It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julia Gillard to become Prime Minister

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So who is going to Toronto for the G20? Rudd was going to go, I doubt Gillard will, maybe Swan?

Edit to add;

Sky news confirmed Swan. www.sbs.com.au...

Rudd is giving a speach any minute now, Gillard will follow.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
holy shiat!

she is way too young for my liking...

elections!! asap!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

You know she turns 50 next year.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

On the hair angle can you believe her hubby is a hairdresser!

He must be pretty awesome to give a person lego man hair.

Anyone thinking beards?
Trapped in the closet?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rudd us squirting some and he's proud of the fact...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Watching Kevin right now is making me ill.
The pretense that his emotional state is due to his pride in his achievement an the emotive issues of health.

He is clearly upset at his loss, not overcome with emotion because of all he has "achieved" and wanted to achieved.

Do you know who stops playing in the middle of a game when they are losing? Children, not all children,most kids have the courage and backbone to see a game through to the end even if they are losing badly, but there are always those spoiled little brats ones......

[edit on 23-6-2010 by mumma in pyjamas]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by FuGGer

You know she turns 50 next year.

yes i do. 50 is too young for my liking.
hilary is 63.

btw, that hairdresser is her partner? and not her husband...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

wow. he was choking literally when he started. ive never seen a pm that emotional.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It is quite damaging to ones ego, though he did stand down for the good of the party as crap as it is. A bigger man walks away from a fight as opposed to slugging it out.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead

It is quite damaging to ones ego, though he did stand down for the good of the party as crap as it is. A bigger man walks away from a fight as opposed to slugging it out.

You can think that if you want, i still think .....

Do you know who stops playing in the middle of a game when they are losing? Children, not all children,most kids have the courage and backbone to see a game through to the end even if they are losing badly, but there are always those spoiled little brats ones......

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Damn I wished he'd gone out with a bang and said something he shouldnt have as a puppet. But he is going to contest in his home seat of Griffith here in Brisbane for the next election and in the mean time stand behind the labour party, if he were retiring he may have been more likely to talk openly.

Now time for Gillards speach.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's all over the news here in the UK (nearly 3am here), n just a little note, Margaret Thatcher was a red head...and she destroyed the unions here...something to think about maybe?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
reply to post by spearhead

if he were retiring he may have been more likely to talk openly.

Yeah because pollies have a history of talking openly, honestly candidly and frankly. They are show ponies nothing they say can be taken as earnest.They are seasoned thespians, it extends into their personal lives i am sure.

Some people seem to believe that pollies talk openly at times.That bad acting and fake sincerity doesn't gel with me, i spent years in the theatre.I would consider myself an expert at detecting hammy sincerity and frankness.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englands_Glory
It's all over the news here in the UK (nearly 3am here), n just a little note, Margaret Thatcher was a red head...and she destroyed the unions here...something to think about maybe?

sadly in contrast, gillard has her "balls" tightly squeezed by the unions and the mining industry...to which she owes her current role as pm!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Englands_Glory

Nah. Must again respectfully disagree.

As mentioned earlier, she is owned by unions. If anything unions will gain more power.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Hubby, partner same difference.

I am not married but the Government counts my relationship the same as it is de facto. The little details and certificates mean little to the tax man.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
One thing I noticed Rudd talking himself up on in his farewell speech was how he fixed the pension system.

Not quite.

Where a normal pensioner would miss the pension in his position as the means test would include his millionaire wife's income. He will still get his massive pension. Forget the fact he increased it below the comparative cost of living.

Now Julia is saying they are scrapping their mining tax ads.

Maybe we are seeing a reason for all this now.

If Rudd was seen backflipping again on what is somehow shaping to be the biggest issue this election he would have been unbackable in the race, as he would have caved on too many of his most important policies.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I have been living in a complete media blackout for the past 48 hours. Haven't posted here in weeks...and Jesus I have to say this is a small, unconcerning shock.

I tend to think Julia is quite an intelligent woman. I KNOW that politicians are--generally speaking--all members of a horrid breed. But I will vote for her, or sign my own name on the paper handed to me on election day.

Anybody here who thinks Abbott will make for a decent Prime Minister is...utterly insane. The man is a religious nutcase, completely out of touch with every-day reality, with no personality and the laugh of a crooked money-lender. If you want John Howard V2.0, mixed with George W Bush Jr...give the liberals your vote. But be warned, everything precious in the national character, our rights, our freedoms and so on shall be dashed by this monstrous, soul-less man. Big business will no doubt thrive...but the cost shall be immense.

I'm cynically thinking that this whole unravelling is merely a set-up to allow the above mentioned man the next prime ministership.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Oh great we went from one bad egg (Howard), to another bad egg (Rudd) to yet another bad egg (Gillard)....and on the other side we have a pile of bad eggs (Abbott).

Bring back Bob Hawke!!!!!!

The only world leader that holds a world record!!!

Fastest yard glass of beer drunk!!!!!

Now thats what I call a Prime Minister!

Like ya style Oz, good to see ya posting again ya been a bit quiet

Gillard is dead in the water. I am a liberal voter, but i have voted for labor in state.e Abbott is a shoe in, christian man in budgie smugglers

Wally

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
There's NO way the Aussie voters will vote Gillard in the election. The people already have seen the Labour's side... and it HAS been a ugly side, screwing Australia since My Ruddy got elected. All of Labour's policies FAILED! And you(s) realllly think that Gillard will do a better job?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join