It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Sun activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Unknown Sun activity

www.washingtonpost.com

But for the past two years, the sunspots have mostly been missing. Their absence, the most prolonged in nearly 100 years, has taken even seasoned sun watchers by surprise. "This is solar behavior we haven't seen in living memory," says David Hathaway, a physicist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The wheels keep turning as 2012 approaches...I think personally if anything does happen etc. its going to include some kind of play from our sun,its recent activity has me digging daily and waiting until this happens from our sun. www.youtube.com...
I hate to be one of those people but i meen...

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
How long have we been watching the sun close enough to see change?Not long enough to know if this is normal.We as a people are insignificant in the life of the sun ,a bee's dick .Now if the sun sends some large energy burst our way prepare to give up your modern ways.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by failuretochange

The article talks more about climate change than anything else. It does not talk about sudden changes or catastrophes, but long term effects on weather by making small changes in mean temperature.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is not breaking news, check out my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

either that or.. this!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
but wasn't there a HUGE CME last week sometime?

it was like an isolated blast out of a quiet gun.

or something like that.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
WTF!?
We have just had several different agenciers and scientists balbberibng about a giant sun spot knocking out our infrastructure ie the whole darn electrical system from satlites to power poles!
NOW we are gonna have REDUCED activity?
Sheesh! its all speculation!
The truth.....NOBLODYBODY knows yet whatll happen!
But the reduced years of way back there must be an indication...itll get cooler...how much?cant say yet!
jeeeeese

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The needed energy to essentially superheat the planet would need to be like a planet falling into the sun. I don't think you realize the immense gravity of the sun.

They have videos of literally Multiple sized Jupiter sized bursts from the sun, essentially being sucked in due to gravity. If you want something like that to happen to the sun, you are going to need one freaking massive bomb.

new topics

top topics

join