It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul And Hitler Belong Together

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Zoooooom.....

Way over their heads.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's not possible because I didn't bother to watch the video.
The title the OP used pretty much ruins any interest that most people would likely have had in watching the video. Sad but true, choose your titles carefully!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

The thread title is the title of the video.

When confronted with a title such as this you should feel compelled to look into it and discover the answer to your reactionary question of: "what the hell?"

Seeking out agreeable titles leaves you open to traps or blind to greater perspective.

But there's a multi-billion dollar industry thriving off of petty choir-preaching so what do I know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah you have a very valid point there.
Usually I don't let that kind of stuff get in the way, but what a flat out ridiculous comparison. I dare say Ron Paul could be more closely linked to Mr. Rogers because they sort of kind of look alike.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I love how people comment without watching the video and realizing the speaker is pointing out the flaws of the traditional left-right spectrum by using that example.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Zoooooom.....

Way over their heads.

Thanks

I knew someone would get it.

In your next post you also got my intent.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Zoooooom.....

Way over their heads.

to some yes,

sad to say as it is books are judged by their cover, and some do take meaning from headlines alone,

but the op knew this man was using whimsicle sarcasm with comments like, "ron paul and hitler are together buddy buddy" the speaker knows how good ron paul is and how bad hitler is. the op knew this but was obviously counting on people to react to this thread before observing the nature of the video, he was in fact counting on those reactions as his following posts revealed, to me this is wrong, worse then sensationalism, like someone said, ego stroking.

the speaker is using ron and hitlers vast difference in that area as a means to point out the futility of lumping people into two categories like left and right, the speakers point? is that stance of thinking and saying things like "a democrat is this or that, or republicans are this and that" is a completely inacurate categorization and as insane as saying hitler and ron paul are alike, because they couldnt be further apart.

at least i made an attempt at accuratly suming up the video for people unlike the OP, i always thought that was the point of what we're doing here, find things show them to others sum up the evidence clearly and provide sources to everything,

it seems the op was only performing some sort of reverse psycology test on peoples knee jerks for his own amusment, what a waste of time we've spent talkin about THAT instead of the whole point to the speech! more effective disinfo in an odd way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join