It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it required for military men/women to wear full uniform

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
while they are on duty or a mission in Iraq or Afghanistan.....

The only reason I ask I was on MSNBC and they have a picture up and one of the men in the pic was wearing shorts and sandals, is that normal or are they required to wear their full uniform just like the other men in the picture when they are on duty or on a mission they haver......

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by usaman1983]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If I were to guess he was on base and heard casualties were coming in so he put on his armor and went out to help.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I clicked the photo and it appears it is a stock photo because they linked it to the Petraeus/McChrystal ordeal. It doesn't look like it has a caption, or it might, but It's not linked to the article and I don't have time to find it.
I will tell you from my experiences in Iraq that judging by what these servicemembers are wearing, they are not on a mission, but ran to help after an attack.
They are wearing their flak vest and helmets to protect themselfs from other attacks. And the person on the left without his BDU top appears that he ran out of his office or quarters to assist with the wounded. (While inside on duty, in your own work station, you can take your top off).
The person to the right wearing exwercise gear (PT gear) either was just exercising or he did have time off because over there, PT gear is considered lounge gear.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
ROFLMFAO

Is all that marching about necessary? Yes sure it is, it shows me how normal everyday people can be made to look like fools while being paid killers.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
Is all that marching about necessary? Yes sure it is, it shows me how normal everyday people can be made to look like fools while being paid killers.

And once again we get a response from the "I hate the US military" peanut gallery.

When you're not on duty, you can either wear your uniform or PT gear (Shorts, tshirt, running shoes). In some places of the AOR, you still carry your weapon 24/7.

top topics

join