It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England, USA proceed to last 16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

England, USA proceed to last 16

www.kbc.co.ke

England produced a vastly improved performance to beat Slovenia 1-0 and progress to the last 16 as Group C runners-up.The United States also reached the World Cup knock-out stages after a last-gasp win over 10-men Algeria. Landon Donovan was the hero for USA as he smashed home from close range in stoppage time in an entertaining contest at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guide2slovenia.com
www.newstime.co.za
news.sky.com

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Pleased with the results, as an England supporter i was thrilled with tonights result and i was glad to see USA make it through also to the final 16 and they have suprisingly become strong contenders to win this competition. England will now have to contend with Germany this sunday and the USA will be up against Ghana this saturday coming. Judging from the performances Germany have shown it should not be as difficult as first though to defeat our old rivals whilst i believe the USA may struggle a bit with the final African team but nothing to worry to much about. If England/USA manage to pull off their victories then we will both be heading into the quater finals. What is everyones predictions for the competition as a whole? I personally believe Chili will present us with a David and Goliath scenario and snatch the gold.

www.kbc.co.ke
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's going to be very hard to beat germany I think, but if england plays well anything can happen

[edit on 23-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
It's going to be very hard to beat germany I think, but if england plays well anything can happen

[edit on 23-6-2010 by _Phoenix_]

I think England has it in them to go far if they can pull it all together. The U.S. is not lacking on offensive chances but really needs to tighten up in the back. I see too many challenges for the ball that are missed resulting in opportunities the other way.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can't wait for the England game to be honest, but I'm hoping for a German win. Both teams haven't been playing as well as they should be, but hopefully the knock-out stages will see them play better than they have been. Both myself and a friend can't see an England win, I think that Germany will win in the 90 minutes, however he thinks that Germany will win on penalties.

The USA and Ghana game will be pretty close, however I think that the US will get the win.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
England tp beats zeh germans, ghana to beat the usa.
gutted that i cant watch the england match as i will be at work.

top topics

join