It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand 4 Suns/2 UFO's in the Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Featured on Thai Channel 7 News

4 Suns in the sky over Si Sa Ket, forming a ring in the sky around our Sol star

2 UFO's hovering and flying over Laem Chabang a port located near Pattaya, about 1 hour from the Capital Bangkok.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Here's the video embedded

What you have there is a classic example of sundogs and the halo phenomena. It is unusually bright for those though....which is actually bizzare.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

[edit on 24/6/2010 by OzWeatherman]

Edit to add, just got why it was so bright. The camera guy was playing with the brightness adjustor on his cam

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Very interesting to see that on a news station. Hmmmm..... thanks for posting that! I don't think translation or subtitles are necessary - the story was pretty clear!

[edit on 6/24/2010 by Tadarida]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The multiple suns, I would credit as Sundogs. The UFO is....just that. A UFO.

Cuhail

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
are they separate incidents?

is there a scientific explanation to the 4 suns phenomenon?

edit:- yea it looks like a sun dog...cheers

[edit on 24/6/10 by FuGGer]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
are they separate incidents?

is there a scientific explanation to the 4 suns phenomenon?

edit:- yea it looks like a sun dog...cheers

[edit on 24/6/10 by FuGGer]

Yes these are two seperate incidents hundreds of miles apart. Si Sa Ket which is where the suns were filmed is in the Esarn (North east) area of Thailand, whereas the UFO's were filmed in the South East of Thailand about 15 KM from the popular resort of Pattaya.

Can someone explain what 'sundogs' are? Sorry for my ignorance! I am not claiming anything by posting the video link, just thought it was interesting.

However, the UFO's were definately flying objects, whether a secret military craft or Extra-Terrestrial, I am not sure? One thing I am sure of is that the Royal Thai Airforce or any other local airforces (i.e. Lao, Myanmar, Vietnamese or Cambodian) have these type of craft either

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
SunDog

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Zeta Reticulan]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Here's the video embedded

What you have there is a classic example of sundogs and the halo phenomena. It is unusually bright for those though....which is actually bizzare.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Edit to add, just got why it was so bright. The camera guy was playing with the brightness adjustor on his cam

You beat me to the answer 'cause I just made a stopover at google images where they have some excellent examples. Sun dogs are my favorite atmospheric phenomena and I've taken photos of them over New Jersey (from Manhattan).

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Sun dogs are an optical phenomenon created when the sun is low on the horizon and its light refracts strangely in the atmosphere, creating the appearance of several suns in the sky.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged

Sun dogs are an optical phenomenon created when the sun is low on the horizon and its light refracts strangely in the atmosphere, creating the appearance of several suns in the sky.

Sundogs do not exclusively happen when the sun is low. They are best observed when the sun is low, though. Its all based on the shape and slant of ice crystals diffracting the light

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
planet x one of its planets enough of the sundog explanations

its really getting old.

the last time you debunkers said sundogs can be foremd only once

this is a SUNDOG

img.dailymail.co.uk...
photography.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Bwang twi schin toa joaw cien show gun choy sun terriaki sow!

Good video. Looked real - except for the sun dogsl

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
planet x one of its planets enough of the sundog explanations

its really getting old.

the last time you debunkers said sundogs can be foremd only once

this is a SUNDOG

img.dailymail.co.uk...
photography.nationalgeographic.com...

WTF?

If its planet x, why are there 2 of them

And, if it was really that close to the sun, then everyone would be able to see it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
HYmm ten posts and already an excellent ufo thread has gone to the dogs....~
The UFO pictures were typical till one gets the good shot....it doesnt last long, but maybe somebody knows how to Grab it and put it in here?
It deserves a decent enlargement too i think....
daylight UFO shots are invaluable.....this would be good to do a group analysis on....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Bwang twi schin toa joaw cien show gun choy sun terriaki sow!

Good video. Looked real - except for the sun dogsl

Sow wow ham noi.....

Wonder what those ufo's where doing around Pattaya? Filthy Exo sex tourists (for those who dony know Pattaya is the place where the dirty sex tourists hang about and prey on the young poor thai girls and think its cool).

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I watched the movie "2010" last night.the 2 suns in the end of the movie kinda reminded me of this whole planet x thing

the second sun in the movie was actually a good thing

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Well....this is just my personal opinion concerning these two phenomena...Although these "sun dogs" are different than the ones in dailymail and national geographic, I think I can interpret them as "new type of sun dogs," so to speak. About the UFO, well .... if a picture or a video were too clear, then it would definitely a fake (being photoshopped or modified in certain ways). If it were blurry or out-of-focus .... well then I could say it must've been a weather balloon, chinese latern, hallucination, or something, but not a UFO.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yep, sundogs, no doubt about that.

it must've been a weather balloon, chinese latern, hallucination, or something, but not a UFO.

You say the flying thing is something, so that means you can't identify it properly. But you say it's not a Unidentified Flying Object ? You see my point or... ?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

lmao....I'm just being sarcastic.
Because as we/I know the majority of people have already forgotten definition of the abbreviation UFO.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by the_0bserver85]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

My bad for not understanding your sarcasm mate
I agree 100% with you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join