It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros tells Germany to step up to its responsibilities, or leave EMU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Soros may be rich and powerful but he has no business criticizing Germany's Economic policy while Soros is heavily shorting the Euro.

His comments are more likely intended to bring down the Euro even more to further enrich George Soros.

Germany has raised the bar for every eurozone country by announcing €80bn of belt-tightening from next year.

Soros is saying that Germany should spend freely, and throw money at the economic crisis.

However, at a time of economic crisis the German austerity policy makes a lot of sense.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/7849965/Soros-tells-Germany-to-step-up-to-its-responsibilities-or-leave-EMU.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

This story should have legs. Soros issuing orders to a sovereign nation. Man did Europe mess up. Look at how Greece has been stripped of its sovereignty for all intents and purposes. Soros is getting old. He may have goals before his death.

Soros is also at the end of many trails leading to Obama, the Chicago Carbon Exchange and the Goldman Sachs crowd. Soros may be the most dangerous man on earth these days and most people don't even recognize his name. Hardly a day goes by his name does not pop up in something freaky.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Soros definitely seems to be involved in just about every policy issue not only in the US but the EU as well. Hopefully Germany will ignore Soros and do what is best for them.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't think Germany is going to have a bit of trouble leaving the EMU. They and Russia have had some big plans for a while now about a new currency to rival the Euro, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they weren't instrumental in the Euro's recent decline and destabilization. I think Soros is feeling threatened. Yep. Yep I do.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
BILLIONAIRE SOROS 'IN A PLOT TO SINK EURO'

THE BILLIONAIRE who bought the pound to its knees in 1992 has been accused of being part of a plot to cash in on the fall of the euro.

George Soros, of investment firm Soros Fund Management, is reported to have taken part in an ‘idea dinner’ with some of Wall Street’s most powerful figures on February 8 to discuss the likelihood of the euro plunging in value to the level of the US dollar.

Now they stand to make millions after huge bets were placed on the currency’s continuing decline.

Soros, BP and Obama: Singing From the Same Hymnal

Lobbying records show the company backing solar subsidies including federal funding for solar research. The U.S. Export-Import Bank, a federal agency, is currently financing a BP solar energy project in Argentina. 

BP also employs lobbying firm, the Podesta Group. That would be the same John Podesta who runs the Center for American Progress—a George Soros funded left wing think tank.

This guy is into everything.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Soros and Petrobras

Last August, the U.S. Export-Import Bank issued a "preliminary commitment" letter to Brazil's state-run Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion, with the promise of more to follow. Why are we lending billions to a foreign oil company that made $15 billion last year?

These taxpayer dollars finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Apparently there are no pristine beaches full of tourists there. Someday we may be importing that oil we're helping Brazil get at.

Has that letter been rescinded as part of the moratorium? Why are Brazil's offshore fields safe but ours aren't?

Amazing how many of the topics we discuss here lead back to this man.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yep. And let's be sure to mention for all the masses here that the BP lobbyist, Tony Podesta is John Podesta's brother, who as we remember is the person who headed Obama's transition team.
Washington Examiner

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who in the f--- does Soros think he is? Oh wait, I know... God! Mankind would benefit greatly from this man's death! He has done more to enslave third world labor, steal the wealth from the first world middle class and destroy national sovereignty for countless nations. How is this man still alive?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Soros and Petrobras

Last August, the U.S. Export-Import Bank issued a "preliminary commitment" letter to Brazil's state-run Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion, with the promise of more to follow. Why are we lending billions to a foreign oil company that made $15 billion last year?

These taxpayer dollars finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Apparently there are no pristine beaches full of tourists there. Someday we may be importing that oil we're helping Brazil get at.

Has that letter been rescinded as part of the moratorium? Why are Brazil's offshore fields safe but ours aren't?

Amazing how many of the topics we discuss here lead back to this man.

Well, if they want to send us 2 billion dollars, ok. We will take it. Could help complete the 225 billion dollars Petrobras plans to invest till 2014.

As for our offshore drilling being safer, I wouldn't say it is safer. Although Petrobras is the leading oil explorer in the world in deep water exploration as well as the pioneer in deep water exploration, with wells deeper than Deepwater Horizon, using technologies it has developed on its own. 87% of Brazil's oil comes from offshore drilling, so there are decades of experience in doing it.

Back to this Soros fella, I never heard that name before and this week I have been hearing it and reading it way too many times.

I wouldn't go as far as to say he is one of the most dangerous man on Earth today, because if he is showing up so much, then he is the front man. Either way, he has his own agenda and people like that never say what they mean.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

To understand the Soros agenda, look at Soros' list of political contributions to US politics, hundreds of thousands all to Democrats and one contribution to a Republican, $1000 to John McCain!

George Soros Political Contributions

new topics

top topics

join