It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe never ending....How can this be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hi All!

Will try again to provide insights how the transfinite is connected to zero (0) and one (1), i.e., what physicists mean if they say "infinite" or "nothing", "vacuum":

Draw an "infinite" line and chose an arbitrary distance on it marking these points with 0 and 1.

...______0________________1_________....

Now draw a semicircle onto this line with center-point in the middle of 0 and 1.

. .
. .
. .
. .
. .

How many points are on this finite part of the "infinite" line between 0 and 1?
How many points are on the "infinite" line?

The number of points of the finite part of the "infinite" line are EQUAL to the "infinite" line. (just connect each point of the semi-circle with the "infinite" line)

And ALL "infinite" points are EQUAL to 1... (just connect the center point with the semi-circle and the "infinite" line)

. . .
. .
. .
. .
. .

Accordingly, QUESTION is not "infinite", "zero", or "1", but what we mean if we say "infinite", "zero", or "1"...

Illustrated details still available at [email protected]
Continued kind regards, T.Y.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I don't know the true facts but if it was still expanding what would be where the universe isn't yet? Even space is something. So it must be neverending in all directions.

I think it is the "space" that is actually expanding . Everything couldn't move away from everything else without filling in the gap somehow .

I do believe in a moment of creation , whether it be Scientific or divine in nature I would prefer not to debate . There was a start , and it's getting bigger . We can't see the edge of whatever may or may not encompass our universe , but I think it's getting bigger from the inside out , kind of unraveling .... and if it has a limit it's not there yet .

Thoughts ?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I feel blessed to know that someday I will be able to explore this entire universe, and also know what lies beyond it. How do I know this the Bible tells me so.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I also drew this while pondering the meaning of life. Feel free to compliment.

Lamb stew ?

Avoiding one liner penalty , saving up for secret forum ...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nothing is something.

Maybe our whole concept of "beginning" and "end"
are too simplistic.

Maybe we are too simple to understand it.

Some people see the END as a Border, or wall.
Some people see the END as a function of time, as in, Times up.

But maybe they are the same.
When the End is near, time is up...and I mean that literally..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My definition of the word "universe" includes the infinite expanse of nothingness people keep refering to, as well as all the "somethingness" that exists within it. Lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The universe might as well be a sphere. That's the only way we, humans, can comprehend infinite.

Bing, Bing, Bing!!!

(just as an FYI, I didn't need it explained, hehe..., I just still think it's a double standard to believe in a finite universe and infinite nothingness coexisting.... Certainly plausible, but a double standard nonetheless...)

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Let's say that the universe is expanding in all directions as in many posts. What is where the universe has yet to expand to? Emptiness? What would emptiness be? Some say nothing and some say something yet some say you can't have something and nothing together. This post is getting harder to understand as it goes...lol. Even if was round as some are saying...like before what is on the outside? Basically I'm saying that it is inconcievable that it can go on forever with no end which means where would the epicenter be? There would be no center of the universe if it indeed never ended. Weird.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
Let's say that the universe is expanding in all directions as in many posts. What is where the universe has yet to expand to? Emptiness? What would emptiness be?

Well, one theory has it that there are different levels of vacuum. For instance, you have vacuum without matter, which is what we normally think of. However, there could also be vacuum without energy, i.e. no light. Perhaps the "edge" of our universe is the interface between energy-containing vacuum and non-energy-containing vacuum. There could even be another interface within that one where matter begins to appear. So, really the question is "what is the universe?" How do you define it? Is it a construct containing all matter? all energy? What is "everything?"

Frankly, though, the answer is "nobody knows." We have much to learn.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join