It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead in accident related to the leak ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In the beginning of this movie on CNN the reporter says

"Difficult day at the gulf with 2 deaths being reported..related to the effort to clean up.."
edition.cnn.com...

Anybody knows more about what happened ?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ya, One got shot err uh according to official Media report "A Gunshot Wound", Nothing serious there. The other death, "A Swimming Accident", totally innocent as well. Nothing to see here, move along everyone, move along.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
More Info:

"Meanwhile two people involved in the oil disaster response were reported to have died in Alabama, Allen said.

According to the Baldwin County Coroner's office, William Allen Kruse, a 55-year-old boat captain working on clean up, died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in the wheelhouse of his boat. The Gulf Shores Police Department is investigating the death, though Coroner Stan Vinson said "at this time we have no reason to believe there is any foul play involved."

The other death was described by Allen as a swimming accident.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families," Allen said. "We know this is a devastating thing to happen."

Wonder what they saw??

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoala
Ya, One got shot err uh according to official Media report "A Gunshot Wound", Nothing serious there. The other death, "A Swimming Accident", totally innocent as well. Nothing to see here, move along everyone, move along.

I beg to differ...we don't know if the gun shot death was fowl play yet or not so let the authorities investigate before claiming there is nothing to this.

Perhaps your correct, but if this was a Captain of a boat, and he was ready to turn whishleblower on BP...who knows what really happened. I have seen video of BP thugs threatening people on a continual basis so again let's await the results.

Swimming accident? What the heck is a clean-up worker doing swimming in the Ocean right now? Perhaps it was a pool but that was not apparent from the article.

Bottom line 2 response workers have died...investigation continues!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I didn't say anything about the cause bud, I was just thinking bout theories. Sorry, didn't mean to act like I knew it all. By the way, Foul play is different than fowl play, although either play is not enjoyable

I was kinda on the same theory as you though, if you didn't notice my sarcasm. Anyway cheers

Originally posted by realmatrix

I beg to differ...we don't know if the gun shot death was fowl play yet or not so let the authorities investigate before claiming there is nothing to this.

Perhaps your correct, but if this was a Captain of a boat, and he was ready to turn whishleblower on BP...who knows what really happened. I have seen video of BP thugs threatening people on a continual basis so again let's await the results.

Swimming accident? What the heck is a clean-up worker doing swimming in the Ocean right now? Perhaps it was a pool but that was not apparent from the article.

Bottom line 2 response workers have died...investigation continues!

[edit on 23-6-2010 by kinkykoala]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The first reports of the two deaths were reported along with the news about the top hat being off, I thought at first it had something to do with what had just happened. Now they are saying is is most likely unrelated. Reports still very sketchy and CNN announcers are saying very little, very quickly about the incidents and going on to other news. The death of the boat captain was reported as a suicide. Will we ever know the truth of this - certainly they will say more than they have already. Very questioning as it happend on the same day as the disconnection of the top hat.

Keep your ears open - let us know if you hear more even if it is not necessarily confirmed.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, the commander in charge of the government's effort to control the 65-day-old spill.

Puppet?

Allen said two people tied to the clean-up died over the past day in the Gulf region. One of the deaths was of a charter boat captain who apparently committed suicide...

The other death "was an accident regarding a swimming pool, a swimming event," said (Thad) Allen.

This stinks!
There's not much info on this guys' death.

ABC News

here's a blog about details being scrubbed from news sites:
Blogger

Kruse, who lived with his family in nearby Foley, Ala., reported to work Wednesday morning as usual at the Gulf Shores Marina on Fort Morgan Road in Gulf Shores, Vinson said. He met up with his two deckhands at his boat, The Rookie. One of the deckhands later told Vinson that Kruse seemed his usual self, sending them to fetch ice while he pulled the boat around to the gas pumps. As the deckhands walked off to get ice, they heard what sounded like a firecracker, Vinson said. They turned around but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. So they proceeded to gather the ice and wait for Kruse at the pumps. "He never showed," Vinson said.

LA Times

Suspicious?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Uh, ya!!

I think you won't hear anything more about it from mainstream media, and if you do, it will be on the suicide angle.

Most people don't report to work to commit suicide, they usually do it at home and leave a note.

Sure seems suspicious to me.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kinkykoala

Lol...no worries I guess I got all Fowled up...lol sorry! Anyway we are on same page and I appreciate your clarification. Pax Vobiscum!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i don't think it is suspicious at all - people kill themselves wherever they decide to, depending on many things.

suicide is a planned event, and when people have families and others that they care about and want to affect as little as possible, with their suicide, they often plan on doing it somewhere away from the home - somewhere the memory won't assault their loved ones every time they enter the room, or whatever.

i'm sure the man was despondent - more than that.

i've had my episodes of despondency, too, and i live far from the coast, in the desert!

and it is more than just losing a livelihood - it is a complete deprivation of a way of life that was still very much enjoyed and desired

not to mention having to look at the effects of the oil on the flora and fauna.

i hate to say this but i wouldn't be surprised if there are more suicides in the months to come.
i hope and prayer there aren't but i also know these are desolate days for so many people!

desolation is hard to deal with, day in and day out!

i find the swimming incident somewhat puzzling, though, based on the comments.

swimming pool?
how is that related to the oil spill?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoalaWonder what they saw??

I have a sad feeling that the charter boat captain saw his version of Hell. When it looks like your livelihood, your way of life, is no more, with little or no hope of recovering in your lifetime, it is more than some can take in this life.

A natural disaster holds the hope of recovery for victims, but even then there can be accompanying higher rates of suicide. Man made disasters, such as war, work related accidents, coal sludge floods, or this oil leak, have the added insult of human cruelty to fellow humans. Reasonable thinking is that we should be here to help one another, not make Life more difficult than it already is. Humans should be there to help, not inflict pain, on one another.

At that point, hope, a reason to live, seems beyond grasp or nonexistent. "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

More Info:

"Meanwhile two people involved in the oil disaster response were reported to have died in Alabama, Allen said.

According to the Baldwin County Coroner's office, William Allen Kruse, a 55-year-old boat captain working on clean up, died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in the wheelhouse of his boat. The Gulf Shores Police Department is investigating the death, though Coroner Stan Vinson said "at this time we have no reason to believe there is any foul play involved."

Yeah killing yourself over that....

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
OK Listen up people my finger are getting tired of post what really happened.
two oil workers dead in Ms. Speculation, they got some money from BP got drunk/stoned/both and died "accidentally". Totaly unrelated to actual spill unless corexit made them crazy.
Mr. William Kruse, Foley, Orange Beach Al.
He saw things, he saw how bad it really is. He saw people losing their jobs, friends I'm sure maybe family. Lot of that going on around here.
He was a life long resident and if he is who I'm thinking he might be his family has lived in this area for generations.
You know people it's bad, really bad down here. This is a community the whole coast is a community so you landlubbers that live above the salt line quit guessing about things you know nothing about.
He lost it, maybe he saw a struggling baby dolphin in the bay, maybe he saw how BP is ordering sea life to be burned alive. Maybe he went out on that boat and saw hell and couldn't take it any more.
Mental health professional are expecting and epidemic of suicides along the coast as everyday is worse than the day before.
This is the first that we know of.
Help us damnit, send money to a charity so they can provide the safety net for the people struggling on the coast maybe you save one person's life. I know from going through hurricanes, seeing Katrina just down the road a ways, that $10-$100 goes a long way. We help each other down here. Not even nearly recovered from Ivan 2004, I took $100 dollars went to the dollar store and bought enough items to fill 4 bags took it to our local volunteer fire dept., they were taking a semi full of supplies to NOLA.
Right now the people need money sent to charities to dole out to help people pay bills, buy food. Food banks need money to buy food. Quit sitting there speculating about a monster behind every bush.
Pay it forward, God will bless you and he will deal with the monsters.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just read the two post before mine.
Thanks for the understanding of our dire situation.
I wish I could cry but so far I can't.
It's like you go to bed knowing you are going to wake up to some new fresh hell.
If it wasn't for ambien I probably wouldn't go to sleep.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dead shrimp blues

dead shrimp blues, I see Mr.Kruse's story has made national news. How are you doing? If you still visit this thread, please fill us in on how things are with you and how things are going for people you know or have heard about.

top topics

join