Lady Gag-Our-Youth

page: 8
3
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
If this is about the quote upstairs with the God reference, I Also disagree with that part of the quote as i don't believe in the earth god man created either, I just didn't take it out just to leave his writings in his original context. And no Ms.Gaga wearing a bikini at the game is not destroying the country.. But our Morals And Standards are getting lower and lower and lower... and pretty soon we really will be in the mad house..

if we aren't already are.


"Our morals and standards" are nothing but opinions.

My moral and standards, are obviously different from yours. As no two people are going to have the exact same morals and standards, this is my point throughout the thread.

If the entertainment industry is some how interfering with your morals and standards, then don't subscribe to it. It isn't difficult to ignore. You didn't have to watch Lady Gaga's actions at that basketball game, and she hardly did anything that non-celebrities don't do and haven't done.

People don't have to let the television raise their children. People don't have to listen to things they don't like.

I ignore the religious people that try to shove things down my throat - because I know my own morals and standards.

I understand that people are going to have different opinions - it's when the obvious hatred of something different comes into play that things start to fall apart.

The hatred spewed about Lady Gaga in this thread is disgusting, the ignorance in thinking that calling her a whore is "healthy" is disgusting.

All of that being said - I am not a huge fan of hers. Her music is too "poppy" for my ears. I don't hate her because of it.


The only thing I can say now is that we're already in the mad house - arguing about someone else's morals and standards with our own opinions. While people around the world are being TRULY victimized by criminals and governments alike.




posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by Uniceft17
 


You can't talk about Lady Gaga without talent, and I think I should be able to respond to your comment about music being rubbish etc, along with the other endless comments about her music from other people, but i'm off topic when I post's clips that proves she is a good singer.


Of course she has a good voice.. she'd be a useless puppet without one.


LMAO, Puppet?! Now this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel, I hope you have something to back up whatever theory your about to tell me.



Really now?

Because I could give a flying F
K how good she sings?

She uses her 'talent' to spout lyrics like

"Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"

To 13 year old girls.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


Not a problem. There seems to be a lot of haze concerning this subject.. I thought the idea was put across a couple pages back. A couple people still have there head up there ass.


Ex

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer
 





I've never seen such a collection of fuddy-dutty sticks in the mud.


Star for you !
I think you were reading my very thoughts as
I perused this thread



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by Uniceft17
 


You can't talk about Lady Gaga without talent, and I think I should be able to respond to your comment about music being rubbish etc, along with the other endless comments about her music from other people, but i'm off topic when I post's clips that proves she is a good singer.


Of course she has a good voice.. she'd be a useless puppet without one.


LMAO, Puppet?! Now this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel, I hope you have something to back up whatever theory your about to tell me.



Really now?

Because I could give a flying F
K how good she sings?

She uses her 'talent' to spout lyrics like

"Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"

To 13 year old girls.


I'm very interested in what her intended audience is. Has she stated that she wants 13 year old girls to listen to this?

OR

Is it that the parents of these 13 year old girls have no idea what their kids are doing?



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by draevin
The only thing I can say now is that we're already in the mad house - arguing about someone else's morals and standards with our own opinions. While people around the world are being TRULY victimized by criminals and governments alike.

Who says opinions don't matter? What makes expressing opinions about a subject matter a "madhouse"? That's a senseless statement.

Facts and "truth" don't mean anything if they don't change people's opinions. That little game is called politics.

It's your opinion that people around the world are being "truly" victimized by criminals and governments alike. It's not a fact though. For every example you could come up with to help support your argument, there would be someone else disagreeing with your perspective.

Take Israel and Gaza for instance. Everyone claims they are victims and that their enemies are the criminals. Both could be wrong, or both could be right. Where's the "facts"? You could list "facts" all day long but in the end the only thing that matters is your current opinion.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by harrytuttle]



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by draevin
 


I appreciate your efforts to more thoroughly present your thoughts and opinions in a constructed manner. How old are you if I may ask?

Because if the parents aren't subjecting them to it, there buddy at the playground with the absentee parent is? Ya dig?

This thread has turned into the influence and behavior celebrities have on the youth and people as a whole.. Not sure were we got mixed up.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
People said the same thing about Madonna twenty years ago.

Conservatives are always up in arms about a women being comfortable with her image and her sexuality.

~Keeper


so she is comfortable with being a whore? me thinks you would not let your daughter act the way lady gaga is acting. Its one thing to be comfortable with your sexuality....its another to act like a skank. the way gaga acts is in poor taste.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
OMG! Have you people seen this?

There is this guy that gets up on stage and moves his hips around!!!!

It is vulgar and disgusting and obviously rotting our kids brains because how are we supposed to control what music we buy for our children or what concerts we let them go to or what tv we let them see? HOW!

So anyway, this guy, I guess he gets on stage and swivels around, at points THRUSTING HIS PELVIS! Name is Presley or Presly or Paisly or something.

DO SOMETHING AND DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!!!

Before it is too late and someone else comes along and encourages boys to stop cutting their hair so often!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!

[edit on 6/23/10 by evil incarnate]



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle
 


So people aren't being victimized around the world?

Maybe my choice of offenders was based in opinion, but it is true that people are being victimized in much worse ways than having the option to listen to Lady Gaga, or watch what she does at a basketball game.

Of course that is opinion as well, because maybe someone somewhere finds rape and murder to be less of a victimizing action than Lady Gaga's antics.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
OMG! Have you people seen this?

There is this guy that gets up on stage and moves his hips around!!!!

It is vulgar and disgusting and obviously rotting our kids brains because how are we supposed to control what music we buy for our children or what concerts we let them go to or what tv we let them see? HOW!

So anyway, this guy, I guess he gets on stage and swivels around, at points THRUSTING HIS PELVIS! Name is Presley or Presly or Paisly or something.

DO SOMETHING AND DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!!!

Before it is too late and someone else comes along and encourages boys to stop cutting their hair so often!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!

[edit on 6/23/10 by evil incarnate]

False analogy. Nice try though.

Elvis was performing on a stage. Lady Blah-Blah was in her underwear at a baseball game, in a public setting with kids around.

Apples, meet Oranges.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How much are you all guys payed??,

Or does the TPTB have everyone so divided even the ones who work against them cant get along?



Cool day. peace.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
why would anyone (who shows up at a public baseball game and then sits in a private seat owned by a movie star) come dressed (goofy) but normally and then later strip down to complain about publicity shots .., and even give the finger to (actual paying) fans?

She is a useless c***. simple.

If she didn't want the interruption of media or the thousands of other fans, she has the money to pay for her own team, baseball field and she can act like a heathen on her own property.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by draevin
 

Sure there are people who feel they are victims. But that is just their opinion. In your opinion, you may agree with them.

However, the opposing party may feel that they are just doing what they need to do. In their opinion they may be "getting rid of the scum", or "cleaning society" or "taking care of business" or "doing their job" or "following orders".

Humans can rationalize anything. Look at Hitler and his underlings. They felt they were in the right, doing the right thing. Popular opinion says they were 100% wrong. But who knows, in 100 years popular opinion could say Hitler was right (if things go wrong in the future).



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
reply to post by draevin
 


I appreciate your efforts to more thoroughly present your thoughts and opinions in a constructed manner. How old are you if I may ask?

Because if the parents aren't subjecting them to it, there buddy at the playground with the absentee parent is? Ya dig?

This thread has turned into the influence and behavior celebrities have on the youth and people as a whole.. Not sure were we got mixed up.


My age doesn't matter. you presented a statement that said Lady Gaga is intentionally using sexual innuendo in lyrics meant for thirteen year olds, without any relevant proof, and I gave you an option for providing some sort of evidence regarding her intentions.

I also gave the other option of parents actually parenting.

The buddy in the playground could be doing a lot worse than exposing someones precious child to pop music. If the child goes onto the playground with the morals and standards being taught by the parent - then they aren't going to be as influenced by that "playground buddy," and are more likely to make choices based on the family values.

And shouldn't a parent know who their child's friends are?

I'm not sure what the point of your thread is if it isn't about the influence of celebrities on children, when you specifically claim that Lady Gaga is intentionally targeting thirteen year old girls.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I watched those live performances on page 7 and I have to say they're laughable. Her crap sounds better in studio. And just because she plays the piano doesn't make her any better because so many other people can play the piano and do it a lot better than she does. She's a complete joke and deserves to be laughed at. Let people believe she has any sort of true talent if they want but it doesn't make it true.

If you guys want to hear some actual good sounding songs, listen to Blind Guardian live and you'll hear what real talent is.

Gaga is just a whore that is only famous due to "sex sells" and peoples' lack of taste. It's evident when you see the article of how a school used classical music as punishment and the students couldn't stand it. This is what are future is coming to, when trash is elevated to the value of gold and the gold is treated as worthless.

Edit: Grammar edits

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LordTacos]



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by draevin
 


Ridiculous! Your either ignorant, arrogant, or both!


You think that when your child is at school.. at recess or having lunch, you being the parent is going to have a dam clue what he/she being subjected to from other kids??

Whether or not her lyrics are intentional or not they're subliminally explicit.. You want an example?

I walk into a subway the other day and theres A single mother and her 2 daughters eating in-store.. I'm ordering my meal and they're store radio is blasting 'cute' 'poppy' beats about "riding disco sticks"

god you almost sound crazy trying to defend her blatant lyrics.

Are they "directed". Does she openly admit to her target audience? Of course not.. that would be unethical in the books these guys play by.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LightWonder]



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordTacos
I watched those live performances on page 7 and I have to say they're laughable. Her crap sounds better in studio. And just because she plays the piano doesn't make her any better because so many other people can play the piano and do it a lot better than she does. She's a complete joke and deserves to be laughed at. Let people believe she has any sort of true talent if they want but it doesn't make it true.

If you guys want to hear some actual good sounding songs, listen to Blind Guardian live and you'll hear what real talent is.

Gaga is just a whore that is only famous due to "sex sells" and peoples' lack of taste. It's evident when you see the article of how a school used classical music as punishmentand the students couldn't stand it. This is what are future is coming to, when trash is elevated to the value of gold and the gold is treated as worthless.

Edit: Grammar edits

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LordTacos]


And on top of this! A study shows classical music like Beethoven enhances brain waves and helps students focus better.

Hmm.. interesting!



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder


Really now?

Because I could give a flying F
K how good she sings?

She uses her 'talent' to spout lyrics like

"Let's have some fun,
This beat is sick
I wanna take a ride on your disco stick"

To 13 year old girls.


So your not going to respond to anything I said, you accused me of being off topic by posting videos of her singing after people had already been commenting on her singing.

I don't mind you ignoring my questions, but don't try to imply i'm off topic when you don't agree with what I post.



posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17
 


Im sorry i must have missed your point? Excuse me.

Would you mind reiterating your question for me? I will gladly answer sorry to have missed it.



top topics
 
3
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join