It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think life most liley exists in our solar system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think it's Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. www.abovetopsecret.com....

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think life would exist in many places within our solar system. Of course I have no proof....just thought.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Even if there is life out there we have to remember it most likely won't be just like our life here. Life on Earth is the way it is because of the way the planet is set up. And the way it was set up back in the day. And Life evolved the way it looks now becasue of certain things happening.

So other life could possibly be very different from us but yet still be life. So we could be looking for the wrong thing when we say life. I understand all life has to follow a certain number of rules and such but hey what do we know we make new discoveries every day.

Just somethign to think about....But yes i believe there could be life out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Sadly, nowhere.

While life can handle some extreme climates here on earth, even the mild climates on other bodies in the solar system are really rough.

Venus has a magnetic field and thick atmosphere (protection from radiation) but is really really hot and full of harsh chemicals that would shred known life.

Mars is chemically and tempurature-wise ok for life but has a thin atmosphere and no magnetic shield to protect the surface from radiation.

The moon just sucks. Nothing really good for life.

Europa is kind of odd, its liquid water and semi-radiation protection due to the thick ice on top, but we have yet to even confirm there is an ocean there under all that ice. It could just be a thin layer of chemical slush.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I reckon, and I might be wrong, that there is life on Earth.
Whether or not it is intelligent is another question.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think that other than Earth... There is life on Mars and Europa, as well as on Triton ( May not have life now but will in the future ). I also believe life way be on the caps of Mercury and in some places on Venus. I see life on other planets different than ours. We have adapted and evolved with OUR environment. Perhaps on some planets life doesn't breath Oxygen and drink water... Maybe the drink Liquid methan or nitrogen or something and breath neon or hydrogen or something. I am almost certain that we will find evidence of Past life on Mars, and believe that there is currently life dwelling in the under-ice oceans of Europa. I have also read something about Neptune possibly being suit for life, but I highly doubt it, for it's atmosphereic pressure is so great, it literally rains diamonds. And it also doesn't have a solid surface.

ME

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
On bases set up by celestials, and in chariots of fire aka ufo's . . .

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well Agent Smith, you beat me to it. Intelligent - Very questionable!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
no life in our solar system except us, life used to exist on mars a really long time ago IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm gonna go way out on a limb and say....................Earth.

I guess I should have read Agentsmiths post before I posted mine. I apologize.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by I See You]

top topics

join