It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture: Disturbing new photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
earthobservatory.nasa.gov...

if some one can post that photo in this thread thatd be great and easier i just dont know how to. WOW amazing photograph... DISTURBING, CRAZY, F*CKED UP photo...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Oh dear god, that is awful. Has it hit Cuba yet?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This photo was posted on another thread and I think the consensus was that sunlight reflecting off the water is making it look worse, but I don't know it looks pretty bad to me!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes, it is sunlight reflecting, but it's reflecting off of the sheen. Normal ocean satellite images do not reflect like that. What you're seeing is truth. Yes it has made it's way to Cuba and already being discussed HERE.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, i just found this, not sure about the source.

There are now reports of an oil sheen just offshore of Cuba. This implies the oil has reached the southeastern extent of the loop current and could continue east through the Florida straights

Link

We were told months ago that if it reached the current it would hit the east coast pretty quickly. I guess in the next month or 2, the east coast people can expect to start seeing oil off their shores. Maybe sooner.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Under Water]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I just asked my wife to lift the toilet seat, Retch/gag/wheeze/
I have been following this since day one and just started posting this week although I joined over a year ago.
What brought me out of my "lurker mode"?
That picture says it all!
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The gulf is so screwed. The top slick alone covers atleast a third of the gulf!
I would really hate to see what it looks like under all that sheen.
I am sorry, but there is no way I am eating anything that comes out of that chemical nightmare. That looks worse than a mud puddle in a busy parking lot!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Feel free to add comments and opinions in the existing thread on this topic, found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you,

Closed.

top topics

join