It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June deadliest month of Afghan war for NATO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Link

KABUL, Afghanistan – June has become the deadliest month of the Afghan war for the NATO-led international military force.

An Associated Press count based on announcements by the alliance and national commands shows 76 international service members have died this month. The total includes 46 Americans.

The previous deadliest month for the multinational force was July 2009, when 75 troops were killed. For the U.S. contingent, the deadliest month was October 2009, when 59 service members were killed.

Just thought I would post this one here. The longest war in American history, and this month has had the most amount of NATO soldiers killed in Afghanistan. Im guessing the next few months will have even higher casualties.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Tough luck eh.

Soldiers choose a job that involves killing without question.

They are programmed to obey any order without question.

Thats why it annoys me when governments tell us back home to be proud of "our boys".

If they were defending, yes, fine, but they aren`t.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

WOW!!! Wonder what june 2011, 2012,2013,2014,2015,2016..... and on and on and on will bring. Thank god Ive talked both of my two boys out of joining the military!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon
Soldiers choose a job that involves killing without question.

They are programmed to obey any order without question.

You are displaying an ignorance of the military. Solidiers (at least British ones) are not programmed nor do they "kill without question".

Regards

top topics

join