his post on June 1," White House spokesman Shin Inouye told CNN. "We deeply appreciate his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors."

According to reports, Penn is scheduled to film another installment of his "Harold and Kumar" movies.

During his time in DC, he was robbed at gunpoint. His wallet and cell phone were stolen, but he was not seriously injured.

Penn was a vocal supporter of then candidate-Obama and often appeared on the campaign trail on Obama's behalf.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

Another resignation, this time Kal Penn, aka Kumar, from the Harold and Kumar installments. "Kumar" was a very vocal supporter of Obama during the Presidential campaign and was ultimately awarded a job with the administration. However, it would seem that Penn is completely disillusioned with the administration and all of their false hope and non-existent chance. Could it be that he is finally seeing that Obama pretty much lied about every single thing he stumped for? I bet he feels like a tool, championing Obama and then watching Obama completely dismiss everything he promised on the stump. Insert foot into mouth.

--airspoon

p.s. - I think the icing on the cake, is that he was robbed at gun point, losing his wallet and cell-phone. It's not that I'm happy he got robbed, but rather that it is a good punctuation to how he was completely fooled by Obama and his brand of "hope" and "change".

[edit on 24-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon\
p.s. - I think the icing on the cake, is that he was robbed at gun point,

In a city known for it's strict anti-gun policies...handguns were illegal in DC, now I think you can own one but it has to be in pieces or some dumb liberal thing...not to mention how it's already illegal to carry a gun without a CCW permit, robbery is illegal, etc. Yet they believe legislation is the answer...

I'll be looking forward to the new Harold & Kumar movie

new topics

join