It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Village of the Dead!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
nice find and very well presented i may add.

oh the mysteries,what are they really?
for meditating in i wonder if they resonate
to a mantra when spoken?

have they been found on google earth to see
if there is any alignment to the stars?
s & f for your efforts.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
what an amazing find!!!
I'm gonna go with the prevailing opinion that these are ceremonial /right of passage/ascension to another level , transformation machines ,if you will.

no bodies means not for burial, so many could mean that one was required to have a new unused on to carry out whatever it is they were doing

just a thought

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I also hail from South India. I recently read a report in one of the Tamil magazines that very similar site is existing in Tamilnadu also near Thiruvannamalai, which is known for Siddhas and mystries.

Many researchers / foreigners visiting Thiruvannamalai are visiting this site on top of a mountain but the local archeology dept is ignoring the site.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
wow these look a lot like the dolmens that are dotted around ireland, I wonder if there is a connection between irelands first inhabitants and india, I know that the gaelic languge has a lot on similarities with sanskrit,

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thanks kiwi. You have brought many new and interesting fact tidbits about the world to my attention, like these you presented in this thread.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A great post Kiwi, I'm wondering if they could be a simlar thing to stonehenge or other man made stone formations? Perhaps they have a more spiritual meaning rather than a burial ground. Perhaps for worship, shrines or meditation?

It doesn't strike me as a place of death, but a place that once had great significance and importance, a busy place.

What amazes me the most is these structures were created by people who had NO cranes, bulldozers or vehicles, and only very basic tools.

I've not heard of this place in India, but thats probably because such wonders are not promoted in tourist books and the like. I've always wanted to visit India, maybe one day I'll get the chance, and I will certainly be visiting this facinating spot.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow considering these structures are dated 1000 years back, this place has to be quite significant to historians and archaeologists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join