It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual number of sharks near gulf coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Unusual number of sharks near gulf coast

www.cnn.com

It's a video on CNN's website under Breaking News about sharks and other ocean life congregating in unusual numbers in the gulf coast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The guy in the video says the bacteria is consuming the oil and consuming the surrounding oxygen in the ocean driving this wildlife further into shallow waters along the coast.

What further implications could this spill have? I know that there are people who think the spill is really no big deal and that the Earth will fix itself over time by naturally consuming and processing the oil, but maybe oil is under the ground - away from ecosystems - FOR A REASON.

I shudder to think of the long-term ecological impact this disaster will ultimately toll when all is said and done.

If this is true - at face value - then, may The Great Electron help us all. That's really all I can say.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Indeed... This is a wild scenario... But this was expected after all of the other fish congregated in small areas... So much that fisherman would stop out of boredom of catching so many fish...

And so now the predators are moving to where the food is...

But as you indicated.... Now the oxygen depletion will grow exponentially due to the bacteria...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
With sharks moving closer to shore in greater numbers. This may very well become the summer you will never go in the water again.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Moriarty]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Last I heard the Sharks were out yachting.
line 2.

new topics

top topics

join