It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury: Philly can't evict scouts for no-gays rule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Jury: Philly can't evict scouts for no-gays rule

abclocal.go.com

PHILADELPHIA - June 23, 2010 -- The city of Philadelphia cannot evict a local Boy Scouts chapter from a city-owned building for refusing to admit gays, a federal jury ruled Wednesday. The city had insisted that nonprofits given free use of its property must abide by local anti-discrimination laws, which include equal protection for gays. But the jury found the city's reason violated the local scout council's First Amendment rights. "We do hope that eventually national (Boy Scouts of America) will change its minds. But at this point, the Cradle of Liberty (Council) is still obligated to foll
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I’m sure my OP will infuriate the gay rights movement but, Yeaaaaaaaa! The citizens of America are beginning to remove the wool from their eyes. I wouldn’t want some pervert priest, scout master, or fellow boy scout or parent their of, oogling my son in a shower, canoe or tent. There is a sexual attraction going on here. Anyone denying it is lying. This is the exact same reason why boys are separate from the girls in locker rooms, and bathrooms. If homosexuals want to have their own groups to journey to the great outdoors, I’m sure they will form them. In the mean time the homosexual society needs to stop hating (remember the 80 year old lady that was beaten up by the gay rights activates in L.A.) the heterosexual community, and stop these frivolous lawsuits.

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Good for the city, BSA shouldn't discriminate against gays. Just because you're a gay boy doesn't mean you will do anything to another boy. It's like implying that heterosexuals go around raping the other sex.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Private organization have every right to set the standards for their membership. Mensa exclude 98% of the population based on a number of standard tests which are measures of intelligence. There are gay clubs that exclude heterosexuals. It's all legal.

The Boy Scouts are being targeted because they support traditional values that include wholesomeness, and a number of other attributes, such as belief in a higher being.

This is too much for the Left and the gay thing is the hot button issue they choose use to disparage an institution as great as the Boy Scouts.

Gay kids can establish their own Scout program and exclude kids who are heterosexual or at least have not established their own sexual identity.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
How ironic that BSA's membership continues to decline due to the youth of today viewing scouting as "gay", as in not cool.
Does BSA believe in karma?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Gay kids can establish their own Scout program and exclude kids who are heterosexual or at least have not established their own sexual identity.

The Gay Scouts of America? Would their uniforms be fuchsia? Ascots instead of scarfs? What would be their oath?

"On my honor, I will do my best to pitch a hissy fit whenever I see fit, and to obey Scout law only if you promise to spank me if I disobey, and I will keep my self physically effete and mentally limp, and never, ever straight"

Maybe Perez Hilton could be Scout Master.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I agree with BSA as it is thier rules and charter set forth when they were founded. The "gay" community doesn't like it but thats just to bad. Orginizations have thier rules of conduct along with what and who they will accept in the org. Our orginization also has its restrictions and I'm sure there would be those that say its discrimination and yes it is. We do not allow all life styles either. We do not allow smoking, alcohol or illegal drug usage. So its not just BSA that says no to people with a life style that is deemed by the org. considered not to be in thier (the org's) best interest.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by pstrron]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I grow weary of the homosexual community trying to make statements rather than simply living life. The BSA are entitled to exclude gays becuse they believe i to be immoral. Why would a gay force his way into that organization knowing that they look down on him because of his percieved immorality? To make a statement. It's ok to be gay and it needs to be right in front of oyur face and if you don't support homosexuality something is wrong with you. I'm sick of it.

It's a private club. Start your own organization. Fanny packs.... lol

Leave the BSA alone. They have their own moral code and homosexuality isn't and never will be a part of it. Deal with it. I don't care what anyones sexual preference is, but don't force it down peoples throats.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Private organization have every right to set the standards for their membership. Mensa exclude 98% of the population based on a number of standard tests which are measures of intelligence. There are gay clubs that exclude heterosexuals. It's all legal.

The Boy Scouts are being targeted because they support traditional values that include wholesomeness, and a number of other attributes, such as belief in a higher being.

This is too much for the Left and the gay thing is the hot button issue they choose use to disparage an institution as great as the Boy Scouts.

Grady, we seldom agree on this site, but I think you've hit the nail on the head.

I'd just like to add that the Boy Scouts are for kids, what the hell is any sexual agenda of any kind doing in the scouts for crying outloud? What's next, gay and lesbian pre-schools? Puberty is a tough enough time without some politically driven sexual agenda being tossed around to demonize the Boy Scouts.
Call me homophobic if you like, but what happens in your bedroom needs to damned well stay there and it has no place in politics or organizations for children. Would you be equally upset if they were trying to push the Boy Scouts into allowing laytex fetish or BD/SM members in?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That's kind of funny because I always thought those teenage boy scout kids were pretty gay themselves.

But in all serious-ness, doesn't bother me. Why would it? I don't like the boy scouts because the force religion on impressionable children. Nothing to do with their stance on gays.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I could not have said this any better. The gay community continues to force their immorality with an "in your face attitude." Thank you all for your input.
Morality is waking up.

new topics

top topics

join