It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New "Dukes of Hazard" movie......Talks of removing confederate flag off top of general lee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
brazosportnews.blogspot.com...

I personaly feel that the confederate flag has to stay on the car. Thats the way it was and why change it?

Devotees of the TV show, however, are breaking out in hives over talk concerning changes the moviemakers might make, such as removing the Confederate flag from "General Lee," the orange Dodge Charger that was as important to the show as any of the actors.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The flag doesn't mean a whole lot to me, so it would look wrong without it. I saw an episode of it the other day. Some things are best left in the memory.

Hopefully they would give it a modern twist like they did with Starsky & Hutch.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If they removed the confederate flag off the car, I feel they've defeated the purpose of trying to recreate. Sure some people find it offensive, but this type of view of confederate pride is only limited to certain areas. I highly doubt placing a confederate flag in a movie is going to start a new found confederate revolution. In all honesty, people need to get over it. Without progression, we just place ourselves in a cycle of history, instead of making history, we re-live it.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
First of all, is this movie really necessary?

And if it's another Ben Stiller type remake comedy, then the Flag has to stay. That's the point. And no, the Catherine Bach character need not be in a business suit. DAISY DUKES BABY!

But if it's trying to be serious and capitalize on the XXX, Torque, [insert fast car name movie here] phenom...then it's just marketing removing the flag and not a PC statement.

These reved up testoterone movies rely on the African American movie goer as much as any segment.

But it's going to bomb no matter what.

They messed up THE HULK bad IMO. The David Banner series was AWESOME! Leave the 70's and 80's alone!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
RANT, leave to 70s and 80s alone---they can't
Hollywood has run out of ideas, just as the music industry and television has. There's also a Jules Verne classic going to be remade.

RE: the confederate flag---leave for authenticity. Or, Daisy Dukes will be in capri pants. Personally, if you've got the legs, I say flaunt 'em...and I do. (Well, maybe not QUITE as short
)

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I guess it's okay if authentic.

I liked how they did Brady Bunch.

But when they start remaking 90's hits like X-Files around 2025 starring people not even born yet, I'm done.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
leave the flag !!

MY God people it's a movie, and all of this politcal correctness crap and sensorship is getting way out of hand.

I can't listen to Stern the way his show used to be and now I can't relive part of my tv childhood and see the General Lee the way I remember it.

Long Live the General Lee !!!

top topics

join