It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lieberman Wants to Boost President's Cybersecurity Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Lieberman Wants to Boost President

www.msnbc.msn.com

The U.S. Senate is considering a bill that would allow the president to declare "national cyber emergencies" and requires that "the owner or operator of covered critical infrastructure shall immediately comply with any emergency measure or action" demanded of them, in section 249.c.1.

The bill specifies no restrictions on the president's power over the internet, except that the response to any "national cyber emergencies" must "represent the least disruptive means feasible" (249.3.c)
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore]

[edit on 23-6-2010 by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here we go. Let's declare an emergency and shut up/down everyone and thing or link that doesn't agree with the "agenda". The end of ATS, YouTube, etc? The presidents powers are virtually limitless in order to do what he deems necessary for the "good of the country". We all know how much good he has done so far. This seems like another grab at power to quiet avenues of rational educated thinkers and anyone not inline with what we are all suppose to agree on. What took so long?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God Forbid Terrorists send me an annoying popup.

Its not like they can make my computer explode for no reason.
My Computer is not a suicide Bomber.

Its ridiculous. And dont say "oh identity theft from terrorists." . People can take care of themselves on the internet, If they dont then thats there own problem.

they could arrange a number of Effecient Measures to protect our country from "Cyber Terrorists".

But as always, Our Government Fails.

It fails all the time. but no, still people go on walking around thinking everythings ok, noone is stealing their tax dollars, Our economy is fine, Our borders are secure, And we are winning a war in a foreign country. Also, Our Government is doing Everything they can to stop an oil leak, and now they're going to fight cyber terrorism.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Attention, attention!

This is message no. 1 of 260 000! The president now has a red button to shut down each and every contact to the internet! At least, it is in development. First test at 6:00 in the morning were successful: The president was able to mute his alarm clock with his left hand.

This cable is confidential and will explode 60 seconds after reading. So be sure, to shut down your internet connection within that time frame.

End of message. 259 999 secret messages will follow! So don't miss this thread tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DontKnowTheWorldNoMore

WOW more security and less freedom who would have thunk it? Our rulers are so nice to us.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Amazing. All the hoohah about the draconian measures that China supposedly enforces upon it's internet-going populace and the American government is trying to push this agenda.

I would be asking questions if all of my American buddies suddenly disappeared from the web at once if an internet off switch was used over there.

top topics

join