It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whooping Cough Epidemic in California Kills 5 Babies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Whooping Cough Epidemic in California Kills 5 Babies

www.foxnews.com

As of June 15, California had 910 recorded cases of the highly contagious disease, and five babies — all under 3 months of age — have died from the disease this year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
On this site there are a lot of people who advocate not getting your children vaccinated.

This is the result!

Whopping cough is easily prevented. The more people that choose not to vaccinate, the more children we're going to lose to easily prevented childhood disease.

It's easy to argue about the benefits and risks of vaccination. It must be very difficult for those parents who lost children to this disease.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i had whooping cough...but that was when i was between 1-3 years olds...

if i could help with antibodies, kindly post an address to contact

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
don't forget the influx of illegal immigrants from Arizona coming into California..
bringing there family's and any diseases the illegals cant afford the medical care to prevent or cure...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
People who think that you shouldn't get vaccinated should be thankful their parents are smarter than they are. How many of their friends or family have they lost to polio, smallpox, rubella, measles, mumps, whooping cough, diphtheria or any of the other deadly diseases out there that can be stopped by vaccination?
They should set aside their paranoia and research how many people die each year where no one is vaccinated.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Pardon me for asking, but is there a conspiracy theory or something here? What does this have to do with conspiracies???

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

i wonder if these kids were vaccinated.
(to the poster who thinks that "This is what happens when people advocate not vaccinating...") may not happen to be the case this time, but as someone who follows these stories i can say that many times when children get sick and/or die from these vaccine-preventable diseases they vast majority are already vaccinated, unfortunately.
ironic...and doesn't really support the whole "vaccines save lives" argument.

people die, its part of life, its sad that these babies died from something that the MSM swears should have been preventable. this is not always the case in nature. :/

i'm sending loving thoughts to the families of those babies. :'(

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The article points out that whooping cough is now an epidemic in the State of California.

It goes on to say that parents and caregivers should get a booster shot.

This is a disease that wasn't around when I was a kid but , now it's back.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I suspect it's a combination of choosing not to vaccinate, not getting vaccinated for other reasons, and carriers coming in to CA from other countries. The most heartbreaking case I ever saw was almost 20 years ago, when an infant who had just started the series of vaccinations fell ill with wc (I suspected from exposure to family/friends who were infected). It was a terrible way to die.

Interesting, but I know of two CA adults (non-smokers) who had an undiagnosed cough for months, to the point of being unable to work. Doctors didn't know what they had, and the two eventually recovered. Makes me wonder what's out there these days. Or was it undiagnosed wc, although it's not supposed to be the same in adults?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Your comment on adults...I've had the adult version of whooping cough for 5 weeks (not the whooping part the whole time) and it's been awful. It came on very suddenly when we were in a villa at the beach. I didn't even realize until just now that there even was a vaccine for adults...it's called Tdap, and vaccinates against tetanus toxoid-diphtheria-acellular pertussis all at once. The one for pertussis (whooping cough) is not available by itself. Seems they only recommend it for adults who are healthcare workers working with children.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
California Department of Public Health director Dr. Mark Horton said today that children should be vaccinated against the disease and parents, caregivers and infants need a booster shot.

What a nice propaganda for big pharma drugs recommendations.

one of my nephew had it when he was a child and survived just fine.

Me, I am missing an entire panel of childhood vaccinations as vaccinations came into my Island later in the sixties.

I am now 49 and never have been sick with any childhood diseases, I stop taking the flu shot after so many side effects.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Hey, thanks for sharing all that! Sorry to read that you came down with it. If it was anything like whatever my family member had, I can believe it was bad. And I'm glad to know of the adult vaccination; I'll pass it on to any adult I know who might be in need of it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

well, the reason they say caregivers (or those adults who will be exposed to children or babies) is because vaccines wear off and if an adult gets it (not serious) they can give it to a baby under 1 year, (can be serious)

BUT
not all babies die from it.
its mostly the young, young babies. as a poster above said, the baby they knew that died from it was in the process of being vaccinated for it...seems like maybe the baby shouldn't have gotten it, if vaccines work? i dunno.

my son had a very, very serious reaction to the DTAP vaccine...
i would honestly be more okay with a child dying of natural causes (preventable or otherwise) than because i gave him a shot "just in case" he got something that had a slim chance of him dying in the first place. :/

its all to get people to vaccinate...which obviously doesn't fully protect everyone, and definitely not forever. definitely a "conspiracy" if you ask me.
**edit:
when my son was 2 he actually got whooping cough a year after his last vaccine he had already gotten vaccinated for Dtap (and reacted to the shot to some degree every time he got one of those)
and...he was sick, like any child gets sick, and got over it...like most children have and will.

[edit on 6/24/2010 by double_frick]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

I was a teacher for 9 years and the only thing I got from them was the back to school bug
(last year it was tag "swine flu" scaring parents to death) and the hateful step throat, I think I used to get that at least 3 times a year.

Yes children carry many diseases at least annoying ones specially in the school where they are all together in classrooms all day.

I am glad that your brush with the Whooping Cough has been with not bad results.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This would not even happen if all doctors' offices had a rife machine.

But as we all know the "powers that be" have decided we can't have that technology.

new topics

top topics

join