It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Meat Hamburgers served at Arizona Restaurant.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This reminds me of the exotic dining in the movie "The Freshman". Is that really a Kimodo Dragon you're eating? Tastes a little like chicken eh?

Maybe this guy is just pulling a fast one to get some PR in true Marlon Brando style. Otherwise, if the meat was being wasted anyway why not process it. Would I eat it? No thanks.

Sounds bad but waste not want not. I used to work for the local county highway dept. when I was in college and whenever we had a fresh deer strike we knew just who to call.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I'd eat it. Never tried lion.

Why are people protesting anyway?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I've never had lion but I have eaten rattlesnake, frog, shark, buffalo, deer, turtle and a few other pretty obscure things. From the wealth of my culinary experiences allow me to offer you the best advice on this issue that I can.

Don't drop $21.00 on this burger, it probably tastes just like chicken.

[edit on 6/24/10 by Hefficide]

[edit on 6/24/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Damn food Nazi's protesting this establishment. The freakin lions weren't captured on the African plains then shipped over here. Farm-raised, just like deer, elk, and practically every other animal slotted for human consumption.
Personally though, I have no interest in eating a cat of any kind.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Um, yeah. I can't remember a predator that I've eaten that tastes good. Bear? Bah. Haven't had snake but Crocodile Dundee says it gives one gas.

This was my first thought. Carnivores usually don't taste to great. But bear isn't to bad, probably because it's an omnivore and eats both meat and plant. All depends on the primary diet of whatever bear you're eating. Generally speaking, meat eaters aren't good eating.

I'd still give lion a try, it's probably pretty lean meat at the very least.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
My husband has said that if we didn't eat cows, they'd only be found in zoos.

That might very well be true aside from milk, but then again we'd only be replacing it with more birds most likely.

What I have a beef with....did I just type that?....is the fact that this lion was not raised for its meat, but rather the meat was a byproduct of another use, which I would disagree with. I would agree to eating lion meat in general if the lions were really raised for that purpose.

I don't disagree, but one has to wonder what comes of the animals that aren't purchased for meat. I'd imagine they are thrown away.

I was always under the impression that one shouldn't wear fur that they didn't kill themselves, if at all. I think we are advanced enough to make things that are better insulators, or at least the same, as fur.

So much of what humans consume is based on their culture, which could be of time as well as place. I have a cookbook which includes some animals I only associate as roadkill nowadays. And just the other day our car was on a collision course with a large, tasty to me but not to my husband, rattler as it was trying to cross the road....it was able to live another day, but I had already been salivating and thinking of how to prepare it.

I've never had snake, but do enjoy a wider array of animals than the average joe. I agree culture is at the heart of what we eat and America has become sick for that very reason.

In that, our culture is sick, overall I'd suggest; at least in terms of food culture. With the crimes committed daily in regards to the American food culture, eating a few lions seems rather tame.

Peace
KJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join