It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady Gag-Our-Youth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Star for you sir! That is exactly the other girl i was trying to think of.

Simply rubbish music, and PEOPLE LIKE IT?!

"Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack"

"Boys trying to touch my junk, junk"

the lyrics are terrible and the industry as a whole has deteriorated.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
People said the same thing about Madonna twenty years ago.

Conservatives are always up in arms about a women being comfortable with her image and her sexuality.

~Keeper

Well, flashers are "comfortable" with their sexuality, but still doesn't make it ok.

There's a big difference between exposing yourself and being comfortable with your sexuality.

Do you get upset when you see a female wearing a bikini?

Who said wearing a bikini has anything to do with sexuality? It's swim wear. Big deal. Like most normal guys, if the chick was "hot" I wouldn't mind it, but it's not about me and that hot chick.

It's about other people/their kids and the "nasty" people in the world who want to flaunt there undesirables to others that I'm worried about.

It's either all or nothing. You have to take the good with the bad, if you decide "rewrite" the rules concerning public clothing.

So when a grown woman wears her underwear to a baseball stadium, as they say, "Houston we have a problem".

If societies "rules" seem stupid to you, it's because you haven't thought out the consequences of what happens when we think it's cool to rewrite them.

For example, according to you it would be "cool" to see hot chicks in bikinis in non-swim/sun bathing areas such as baseball games. Yeah, ok, but who decides which women are hot? Who decides what's a "woman".

How would you like it if a unattractive (and I mean, gross) woman or even a transgendered man-to-woman (who is only really fooling themselves) wore a bikini in front of your son/daughter at the game??? And if that person wasn't so "hot" - fat, nasty, stinky, and your son/daughter has to now look into the ass-crack of that man/woman/whatever wearing a thong?

The rules are designed to prevent that sort of "disagreeable" social behavior from occurring. It has nothing to do with puritan ethics. It's about being a mature adult who actually thinks about the potential consequences.

Well, she was wearing a bikini with a shirt over it. That's why I asked the question. And I take your answer as saying its about what the girl looks like.

But no, theres no sexism here.

This comes down, again, to your personal opinion. And you are entitled to that. But that does not make it the responsibility of that person to change their ways for you.

If you wore a shirt with a pinup girl on it, and I objected, would you change?

Over and over again in your response you reiterate the sexism. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT THE PERSON LOOKS LIKE, THEIR SEXUAL PREFERENCE, OR ANYTHING ELSE. You wear what you like. Others are afforded the same right.

As far as being at a game, please, revisit my previous post. Do you have an issue with males having their shirts off? Do you have a problem with the NBA dancers? Or the pool in CF in Arizona?

The truth is, like I said, this is about people having an issue with Gaga specifically, and trying to call her out on it.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder

The majority of society has there head up there ass's.

Someone controls society..

We can let this thread die I'm simply in that kind of mood this morning.

Where are we going as a civilization..

HOPE, is feeling a lot like DESPAIR lately.

sorry for being a: "Conservative" .

Since I personally do not see the problem that people like Lady Gaga are supposedly causing, I'm not sure I can speak to that.

I see no despair in pop music. I see young people pushing the previous generation aside as they have done every generation.

It happens in every aspect of our society.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
reply to post by tothetenthpower

LOL well Madonna was just as weird 20 years ago too. Both these women have issues and its sad they wanna work their "issues" out in public and even sadder that they would have the lack of self respect to make money on their "issues".

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Rockstrongo37]

Do you feel the same way about all the male pop stars or artists who are as succesfull?

Come on, that's blatant sexism at it's finest my friend.

They make money with they artistry, not issues. I'm sorry but you try writting platinum albums, designing your own sets and doing concerts 7 days a week, and we'll see if you call it "issues".

I call it dedication to your dreams.

~Keeper

HA! I call this selling out for a quick buck.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by draevin

The majority of society has there head up there ass's.

Someone controls society..

We can let this thread die I'm simply in that kind of mood this morning.

Where are we going as a civilization..

HOPE, is feeling a lot like DESPAIR lately.

sorry for being a: "Conservative" .

Widen the view. A certain portion of society also helps reflect on the rest of it as well sir.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by LightWonder]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

So let me ask this: If you feel so strongly about it, why are you fueling it by being one of the millions of people talking about it?

If you are so opposed to it, why draw attention to it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Star for you sir! That is exactly the other girl i was trying to think of.

Simply rubbish music, and PEOPLE LIKE IT?!

"Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack"

"Boys trying to touch my junk, junk"

the lyrics are terrible and the industry as a whole has deteriorated.

It's really funny that people would compare a NON artist like that stupid Kei$ha girl to a REAL artist such as Lady Gaga.

She's classically trained, educated, does ALL her own sets, writes ALL her music, Produces the tracks etc..

NO autotune which is why the industry has gone to crap over the last 20 years.

Most people who are very critical of Lady Gaga are ones that have NEVER bothered to read up on her. They just take what they see in the media, which is obviously a gross exageration.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Since when do we discuss this on ATS???

This entire thread is just PR for Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga is a music industry troll, if we do not feed her...she will go away

That's not so hard to understand...is it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by draevin
I see no despair in pop music. I see young people pushing the previous generation aside as they have done every generation.

It happens in every aspect of our society.

"Pushing the previous generation aside"?

That's a laugh. Lady Blah-Blah is COPYING the previous generation. You have heard of Madonna, right? LGG represents everything that sucks about the current generation (but by no means does the current generation suck in it's entirety).

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
... That doggone Elvis with his hips and his jungle music...he's gonna destroy this country...

Wow, it just dawned upon me how things change and yet they stay exactly the same. This conversation trades the barber shop for the Internet, and Elvis for Lady GaGa, but as for the rest...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So let me ask this: If you feel so strongly about it, why are you fueling it by being one of the millions of people talking about it?

For one this is ATS, so if these topics bother you log back into FaceBook.. please.

Take a look at the big picture as a whole, if thats possible. Tie in everything and then this small, almost insignificant event from her.. simply discussion.. only to help portray the deteriorating image of the U.S.A. and the world for that matter.

I apologize for being somewhat critical.. things just look very nasty as of late.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Whats wrong with you? do u even have half a brain? these are role models for our children! if u had a baby girl and thought about what she would wear to a baseball game or even to the store for that matter im sure u wouldnt be thinking of her showing up in bra and panties ( might as well jus not even had the damn jersey on ) i mean this is not good for our youth its basically saying u can wear slutty clothes and be respectful.... terrible. IMO send her arse back to europe!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

For one this is ATS, so if these topics bother you log back into FaceBook.. please.

Take a look at the big picture as a whole, if thats possible. Tie in everything and then this small, almost insignificant event from her.. simply discussion.. only to help portray the deteriorating image of the U.S.A. and the world for that matter.

I apologize for being somewhat critical.. things just look very nasty as of late.

Never said they bothered me, in fact, I have been the one driving this thread, thanks.

You seem to have missed the point. But that's okay.

So lady gaga wears a bikini to a baseball game and it is a sign that things are deteriorating? Are you kidding me? There are plenty of signs. If you allow entertainers to be one, you are paying attention to the wrong thing.

The funny thing here is, we have all these people all upset about it, and yet not a single one of you realizes that you are doing waht was intended by her wearing it, and that you are helping to make her fame more prominent by being so up in arms about such an insignificant thing.

You all have already proven this is about sexism. Do you really want to keep digging?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by detroitredwings

Whats wrong with you? do u even have half a brain? these are role models for our children! if u had a baby girl and thought about what she would wear to a baseball game or even to the store for that matter im sure u wouldnt be thinking of her showing up in bra and panties ( might as well jus not even had the damn jersey on ) i mean this is not good for our youth its basically saying u can wear slutty clothes and be respectful.... terrible. IMO send her arse back to europe!

I have children, and because I EDUCATE my kids about these things, it doesn't influence them.

I AM my children's role models, and they are SMART enough to choose other role models that are healthy for them.

Don't blame other people because YOU don't want to spend time explaining " difficult" things to your children.

That's on your friend.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It's really funny that people would compare a NON artist like that stupid Kei$ha girl to a REAL artist such as Lady Gaga.

I see the same oversexed hollow lyrical themes in use in their music, the same thing I see all over the hip-hop industry with the objectification of women. Why are these pop stars allowing themselves to become sexual meat on a pop music hook?

So Lady Gaga writes her own stuff, that doesn't mean it has any emotional depth.

Kesha supposedly used to write for Miley Cyrus, does the fact she can form sentences that go together rhythmically make her an artist - nope.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Star again.

You know who were some REAL artists...

Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Micheal Jackson, Stevie Wonder..

Your spitting in my face telling me gaga is putting her talents to good use.

Stop defending her "abilities" and start looking at how poorly shes using them.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I never said anything about the music being meaninful or good, I jsut said she's an artist because she actually does all the things that REAL artists do, regardless if they are good at that or not.

You ever ask a stripper why they do what they do? They say cause they like the control. Men are not in control over these women, they are in control of them.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by detroitredwings

1)Roll models are parents, not entertainers.
2)As I keep asking, do you watch the NBA? Do you have an issue with the dancers?
3)People wear bikinis to the store, to the mall, to restaurants, to just about everywhere. Its not illegal.
4)She isnt from Europe, but way to prove you dont know the issue you are speaking on.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to post by harrytuttle

Star again.

You know who were some REAL artists...

Luther Vandross, Marvin Gaye, Micheal Jackson, Stevie Wonder..

Your spitting in my face telling me gaga is putting her talents to good use.

Stop defending her "abilities" and start looking at how poorly shes using them.

Jackson huh....now theres a roll model...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

"Pushing the previous generation aside"?

That's a laugh. Lady Blah-Blah is COPYING the previous generation. You have heard of Madonna, right? LGG represents everything that sucks about the current generation (but by no means does the current generation suck in it's entirety).

I don't see what is wrong with Lady Gaga, she is doing her job as a pop star. I'm not sure what she is representing besides herself, and if the current generation wants to follow her, then that is what it is.

Your opinion of it doesn't change it. It's funny that people bring Madonna into this, because she was the cause of such debates in her own time. Now she is a pale comparison when trying to describe the "outrageous" of new pop stars like Lady Gaga. Madonna may have inspired parts of Lady Gaga's work, but they are not the same thing.

You say it's a laugh that Lady Gaga is part of the current generation pushing the old aside, and then you go on to say she represents what is wrong with the current generation. I don't see the difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join