It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBEs - Good or Bad - Opinions on My Experiences?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I never intended to post new threads on ATS but this has been bothering me lately, so I'd love to get your input and ideas.

Over 10 years ago, I had 2 (very short) OBEs, one the most peaceful thing I've ever felt and one quite violent, but I found both to be rather harmless. Even in the violent one, I felt safe, just more shocked about what was happening.

They stopped after I realized I need to close my chakras at the end of chakra cleansing meditations. All was good and normal for years minus my sleep paralysis, lucid dreams, and "angelic" dreams (I have no other name for those).

Now I'm near 30 and the last few months I've been having OBEs again, about 4-5 times in the last 3 months. Actually, I would call them near-OBEs as I don't really see anything, just feel the feelings. I almost want to say they're just sleep paralysis but they feel completely different (though theoretically they feel the same). I'd wake up and hear this whirring/fluidy noise and for lack of a better description, I felt like fluid inside my body, just weaving in and out and was all over the room in no time.

Unfortunately, these days the OBEs don't feel safe anymore. It feels like I'm either being sucked up out of my body from the feet at a 45 degree angle with a strong vacuum or like my spirit is on a roller coaster.

I found that when I think of the word "love", or I think of my husband sleeping next to me, anything positive, I come back to my body, and I feel safe and calm again, even if I'm still "circulating around inside and just outside my body", it's much slower and more stable.

This makes me wonder if OBE is actually not good afterall.

A side thing that bothers me is I remember when I was young, an "expert" said that when you die, you want to stay calm so you leave through your head, and that you're going to hell if you leave from the feet/lower body. And here I was, being sucked out of my body from my feet.

Anyone has any idea or theories? Anyone else with similar experiences?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm still going for OBE numero uno. Well, a controlled one anyways. I'm definitely interested to see what others have to say. The only one I've had was after an accident, and I didnt have all that much control. Just kind of a listless, apathetic feeling. Like something changed but it didnt warrant any concern on my behalf, even though I could see my body.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well last night I had a couple OBE's without trying to. I kept hearing the rushing wind in my ear and knew what was in store. It was like someone was pullin me out without me tryin to. Never had that happen before. But i was grateful b/c I like OBE's. I realize while i was layin down and probably 5-10 mins before the first one happened, my face and body started to go numb.
Has the numbness happened to anyone else?

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Destiny Curious]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
** This makes me wonder if OBE is actually not good afterall.

Hi. Firstly, I suggest the read of "Astral Dynamics". You can find free
on the net, just google it.

On the point: Masters that do OBE daily or weekly they are in control
of everything and they will project directly into "higher realms" because
of mental stability and energy work acquired from years of practice.

Thing is, us busy occidental slav... ops, "workers" - we get the
ocasional ride (if there is sinchronicity or interest) and can be VERY
dangerous.

So, of course a master will tell you is the most peacefull thing to do.

I projected into a violent environment once, and I can say once is enough
and were only for a few seconds.

That being said: only go if you are a mentally stable person AND can
do the energy cultivation process that takes 6-12 months of daily
dedication.

Nowadays, i just do energy raising, "bone breathing", and CHI activation
on full body scale. Those terms you will understand if you dig enough.

But OBE? My mind is not ready. Your mental configuration gets the
angle of the projection... If you have a hard day DO not attempt.

Also, be aware that the first level OBE (pre-astral) is NOT empty,
and those wondering around maybe have an agenda (negs, deceased).

I would say, with 100% sincerity, that if you go into a very spiritual
place and attempt there to exit there you wont be bothered.

Forewarned is forearmed, says RObert Bruce. Good point.

RP

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks RP. I'll google that when I get a chance.

Just want to clarify that I wasn't trying to have OBEs. They just started again for no particular reason. The only things that's different lately is I started using binaural beats a little while back for meditations and started qigong a few months ago, but haven't consistently done either.

I think I'm a mentally stable person. A bit stress with work but that's all. TBH I'd have liked the OBEs to stop (never even wanted them to start) but they just keep happening. Is there any way to stop them?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To the OP,

I am 100% certain that out of body experiences are simply a state of hypnosis and you do not actually leave your body, its just your mind tricking you.

I just did a thread about self-hypnosis, there is an excellent free ebook by Melvin Powers called a practical guide to self-hypnosis.

Let me guess, you have OBE when you are in bed, tired or relaxed, letting your mind wonder, eyes closed, muscles relaxed, and you are primed waiting for the experience.

I've never heard of anyone guessing correctly in a proper double bind scientific experience, to prove OBE but I've heard plenty of stories of people experiencing age regression thought hypnosis and even past life regression which is nothing more than a subconscious desire to give pleasing answers and to satisfy some sort of secondary emotional gain. I recommend reading about Milton Erickson (well I've been recommending this to anyone who would listen lol) he talks a lot about the role of the subconscious.

I hope things improve for you, many people would be very proud of having experienced OBE, but in my humble opinion its possible to look at things in more than one way. Binarual beats are designed to interact with your subconscious and is a method of inducing hypnosis. Hope this clears things up, or not.

Peace out now and forever.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Curious

Hypnosis 101, you seem like a very good hypnotic subject who can be of great benefit to others by spreading your experience. Pain is a choice, and the numbness you are experiencing is the beginning of something called glove anesthesia

Of course, I could be wrong, but millions of people have achieved glove anesthesia and the technique can be used to get full body pain relief and indeed the removal ( temporary) of all body sensations.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Thanks for your response! Logically, I agree with you that it could be a state of self hypnosis, and I'm open to the idea that it is. Actually I hope that's all it is.

However, the actual experience feels completely different than any hypnosis I've been in. I've done past life regressions, ecstatic trance postures, etc. (which I completely agree with your opinion on subconscious desire to fill an emotional need) Binaural beats give me the sensation of buzzing/numbing or at best slight floaty feeling, but I wasn't using binaural beats on the nights when I experienced OBEs.

Perhaps it's just a different state of hypnosis. However, I thought with hypnosis you can always get out of it whenever you want; I couldn't get out of the OBE, at best I could slow my "spirit" down but once I stop trying to slow it down, "I" start zooming around again, or the phantom vacuum starts sucking me out of my body by my feet again. (this sounds really weird, I know!)

I'll look into Milton Erikson, it's an interesting topic to study.

I have always only gotten the OBEs in the middle of the night, while fast asleep. I wanted to attribute it to sleep paralysis, but my sleep paralysis have always only happened as I'm falling asleep or when I wake up, never in the middle of the night. Plus, the feeling and sensation are completely different.

BUT, assuming that it is a state of hypnosis, why does my "spirit come back to my body" only when I remind myself of "love" and aspects associated with love?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by ATSdelurker]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

Your spirit is "knocking on your door", quoting Castaneda... time to
wake up.

I dont buy OBE´s a hypnotism... only if you believe you are only
human. And OBE´s are repeatable when you know the technique
and of course you can remove view and prove its existance.

Deceased people can touch you after their immediate death.
Happened to me, and is the same prana feeling that you get from
almost energy cultivation.

Stopping OBE´s? Well.. when it starts, claim that you are not ready
for this phase on your spiritual ascendance.

RP

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

Just a point to help you, if this is increasingly a problem then try to seek some sort of professional help, just the very fact you are aware and a fully functioning intelligent person is of tremendous benefit.

And there are many states of hypnosis, might be worth while investigating about pre-hypnotic commands but I don't know much about OBE and use the search here on ATS?

Peace out and don't become incredibly happy straight away

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't believe OBE should be tried by novices. It's all in the mind, really. Whether it's good or bad depends on the person. Most people don't OBE anyway.

top topics

join