It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil Spill is a Good Thing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LordTacos

It's not good, but have you (all of you) stopped to even think about how many lives have been killed through war??!! over oil??!!! We need to get off of it, people need to realize how perfectly it is tied into greed and corruption! We need to stop our dependence on oil, and not many people could realize this if there wasn't a disaster like this to make us think twice about how we are killing the planet!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

I have thought about those who are dying in our pointless wars when we can easily be searching for better energy methods. I don't agree with those wars but I am in no position to be able to change anything myself and I doubt anyone would really want to listen to me since I have no education on such things. I don't agree with completely stopping oil production now for those who are actually keeping their platforms in perfect order because, most likely, those won't have any problems for the coming years. If we were to completely shut off these sources right now it would likely toss us into an energy crisis due to us not having any backup plans that are good enough to produce the energy we consume. One of my ideas is, I think we could probably find a way to make hemp an energy source and should research into that as quickly as we can while this disaster is still going on so while we work on stopping this we can switch over effectively.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

See the sheer magnitude of devastation caused by this would normally lead me to agree with you. But unfortunately you need to take a look at the bigger picture and stop to see where we are. If we weren't more or less at a point of no return I would say that the destructions of our oceans and the upheaval of our fellow countrymen would not, in any fashion, be worth it. But we are teetering on the edge of an unfathomable abyss, and at this junction we need something relatively large to jumpstart us into action.

^^^
AND I wrote that while I was drunk

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl

But this too is a divine plan,

Every bit of life that died from this did it for us!

Our human brains can't even fathom the divine structure from which we live, our brains just aren't capable...

This experience is necessary for our growth and evolution in the divine scheme of things. Without massive catastrophes how would we learn? How would we grow? How could we get to the next stage of human evolution if everything stayed the same? How could we really appreciate anything?

Maybe this spill will make people realize how precious our oceans really are how the drilling, and the giant Texas sized trash pile have all been created from GREED.

So, I am glad this happened, and I thank ALL the people and animals who have lost their lives because of this, This is the real war and its the fight for evolution

I really don`t know where to begin .....

a divine plan

the divine structure

.....our growth and evolution in the divine scheme of things.

.....the next stage of human evolution

This is the real war and its the fight for evolution

Its too easy to shift this catastrophe into the realm of the supernatural , it absolves some people of any sense of responsibility ........ and in your bizarre case - comforts !
This example of an extreme external locus of control, represents to my mind , an element of human culture which is massively detrimental to our species and environment.

No supernatural force is coming to save the day ..... and this is the only life we get. imho.

Now before you remind me of what a nice person you are , let me say this ....

I actually do believe you are at heart a `good` person ........ and that is what frightens me the most !

“Religion is an insult to human dignity.
With or without it, you’d have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”
~ Steven Weinberg

[edit on 23-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
its a good thing just like overdosing on really good junk is a good thing.

hopefully, if it doesnt kill you, it wakes you up to the depths of your addiction.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I agree with you that tragedy can bring about evolution and growth. When my father died 3 years ago for instance. The horror and depression bought about changes in me. I grew stronger as a person. Mentally I felt I could deal with anything after having dealt with death on such a personal level. What else can phase you after watching your own father slowly die in front of you? Mentally I feel I am now stronger. I just enjoy life now, for good or ill. Priorities change also. Family becomes the most important thing, money, luxuries, none of that bothers me much. Easy come, easy go.

But I'm not jumping on your bandwagon entirely here OP. Because an evolution of mind bought about by a single tragedy does still not justify the death of millions, animal or human. Death is a necessary part of life, one we must all face in the end, whatever form it takes. But to call death a good thing? To call this oil spill travesty a good thing? Hmmm, I'm not so sure. Would I change my fathers death if I could? No. Because I realise that life isn't fair. The best laid plans will always go awry and fate and destiny rarely conform to your own personal ideas about what the future will have in store for you. That much I know. It would still be nice to have him around though... So now I suffer no illusions of grandeur, I expect little and ask for less, everything else is just a bonus. But when all's said and done what I've described is my own personal evolution. People should really be in no rush to expand the horizons of their worldly experience in this way. Death is a harsh life lesson to learn.

So personally, from the "spiritual growth" standpoint you seem to be taking on this disaster, I believe that there are far smoother paths toward enlightenment, none of them involving the death and heartache of potentially millions. Tragedy is an avenue towards "aspects" of spiritual growth. But it's not the only one. And while you didn't wish suffering upon anyone in the post, you implyed it by declaring that tragedy was a good thing. People will always suffer from disaster. Your view seems rather "Nihlistic" in it's approach. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything," as a line from Fight Club goes. Yes, I believe enlightenment is possible through suffering. But the end rarely justifies the means.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Berry, I am 52 years old and have seen much in my time. For many, many years some people have tried to convince the rest of the world about the horrors of pollution, in the water, in the air, even in our food. It was too far from the average every day life of most people. It didn't effect them directly so they didn't worry about. For some they felt there wouldn't be devestation in their lifetime or even that of their children's.

Ever since I was a child I had a deep respect for the earth and it's flora and fauna. I have cherished the beauty and mystery of life, nature, and wildlife. Growing up, I have see
n more buildings and less trees and grasses. I have seen where many families had one car and now everyone in the family has a car of their own. When factories where booming in our country, I saw and smelled the pollution in the air from their chemicals. This I knew would lead us into something terribly wrong.

I didn't understand why things were the way they were. sadly, as I grew older I learned that greed, power and a lack of conscience came into play from those who could get away with it. And get away with it they did.

The common man became frustrated and felt there was nothing that they could do, so thats what they did NOTHING!

I believe that now yes, more people will wake up, but...are there enough? Is it too little too late? Will most people still tune out the chaos that is our reality and stay safe and cozy in their little bubbles? I don't know. If each and every one of us makes an effort to wake up more of the sleepers, perhaps we'll stand a chance.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

i know it can
i know it will

i totally understand what you are saying!

the problem is that not very many people are as able to be dispassionate and optimistic at the same time - they cannot see beyond the now and even later on, they might never be able to see how good comes from everything, whether "good" or "bad" when it's taking place!

you probably already have some sort of an idea, if not an actual vision, of what will come to pass, from these awful times that we are going through right now, because i do.

i know it will be a better world
but then again, right now it sucks!
i cry every day and even knowing what i've been shown about the future, i still feel like my heart is breaking.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well i would have prefer not to evolve and learn whatever it is to learn about this disaster.

If we are to evolve living events like this to be supreme beings,we're not outta the woods !

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I think you are in a deep 'sleep' walk online, that's what I think. No person or animal gave thier life, it was taken from them by some idiots pumping oil at 5000 feet below the surface of the ocean! I'm sure if they had a voice the dead would say they would rather be alive awhile longer to enjoy thier stay on earth. According to your logic, if there was a world wide nuclear war (WW3), everyone would be happy and at peace. I guess maybe it's possible some crazy fok out there might like the sensation of 500 RADS or more an hour and thier skin bubbling red. Oh, and no world war in the past ever brought about world peace, not for long. The world always goes back to it's old ways and starts another war to boost economies. Death for more $$$. Mankind will not change over tragedies, we just change direction. That's your wake up call.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by KrispyB]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Rahm, is that you? Can't let a good crisis go to waste, can we?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

What?! The Sleeper has awoken?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I was told by a dear Cosmic Brother that we all need to pay close - attention to the environment and this was a message sent to me online a month or two before the disaster.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I am not sure what to say here. On one hand the I guess I understand what you are trying to get across, but on the other hand I don't know if you thought this out before starting this thread. You could have the made your point in a different way. I understand that people have a right to express themselves anyway they want. I just don't think you took enough time to think about it before you started this thread.All I can say is good luck.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by berrygurrl
This might come to most as a shock but the Oil spill is a good thing.

I honestly believe that change is good, on all accounts.

Think back to 9/11....Do you realize that it raised our consciousness? That tragic event brought people together, people were kind to each other, that event united us for a short lived time.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by berrygurrl]

This oil spill was probably planned as not being a good thing so that Obama and his New World Order W*nkers can push through the climate bill and Carbon Tax Bill!

Yes, that is a meme. Anyone have even a shred of evidence to support such an oft-repeated claim?

I have yet to see it yet.

Although,it IS indeed a great way to distract from all the actual evidence that show BP, Transocean and Halliburton, as well as a myriad of corrupt government agencies are more than likely the actual culprits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join