It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCrystal asked to resign for reasons of National Security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

Looks like Obama fears the opinions of the people and the military.

www.whitehouse.gov...
...And as difficult as it is to lose General McChrystal, I believe that it is the right decision for our national security...I believe that this mission demands unity of effort across our alliance and across my national security team...I’ve just told my national security team that now is the time for all of us to come together.... I look forward to working with General Petraeus and my entire national security team to succeed in our mission...

Sounds like Obama knows he's divisive, and the Nation is splitting apart, not supporting his agenda. He's naming the National Security team repeatedly, as if he knows they're not all supporting him and his plans. If he feels it's time for government to come together, the internal government must be dividing up against Obama. Obama is running scared, he probably is beginning to learn how deep and powerful permanent parts of the government is. Consider the groups that McCrystal ran, that by itself is a group of seriously talented guys nobody wants to mess with. Not even talking about the agencies with secret names or guys with domestic diplomatic immunity.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Followed by this story:
www.foxnews.com...

Acting Director of National Intelligence Resigns, Officials Say
Published June 24, 2010 | Associated Press

The acting director of national intelligence has resigned, effective at the end of August, U.S. officials said Thursday, raising concerns that vacancies in the uppermost ranks of the nation's top spy office could create a security vulnerability if President Barack Obama's nominee for the post isn't confirmed soon.

Obama fired his intelligence director, Dennis Blair, last month. The White House had hoped that Blair would stay on until his successor was confirmed, according to officials familiar with the matter. Blair instead said he would leave the following week on May 28.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
ya see
that's the problem with running a dictatorship,
you NEVER know WHO you can trust with your
backside. Divisive indeed!!! They seem to be
dropping like flies. Hitler had this same
problem once upon a time.

Obama is getting rid of all resistance that
is close to him. Why???? Is he paranoid
of something he knows is coming??? lol

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Kabul circles say the dismissal of US commander was over leaking information including NATO's connection with the executed leader of the Jundallah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi.

US commander General Stanley McChrystal was sacked for acknowledging NATO's connection with the executed leader of the Pakistan-based Jundallah terrorist group, Abdolmalek Rigi.

The move caused a scandal, and a British minister was sacked. In retaliation, London is believed to have released confidential statements by McChrystal to White House officials, paving the way for the commander's removal from his post.

www.presstv.ir...

en.wikipedia.org...

It;s not the president!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by 517.101]

new topics

top topics

join