It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmakers Warn of Administration Plan to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

GOP Lawmakers Warn of Administration Plan to Grant Amnesty to Illegal Immigrants

www.foxnews.com

The Obama administration is drafting a plan to "unilaterally" issue blanket amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants as it struggles to win support in Congress for an overhaul of immigration laws.

"It's a plan that they can actually put forward ... circumventing Congress"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It appears that Obama will stop at nothing in order to create the perfect world he wants to see in his eyes. He has no problem with using his executive powers in order to do what he deems necessary for the good of the country. It doesn't matter what the majority of people think. He just doesn't care. It's obvious.

Votes, we don't need no stinking votes. I'm the president and what I do and say is all that matters.

Can't imagine the uproar if he pulls this one off. If he can give them the right to vote, that's potentially another 10 million votes that he could use to get re-elected? Talk about a slap in the face to Arizona.

How about working on the oil spill Mr. President? Thank you in advance for your concern and prompt attention to this matter.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think your right, the President knows his party is about to get it's butt kicked in November and he's planning on doing whatever to add more left leaning voters. I suspect that until people protest on mass there will be little chance for a non rigged election if this goes through.

And by rigged election I do mean illegals being given amnesty so they vote Obama and I also mean the thousands of dead people Acorn sent in mail in ballets for.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
THIS is not gooood at all. I don't know about you guys, but i'm seriously concerned about the very real possibility of violence as a result of something like this. This is not going to go over well with many of the actual citizens of this country, myself included. We have PLENTY of people here already, and if you want in you should be doing it via legal means. We don't have the jobs nor the money to deal with a flood of immigrants entering this country right now, any idiot who can add and subtract could tell you that. This is just going to further burden the states, most of which have already cleaned out their coffers.

Obama just might be on track for worst prez ever. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This has already been posted here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e749a1a7bb04.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Oops, everything is happening so fast. Thanks to the OP for getting it out there super quick. It IS important.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hmmmmm... I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see Obama, once again, act like a dictator and legislate directly from the oval office. Hopefully there is someone close enough to him to warn him of the VERY grave consequences for this action. Such disregard for the electorate would most certainly result in a rash of state successions, vioence and a distinct possibility of civil war - deservedly so!

And to those of you wondering if Obama will go down in history as the worst president ever... he already has!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I love all you butt-hurt losers crying and complaining about the president signing executive orders when Dubya basically didn't do anything BUT sign executive orders to enact unpopular policies.

"waaaaaah someone who I don't like is using his powers as intended waaaah"

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conqueror of Seth

Don't worry Seth, when you get into high school and take that government course, you will learn all about the separation of powers, the role of the legislative branch and the limitations imposed on the executive branch created by the Constitution. At that point you may gain at least an inkling of why this is bad thing. Oh, and by the way, it was a bad thing when Bush did it too!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Well said Kozmo!!!
I didn't like it when Bush did it, and I still don't like it now with Obama doing it.
As far as I can tell, Obama is on point to become at least as crappy as Bush.

I can't believe people get so amped up over the two-party system....picking their favorites like this is a stock-car race, it's hilarious and terrifying all at the same time.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Not that this matters anyway. I am all for amnesty on one condition...that in conjunction with amensty we deploy the largest military / police force in history to our borders and anyone else in is immediately imprisoned for crossing the borders. No more questions, no more silly patch laws, and drivers licenses to be obtained.

Give them amnesty and then everyone else found to be an illegal from then on out is imprisoned and returned to their country. Every employer found knowingly hiring illegals is arrested and imprisoned. No more simple fines, real jail time.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Gee, it's really too bad I've been out of High School for almost a decade(I even graduated early!) It's a shame some of you fringe nutjobs couldn't have been afforded the same aptitude and, at the very least, a modicum of understanding as to the way our government works.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Your plan is good but not good enough.

Sooner or later you will have to remove those troops and the same laws that benefit illegals today will still benefit illegals tomorrow.

As to the article, I call it BS. But people will believe what they want to. Just ask yourself why foxnews is constantly running these stories.

Just stirring up the dust while Congress does nothing about anything. GOP are a fine one to be pointing the finger. What did they do when they were in power?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conqueror of Seth
I love all you butt-hurt losers crying and complaining about the president signing executive orders when Dubya basically didn't do anything BUT sign executive orders to enact unpopular policies.

"waaaaaah someone who I don't like is using his powers as intended waaaah"

Hi!

Welcome to the year 2010.

I am sorry to inform you that George W. Bush is no longer our president. Our new president is Barrack H. Obama.

Do not worry, though . . . as he is continuing the Bush legacy, so feel free to bash him all you want!

Just a quick pointer, though, since you are new here in 2010 . . . the Bush bashing is not considered cool anymore. He has been out of office long enough for the new president to control his own destiny. In fact, it is quite ridiculous and makes you look like an imbecile that is stuck in the past . . .

oh . . . wait

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore

Well I can see the good in this with the amnesty they will have to pay taxes, get valid DL's,valid Social security numbers, and be paid above the table. That can't be too awful, Oh and they'll have to be paid at least minimum wage so no more undercutting the American worker, we'll all be equal now!!! Honestly why would anyone be against this?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Reagan did it (approximately 3,000,000 illegals). This happened with a promise to secure the borders (which never happened).

Obama want's to do it (approximately 19,000,000 illegals). You have got to be kidding me...

It spit's on the face of anyone who became a citizen in accordance to and of the law (easier to go through amnesty program, then legal processes). Not to mention the $1,000s of dollars those who applied legally spent.

How many "terrorists" will gain Amnesty?

How many people will rush in to get Amnesty (on top of the 19 mil here)?

How much will this cost us?

Everything is crashing in on us, and he wants to embrace 20 million criminals on top of that?

So many questions...

They admit that they can't protect the borders, bascially hand off 1000s of acres to smugglers. They are siding with illegals (criminals, its a law).

If this goes through, now (double dip recession possibly around the corner), it's suicide (or murder, depending on your perspective). It's becoming apparent that this administration (along with the last three, are trying to kill our sovereignty).

I think it's another chess move towards a NAU.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by squidboy]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

All good in a perfect world. Too bad that isn't where we live. Get paid above the table and pay taxes, get DL's, etc. I can't see anything changing. Oh wait, they'll all get free health care and my premium will go up to pay for it. That's good

top topics

join