It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Village of the Dead!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I too consider that their purpose was for meditation/energy charging

www.evernewhealth.com...
extract -
But the main purpose is you go inside and you meditate. These Dolmens really are a big cosmic energy chamber. You really get a big blast going underneath one of these and meditating.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Although Stonehenge in England is supposedly riddled with burials, the monument is also probably evidence of a ritual site far in advance of a mere mass burial marker. There is every chance that the stones of this village of the dead in india have a similar purpose. Perhaps as a gathering place in times of annual festival in ancient cultures, and also a place where wisemen and such like of the time would perfom unknowable rites meant only for themselves, or others of thier order.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

excellent. I've never been there, but i have been to a place called hampi, where there are many sq miles of ruins from an ancient civilisation (vijayanagar, i think??) - old temples, civil buildings, market palces etc. i'm always amazed it's so little known..

www.google.co.uk... =1&ved=0CCkQsAQwAA

namaste!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Kiwifoot. Again you prove to be a valuable contributor to ATS. S & F. I appreciate the efforts to bring new discoveries and knowledge to us.

I was interested in the petroglyphs, but my search for some photos didn't turn up anything. It's frustrating when they talk about them in the reports but don't show us any images.

During my research I found an interesting research paper with some more info:

Large concentrations of elaborately constructed megaliths appear
to have been deliberately placed adjacent to water basins in isolated hilltop locations. The site of Hire Benakal in northern Karnataka represents a striking example of such an association (Fig. 4).

There, hundreds of megaliths are found near a broad, shallow water basin that likely began as a ‘‘natural’’ rock pool and was subsequently expanded by quarrying activities for the construction of monuments.

While these associations are suggestive of a ritual dimension
to early water management in the region, few of these observations are the product of systematic research and await corroboration from detailed methodical survey. Nevertheless, preliminary associations between megalithic monuments and culturally significant water pools may have served as a particular claim of access to ‘‘ritual’’ water,

Source

Have a great day!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Excellent find Kiwi... how interesting... wonder what it was for? hmmmm

s&f

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You say village of the dead and link to articles, but never mention dead.

I may have missed it, but rather than going offsite, a reason for these things would have been nice

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This subject is very cool. I love seeing stuff like this. A nice refreshing change from all the oil spill stuff right now. Keep it up!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

You say village of the dead and link to articles, but never mention dead.

I may have missed it, but rather than going offsite, a reason for these things would have been nice

Hm, I thought I had buddy!!

On a gentle slope are scores of dolmens (megalithic tombs)

and

Those of higher status being interred in larger monuments. I say interred, as this is the generally accepted hypothesis for the construction of these structures, although no human remains have been found as yet!

I guess it's called "Village of the Dead" because it looks like a village of little granite houses, used to inter the dead.

Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They look like ancient bomb shelters!.......or storage units.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

As long as it came along in my sleep and I didn't have like just my lower half squashed so I was suffering; I couldn't imagine a better way to go then in your sleep. Could you imagine how much more confusing it'd make the mystery when they discover your skeleton squashed, but wearing modern clothing lol...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So they figured out how to date when a rock was cut?

Exactly how do you judge the date when these rocks were cut and placed?

Yeah, call me skeptical.

They look older than a few thousand years...

Is their dating method better than mine?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks JW for taking the time to search for and post the link

It's much appreciated, I think we may have the same source, I gave it a different title though!!

All the same, cheers!! You posted more info which is always good!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think I know how... They move in the support stones, Then fill in the general area around it with packed dirt- and a ramp. They then yank/ pull/ move the roof onto the exposed tops of the support stones, dig out the dirt, and voila! Crazy rock shelter.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

and I don't get the impression they were burial grounds.

Neither do i think these were burials.

I get the impression these were connected to astronomy, rather than superstition or burial custom.

It would be interesting to get a top down view of the site, and maybe a plot of the dolmens positions...i'd hazard a guess that the larger and smaller sized dolmens represented larger and smaller stars, and maybe constellations.

Or it could be a system for mapping and recording star positions to track the procession of the equinoxes (approx 26,000 year cycle).

Could be something else entirely, but i'm saying astronomical records. Over 1000 dolmens...dolmens constructed over an approx 1000 years period..sounds like one dolmen a year to me. An astronomical recording device, updated and added to at yearly (probably ceremonial) intervals.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Great thread kiwi

I love India! Love it, love it, love it.
Always a wonder to know how many more mysteries it's keeping hidden.

I personally don't think it's a burial ground. Normally, we cremate and being in India they would have distributed it into a river i.e. Ganga.

Are they meant to be monuments? I'm sure if they were...they would at least have some designs on it or engravings?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansuzrune
Nice post. I have heard from David Wilcock in one of his videos that Dolmens were use for meditation. It is believed that it increases frequency
similar to an antena for meditative purposes.

As soon as I saw those huts thats what I thought.
Also been to India and never heard of these.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by coredrill

so you are malayali, eh?

Yeah, i am from kerala, and the folks of Kerala are known as malayalis.

But from my own personal view point, i go by what Montesquieu said

“If I knew something that would serve my country but would harm mankind, I would never reveal it; for I am a citizen of humanity first and by necessity, and a citizen of France second, and only by accident”

I am a Citizen of the World, A cosmopolitan!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Great thread, amazing indeed.

I wonder how a layout would look compared to the stars of that time.

The remind me a bit of the formations we have here in he Netherlands.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da9768d30249.jpg[/atsimg]

Lol, that's so cool, that's in Drenthe right?

I think I may actually have crawled under that one as a wee kid, 5 or 6 years old.

The Hunnebeds.

Oh,the memories.

edit; Look what you did, now I have to go look through old family albums, and get all sentimental.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Those aren't tombs. They're temples for meditation that harness the earth's hyperdimensional energy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrus Magistus

Those aren't tombs. They're temples for meditation that harness the earth's hyperdimensional energy.

Very interesting!

I bet in ancient times balls of light, better known as UFOs, would sit on top of the dolmen while a person meditated below. Check out the image carved on a rock wall at Chalcatzingo, Mexico an Olmec site.

The one that I am talking about is the fire ball with an "X" in it. This image has a mythological connection with the ancient Basque people of Europe, who also have dolmens.

Here's a link to Monument 5.
www.latinamericanstudies.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join