It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran produces 17 kg of enriched uranium

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Iran produces 17 kg of enriched uranium

www.presstv.ir

Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi says Tehran has produced over 17 kg (37.5 lb) of 20 percent-enriched uranium.

"With regards to enrichment, Iran can enrich uranium to any percentage, and this is a legal right for the country," Salehi told ISNA on Wednesday.

The AEOI head added, "Iran will enrich uranium to 20 percent according to its needs…up until now we have produced 17 kg (37.5 lb) of 20 percent-enrich uranium and we could potentially produce 5 kg
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is Iran boasting about their highly enriched uranium. Could they have picked a worse time to be doing this? This is considered highly enriched, as anything 20% and above is highly enriched uranium.

Even if the US or Israel were to bomb their nuclear sights, they most likely wouldn't get the uranium that has already been enriched, making their bombing run pretty much pointless for the excuse that will be used. Unfortunately, to rid Iran of any possibility of having nuclear weapons, you would have to start a ground war. A simple bombing run like Israel did in Iraq, won't work. Is this why Iran is boasting about their enriched uranium, to maybe thwart a bombing and buy time?

--airspoon

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Why the hell are Iran saying this now? With the gears of war speading up and Israeli psyops on the up!

Maybe if the "others" beleive Iran now has enriched uranium then technicly they could have a nasty retaliation gift to hand back to Israel and the USA thus putting off any strike that may be looming.

Same as North Korea. Now they have Nuke capabilitys the USA wont touch them and the NK have pretty much free reign to do as they please.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

NK has free reign to do as they please? You mean living in a third world, type of society where electricity only can be run on and off for sometimes only minutes a day, if at all. Then ya NK has us by the balls.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Iran says it now because they want to make themselves feel strong XD

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think youve missed the intent here airspoon, i believe that if and when they actually bomb iran, they will be doing the biggest shock and awe run yet.
They would first bomb the fighter and missle bases, radars, and military bases of the IRG, any vessels the navy has theyll try to take out as well....
After that theyll go for bridges,power plants,railroads, and other infrastructure as well as the nuke sites....
I believe they pretty much plan to turn irans industrial strength into rubble before they will be satisfied that iran cannot rise to threaten their plans in the near furture...say 25-50 yrs....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Good for Iran. They need this stuff to fuel nuclear power plants. Their oil isn't going to last for ever.

Why can't the world be happy for them instead of all gearing up for war? When was the last time Iran invaded another country? Oh yeah, Iraq. Not so different from us after all.

Iran is a beautiful country. I was on google maps today checking out photos around Iran and wow, very pretty place.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Actually their "presentation" is faulty and stupid for a country
that has always denied their nuclear intentions.

Can you say bombs away?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Gee Sus

And so the Games continue....

Tie this in with America possibly needing Iran's Oil more because of the spill and you have yourself a decent conspiracy.

I feel like I'm stuck in Playstation Game....... can someone please push the Exit Button!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Ok i should of said the NK government. They dont give a crap for the people. The USA wont do jack against them as they have bad ass weapons of mass destruction

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Its been proven that hydrocarbon fuel is produced by mother earth constantly.deep within her innards....thats what the runnaway well tapped into!
It will NEVER run out.....
Theres no need for all this peak oil fighting and politics.
Its all a sham!
Ironic isnt it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

When was the last time Iran invaded another country? Oh yeah, Iraq. Not so different from us after all.

well actually Iraq invaded Iran first...Iran never did start even 1 war in their history.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

What are you smoking and why aren't you sharing?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yeah good for Iran... One step closer to the edge.

The world learned this game with North Korea. We want nuclear power for peaceful purposes...

Hey Iran, send a few more boats toward Israel while your at it...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Iran are trying to sucker the west into a war...

Iran knows the west WILL NOT win another war in todays climate.

The west knows this too.. which is why they are trying told hold back Israel.

Israel, doesnt care.. infact, they will blackmail the US into a war...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Iran is announcing this today because back on feb 8th 2010 they announced that they would start enriching uranium to 20% This information released today shows that they have done what they said. They've not gone beyond what they declared they would do. Nuclear weapons use uranium that's enriched 80%
I found the following information at the CFR site, yes the evil Council on Foreign Relations.

Top of the Agenda: Iran to Announce Enriched Uranium Plans Iran will inform the International Atomic Energy Agency about its plans (NYT) to enrich uranium for use in a medical reactor, heightening international tensions over its nuclear ambitions. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ordered his atomic scientists to begin enriching the stockpile. Ali Akbar Salehi, head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization, said the uranium would be enriched to 20 percent, and Iran would halt the production if it received enriched fuel from abroad. Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said the process does not contradict (PRESSTV) the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. Previously, Salehi announced plans to build ten new enrichment plants, which would begin on March 21. It is unclear whether Iran is capable of enriching uranium to 20 percent or building ten new plants, since in the past it has had difficulty obtaining materials from abroad. Iran currently (Reuters) enriches uranium to 3.5 percent. A nuclear bomb would require 80 percent or more.

www.cfr.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I tend to agree .

I have felt for a very long time now that Iran wants to be attacked as it truly sees any such attack as Israel's and the U.S.A's downfall .

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I don't think that Iran wants war. Iran would not benefit from a war, regardless of whether they win or not. However, the western and world banks will benefit no matter who fights or who wins. In fact, the only people who will benefit, are those beating the drums of war.

--airspoon

[edit on 24-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Everything seems to be going according to plan, unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

Yes but there is this:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page last updated at 12:41 GMT, Thursday, 11 February 2010

"He added: "They all know that right now in Natanz, we have the capacity to enrich uranium at high levels."

"We have the capacity to enrich above 20, even 80%. But because we have no need, we won't do that."

"In a confidential report to member states, seen by news agencies, IAEA chief Yukiya Amano said Iran's output of up to 20% enriched uranium would remain modest."

"But experts say Iran could convert a stockpile of 20% enriched uranium to weapons grade material within six months."

"The nation is already subject to UN sanctions because of its nuclear programme."

Source: news.bbc.co.uk...

Which means by August 2010, Iran could have weapons grade material ready. And just "coincidently", the situation in the Gulf is scheduled to be completed with the drilling of two relief wells in August 2010. This gives even more credibility to my theory posted here on ATS previously, Iran and the BP Connection, was it Sabotage?

[edit on 24-6-2010 by manta78]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join