It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New AREA-51?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Someone said to me and even here, that the new Area-51 had moved to the Dugway Proving Grounds in Utah.

Is this nonsense or true?

Thx.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I dont think they would ever move but then again you never know .

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There was an article in Popular Science maybe 8 or 10 years ago about this.

It wasn't very convincing though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My opinion would be that due to the exposure of Area 51 the super secret latest and greatest technology and/or UFO stuff has been move to another location or locations.

Area 51 is certainly still useful for R & D and testing of aircraft.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Even with all the publicity that Area 51 has earned over the bast few decades, they will never move their most top secret research from here, assuming it ever even was done here.

The sheer massive scale of security controlled area that this base entails and the fact that nobody can even get close enough to look at it through a telescopic lens anymore still makes it a great asset for top secret technology research.

Coupled with the fact that most test flights of aircraft are done at night anyway, the most you will ever catch of something is some lights in the sky.

While i do admit that research of high classification will surely be in progress at other bases, Area 51 will surely always house the most top of top secret.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

i agree, nobody has ever found out anything concrete in regards to area 51.

everything in and around the area will remain secret, if people still dont know anything about it since 1947 why move it now.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokersdelight85
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

i agree, nobody has ever found out anything concrete in regards to area 51.

everything in and around the area will remain secret, if people still dont know anything about it since 1947 why move it now.

There are lots of facts known about Area 51 and its history. Its a misconception to say its totally secret and nothing is known about it.

And the talk about it moving to Utah was total nonsense, a piece of crap article from the mid 90s, where the author was rather clueless and got lost in the desert, confusing a cattle ranch gate with an entrance point for the base, and just assumed that the base was closed, since the cattle ranch gate had a lock on it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Groom Lake is pretty much perfect. They're doing tests on moonless nights in the middle of a mountainous desert. The only risk to secrecy comes from the people involved in the tests, and that's a risk independent of location. That risk is already solved by security screenings and capital punishment for treason. I can't think of any reason to move it.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Jim Wilson went down Mailbox Road and forgot to make a right hand turn down Groom Lake Rd. He ended up at one of the Range 61 gates. It is a live bombing range, so I'm not 100% sure they let cattle on it, but I wouldn't rule it out either.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Isnt it rather sad, and how incompetently researched and written article, has taken on a bigger life even long after it was written?

There could easily be a "sticky" on any area 51 thread here for these two items

1. Area 51 did not move to Utah
2. Green circles are center point irrigation

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There was discussion here in the past about the move to Utah. This facility was NEVER even supposed to exist, remember?. For a while now EVERYONE and their GRANDMA is aware of it. I would say that not relocating the sensitive info and ops would be quite silly given its celebrity status now, right?

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That is another misconception, that Area 51 never officially existed. If you want to learn a lot about the reality of Area 51, go to dreamlandresort.com, and look at the sections regarding the history of the base. Aircraft like HAVE BLUE, F-117, programs like RED EAGLES, RED HAT, CONSTANT PEG, all deeply involve that facility.

And then go read through any of Shadowhawks postings here about the place. He is actually responsible for much of the base history reports on that website, but he has shared a lot of other additional knowledge on here too.

I will say that probably quite a few of you have seen him on television before too if you have watched any programs about area 51/Groom lake. He is more of an historian regarding that slice of military history than anyone else that I know of

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Saw this on UFO Hunters just in the last few weeks, it was a repeat but I had not seen it. Very interesting, something top secret is sure going on there.

This is part 1 of 5, please go to YT link to see the rest if you want.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That show should have been on the SciFi, nee SyFy channel, not the History Channel. That was heavy on the fiction, less on the history.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

Dont know but from what I see the area has to be dry less moister in the air then usual so another desert like location wouldnt suprise me..

darpa999, do you do study threads????

[edit on 6/28/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
That show should have been on the SciFi, nee SyFy channel, not the History Channel. That was heavy on the fiction, less on the history.

Agreed. I watched the entire thing. They had about 5 seconds of footage and the rest was wild supposition, the obligatory spooky music, pretending to discover well-established things as if finding them out for the first time, gross misinterpretation of innocuous things, basically everything you would expect to see in a typical ghost hunting show. "Look, dust! It's ETTTT!@!@!!!@@@@!!!1111!11one!!!!1"
...more or less. There was precisely zero new information in that program. Oh, except they discovered a secret unnamed terminal with planes using a "Janet" call sign, upon "discovery" of which they proceeded to look up the tail numbers and *gasp* they belonged to the government. Breaking news, everyone! Alert the media! /sarcasm

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I guess anything is possible. but that would be really hard for them to do with out having some sort of underground transportation device to move all the highly secretive stuff from one place to another.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sm0kinGuns

piece of cake

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The base they don't want you seeing is Hanscom in Massachusetts. You can check out all these supposedly "secret" bases using free satellite software. Not Hanscom. shhhh

new topics

top topics

join