It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gag-Our-Youth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I would be more concerned about what children access via the internet. As someone else in this thread said:
" Absentee parenting".
That's the core of the issue, when the parents rely upon others to 'entertain', and provide for their children.
I am also more concerned about poverty and hunger and education than a 'music star' not doing anything really bad.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
reply to post by harrytuttle

Star again.

You know who were some REAL artists...

Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Micheal Jackson, Stevie Wonder..

Your spitting in my face telling me gaga is putting her talents to good use.

Stop defending her "abilities" and start looking at how poorly shes using them.

I absolutely cannot help but notice, and point out, that every single 'real artist' you mentioned is male....hmmmm....

but nope. No sexism at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by LightWonder

So let me ask this: If you feel so strongly about it, why are you fueling it by being one of the millions of people talking about it?

If you are so opposed to it, why draw attention to it?

For one this is ATS, so if these topics bother you log back into FaceBook.. please.

Take a look at the big picture as a whole, if thats possible. Tie in everything and then this small, almost insignificant event from her.. simply discussion.. only to help portray the deteriorating image of the U.S.A. and the world for that matter.

I apologize for being somewhat critical.. things just look very nasty as of late.

Never said they bothered me, in fact, I have been the one driving this thread, thanks.

You seem to have missed the point. But that's okay.

So lady gaga wears a bikini to a baseball game and it is a sign that things are deteriorating? Are you kidding me? There are plenty of signs. If you allow entertainers to be one, you are paying attention to the wrong thing.

The funny thing here is, we have all these people all upset about it, and yet not a single one of you realizes that you are doing waht was intended by her wearing it, and that you are helping to make her fame more prominent by being so up in arms about such an insignificant thing.

You all have already proven this is about sexism. Do you really want to keep digging?

Clearly we are having mis-communications and by no means am I not disagreeing with you at all.. I just believe you think that my head is wrapped all around the sexism involved here, which.. it isn't.

But our celebs and people in status are a product of our society.. just wish we had a little more "class".

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Men are not in control over these women, they are in control of them.

Fair enough. I really don't have an issue with these women taking advantage of their, shall we say, assets, to manipulate men. However they are passing on high risk behaviors like drinking, excessive partying, excessive promiscuity, to an audience that is primarily YOUNG girls - surely that can't be good for young minds to be listening to those songs over and over and over again.

A stripper's behavior is appropriate because its taking place in a strip club where people are old enough to enjoy such things - some of these popstars are acting like drunken sluts on television for an audience of mostly children.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

I dont think your head is wrapped up in sexism.

I think you are doing it unconsciously.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Fair enough. I really don't have an issue with these women taking advantage of their, shall we say, assets, to manipulate men. However they are passing on high risk behaviors like drinking, excessive partying, excessive promiscuity, to an audience that is primarily YOUNG girls - surely that can't be good for young minds to be listening to those songs over and over and over again.

A stripper's behavior is appropriate because its taking place in a strip club where people are old enough to enjoy such things - some of these popstars are acting like drunken sluts on television for an audience of mostly children.

Every song on the radio made by men is about getting hoes, or gettin' crunk, or having bling, or stealing, or doing drugs.

Wheres your outcry over them?

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Definitely my test to you, you passed by the way. Because they're are plenty of AMAZING female artists out there like: Aretha Franklen, Ella Fitzgerald, Aaliyah.. it doesn't matter what race or gender you come from you can put off any image you choose.

link   

I agree with you, it certainly isn't what I want my children being exposed to WITHOUT any sort of understanding as to what they are looking at.

This is why I am big on parenting, explaining anything and everything to my children that I feel is a bad influence. I can't keep them from being influenced, but I can show them how to spot disinformation and harmful stimulus.

They can still enjoy her music without subscribing to her ideals or behaviour.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Star for you sir! That is exactly the other girl i was trying to think of.

Simply rubbish music, and PEOPLE LIKE IT?!

"Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack"

"Boys trying to touch my junk, junk"

the lyrics are terrible and the industry as a whole has deteriorated.

It's really funny that people would compare a NON artist like that stupid Kei$ha girl to a REAL artist such as Lady Gaga.

She's classically trained, educated, does ALL her own sets, writes ALL her music, Produces the tracks etc..

NO autotune which is why the industry has gone to crap over the last 20 years.

Most people who are very critical of Lady Gaga are ones that have NEVER bothered to read up on her. They just take what they see in the media, which is obviously a gross exageration.

~Keeper

Lol, up to this point I was reading your posts and agreeing with most of them but this post just shows you have a clear biased to the subject in question, now I can't take your comments on this seriously anymore...On subject let her do what she wants Kobe raped someone and he still plays in the NBA and everyone cheered for him when he won the Championship a few days ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Every song on the radio made by men is about getting hoes, or gettin' crunk, or having bling, or stealing, or doing drugs.

Wheres your outcry over them?

Look if you like we could start a whole new thread and discuss both genders.. buuuut..

I think the thread title is "Lady Gag-Our-Youth"

Which is directed at her, so did you wanna go off topic or should we start a new one to accommodate your needs and wants?

link   
I know what you mean with the Madonna references. However she is more talented than Madonna IMO she plays at least one instrument well and has a decent enough voice.

That being said her antics irritate me and smack of desperation to some degree. I think her situation is, she tried to make it in the business playing it straight for several years relying solely on her talent, but time and time again she was shown that talent is not necessarily the most important attribute in the music biz!

Has she sold her soul? Probably, quite a meteoric rise to fame, but not uncommon for this day and age.

For those of you who don't like her I have added a link to her falling over in those big devil hoof shoes she wears, enjoy.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

link   
I can't believe anybody is defending this moronic woman.
She's been chosen by the industry to be the next big thing, she's an idol for many kids, and here she is boozing it up and acting like a fruitcake in a very public place. To me, it's just a stupid guerrilla publicity stunt in a bid to keep her "edgy" and in the news. Her label is going to suck her dry and, in a few years when nobody really cares about her anymore, she will be cast aside like so much trash.

She is just the latest in a long line of musical travesties created by MTV and the industry.

Please explain to me how Lady Gaga and Amy Winehouse aren't pretty much the damn same???

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've never seen such a collection of fuddy-dutty sticks in the mud.

What's the problem with Lady Gaga?

WHAA! The children!
WHAA! The flag!
WHAA! The country!
Uhhh.... uhhhhh..... Inappropriate!

Seriously, if you get this bent over a bad pop music schtick I can't see how you made it through life this far.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I've never seen such a collection of fuddy-dutty sticks in the mud.

What's the problem with Lady Gaga?

WHAA! The children!
WHAA! The flag!
WHAA! The country!
Uhhh.... uhhhhh..... Inappropriate!

Seriously, if you get this bent over a bad pop music schtick I can't see how you made it through life this far.

Ive taken note to the trend of your post's, you really seem like a hardened character with a firm 'ol american' view of everything, probably why your a traditional drummer instead of just a.. drummer..

I take your post with a grain of salt sir, but thanks for the input.

reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Star,
Thanks for that photo, what a tacky outfit.. cant see how anyone would be comfortable in that.. but hey! to each their own right.

reply to post by mpriebe81

Most definitely agreed.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LightWonder]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just an observation, but so far every person that is speaking out against her antics at a basketball game (which btw, shouldn't we be more interested in the game?) has had a blatant dislike for the woman, from calling her ugly to saying she has no talent.

So far, this is all bias about her music/entertainment, and not about the actions of a young woman wearing a bikini and acting strange.

Most young western girls in her age bracket act the same exact way, and have acted the same way since before anyone even knew who she was.

So who were her role models when she was a little girl?

It all comes back to a new generation, doing things that the previous doesn't approve of.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by draevin
Just an observation, but so far every person that is speaking out against her antics at a basketball game (which btw, shouldn't we be more interested in the game?) has had a blatant dislike for the woman, from calling her ugly to saying she has no talent.

So far, this is all bias about her music/entertainment, and not about the actions of a young woman wearing a bikini and acting strange.

Most young western girls in her age bracket act the same exact way, and have acted the same way since before anyone even knew who she was.

So who were her role models when she was a little girl?

It all comes back to a new generation, doing things that the previous doesn't approve of.

I wouldn't say so much about her actual talent.. More so of what she portrays and stands for.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Zeropoint
I hate her and wish someone would shoot her in the face and end her miserable, pointless and grotesque way of life, it's people like her that turn children into whores, not madonna, I see where people were coming from back then but the level of stupidity and brain mushing music has stepped up a level folks.

Her and her music should be illegal under punishment of rapid decompression.

It seems someone has chosen to prove my point.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
lady gagger isn't anything special
just like the rest of the teenybop pop star crowd.

Anyone with FL Studio, Fruity loops, acid pro or adobe audition and Autotunes can become a pop star nowdays. Just look good, act like a whore (ooo makes you progressive), and hire a manager to pimp ya.

and there ya go you too can be a famous pop star with no talent except to be "outrageous"

I don't consider any of them musicians.

it's all presampled backing tracks, they wouldn't know the first thing about setting up a real band.

Don't get me wrong I love trip hop, trance, house, ambient and I know it's all just computer generated, sampled, etc. But they don't pretend to be something they are not, you know what ya get.

but today's teenybop pop music is really an embarrassment.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Zeropoint

I starred you.. But not because i believe that she deserves that.

I wish she could be dismantled from this twisted image that has been set for her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join